GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How to search CPO with luxury package or ML?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-18, 07:29 AM
Jebsmith
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in California, found my GS 350 at a Lexus Dealership in Houston Texas . Lots of base models Gs 350 and F sports ALL Wheel drive cars with 18" inch wheels and no ML sound system.
Old 11-28-18, 08:28 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
who the hell orders these in RED? grrrrrrrrrrr
Ahem. Red and flaxen looks really good on this car. It's a well known fact that the red ones are faster.
59k is not high miles for this car. I bought mine at 72k, and I considered a super clean FSport with 105k.

If your pursuit of CPO is limiting your options, drop it.
There's no need for CPO if the service records show regular oil changes.

I could not find a Luxury AWD locally, had to have one shipped to PA from Minnesota.
I was looking the other day just to see where prices are these days, and it seemed Lux editions were very rare in general.

Last edited by jonathancl; 11-29-18 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-28-18, 08:31 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

i'm still searching, no luck.

there's one CPO in NJ. but it has high miles 59k and it's red.

If you're inclined, I highly recommend talking to one of the pre-owned sales managers at either Lexus of Mt Kisco/Greenwich or Lexus of Bridgewater and ask them about potentially bringing-in a Lux package car for you. I did this with Lexus of Mt Kisco 3 yrs ago - asked them to bring in a '13 Starfire Pearl on Flaxen with Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, BSM, IPA, Premium Pkg with under 45k miles and if it met my $$$ criteria I would buy it. A week later, he called me with the exact car, he CPO'd it and I bought it.

As far as I can tell, he swapped cars with Lexus of Rt 10 as the original pics he showed me of the car had that dealership's name on the license plate frame.
Old 11-28-18, 09:04 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

59K is not high mileage unless it is a year or two old, I would not be too picky about mileage since the lux package is extremely rare and these cars are solid and have very few issues, don't need to worry about replacing the timing belt. If Lux package is what you really want you will likely have to do some traveling to different states, have it shipped to you, and likely won't get exactly what you want because this package is so rare(wish they did not price it so high).

Down South around Atlanta, Nashville, or Chattanooga had a okay selection when I was looking.

I found a few, they are out there, but none were lower mileage or are perfect/loaded with all the options, one has 49K but is way over priced.

http://www.autocollectionofmurfreesb...IIm54529j&var=

https://www.lexusofcoolsprings.com/V...gurus_listings

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=193048044
Old 11-28-18, 11:08 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

I live in the Chicagoland area and GS are abundant and many dealers here are very competitive as a result well priced GS models. There are about 7 Lexus dealers alone within 50 mile radius and tons of great 3rd party dealers too. For example here is a clean 2014 GS Luxury model that meets your needs.
http://www.highlineautosales.com/veh...il-id-26976520
Old 11-28-18, 11:25 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Definitely more Lux pkg models available with RWD GS's. I thought the OP was looking for an AWD w/Lux Pkg...which is definitely hard to come by for some reason.
Old 11-28-18, 02:08 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

@jonathancl
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (11-29-18)
Old 11-29-18, 06:32 AM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

found another 2 with awd, lux and ml sound system.

1 is in NY and 1 is in CT.

both under 20k miles and priced $22k and $23k respectively.

i inquired about the one in CT. 17k miles. white exterior. dunno interior cuz they didn't provide any pics, i asked for interior pics. so far i know it's a lux package based on the Wheels. will have to confirm once they send me interior pics

i got the carfax.

Funny thing is carfax is clean but mentions absolutelly no lexus dealers, this leads me to believe this was a FLEET vehicle. darn it.

and it's a third party dealer, so god help me not get screwed

Last edited by RA40; 11-29-18 at 08:45 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 11-29-18, 10:01 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Definitely more Lux pkg models available with RWD GS's. I thought the OP was looking for an AWD w/Lux Pkg...which is definitely hard to come by for some reason.
Mine is AWD and I did not even want AWD, when I was looking it was about 4 in 10 Lux models were AWD. Only Lux model I saw on the road was AWD and I am not in a state that gets bad snow. Still wish I had RWD for the lower stance.
Old 11-29-18, 10:07 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

found another 2 with awd, lux and ml sound system.

1 is in NY and 1 is in CT.

both under 20k miles and priced $22k and $23k respectively.

i inquired about the one in CT. 17k miles. white exterior. dunno interior cuz they didn't provide any pics, i asked for interior pics. so far i know it's a lux package based on the Wheels. will have to confirm once they send me interior pics

i got the carfax.

Funny thing is carfax is clean but mentions absolutelly no lexus dealers, this leads me to believe this was a FLEET vehicle. darn it.

and it's a third party dealer, so god help me not get screwed
Those are great prices for under 20K miles, maybe a little too good.

Just because it has the Lux wheels does not always mean it will be a Lux model, I did see 2 in my search that had Lux wheels but were not lux models, owner or dealership must have swapped them out, make sure to check out the interior just to make sure.

I would not worry too much about FLEET(can mean many different things) or 3rd party dealer, just make sure you have a PPI at a Lexus or Toyota dealership, these are solid cars with very few issues. They may need a detail but details are not too much and can make a night and day difference, the one I got definitely needed a detail/polish and a little attention but now it looks great. If they have less then 20K miles there would have been barely any servicing that needed to be done, just basically 1 oil change so I would not be that concerned.
Old 11-29-18, 10:11 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie420
Right? Obviously, he doesn't like red, but why impugn an entire group of people based on their color preference?
Darned insensitive if you ask me...
Old 11-29-18, 05:24 PM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Right? Obviously, he doesn't like red, but why impugn an entire group of people based on their color preference?
my bad, didn't mean to offend anyone. i was just frustrated.

i'm a black on black or white on black type of guy, at worst silver/blue but i like black interiors.

btw, i just checked the interior of the white with lux package.

it is indeed lux package, has the wood steering wheel. it even has heads up display.

i might end up buying this as long as the tyhird party dealer don't get too shady with me
Old 11-29-18, 11:34 PM
Stewart350
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Some are intimidated by the Riviera red.
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (11-30-18)
Old 11-30-18, 05:24 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this one out. It's at Rahal BMW in Pittsburgh. I would guess they could certify it through Rahal Lexus but I think you'd need to ask. https://www.bobbyrahalbmw.com/used/L...120ae16b0a.htm

Good luck with your search!
The following 3 users liked this post by MichaelPea:
AJLex19 (11-30-18), AlexNY (11-30-18), jonathancl (11-30-18)
Old 11-30-18, 05:53 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
Try this one out. It's at Rahal BMW in Pittsburgh. I would guess they could certify it through Rahal Lexus but I think you'd need to ask. https://www.bobbyrahalbmw.com/used/L...120ae16b0a.htm

Good luck with your search!
Nice find...Grey on Black with AWD, Lux Pkg, Levinson and 19" Lux wheels is a very rare GS! Those 19's are similar to the F-Sport wheels but with a lighter finish - @AlexNY you should definitely consider this one since it still has almost a year of the original Lexus bumper to bumper warranty .

Quick Reply: How to search CPO with luxury package or ML?