GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-24, 06:11 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Received 176 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'll take the 500+ HP '05 White Porsche GT3 Cup! But the Bentley convertible would be nice... But maintaining them would be draining!
Same, either that one or the orange one. The orange was a GT3 RS WC 4.0 with a cammed out sounding idle and loud. To enter the white one the door comes OFF ... It looked like it weighed 2 lbs. The brown is a Aston Martin DB12 Volante, definitely had a presence to it.
The following 3 users liked this post by SBPhoto:
asciarra21 (05-13-24), bclexus (05-13-24), Nunz (05-17-24)
Old 05-16-24, 09:00 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Ok, I had my Stoptech stainless steel brake lines installed today along with dot 4 fluid (oem is dot 3). I am happy to say the pedal feel is a lot better, shorter travel and more firm. Here are some pics of my car, the install and ONE of the installers Lexus.

My now updated mods list -
RSR Best*i coilovers
Figs LCA bushings in the bracket
Titan7 Forged 19" wheels w Michelin ps4s tires
Ultra Racing - front upper strut tower bar, front 4 point subframe brace, front lower tie bar, mid 3 point subframe brace, front lower tunnel brace, rear 2 point subframe brace, rear lateral braces
Toms Racing - rear upper strut tower bar, rear lower tunnel brace
SuperPro rear sway bar
Hard race front sway bar
Borla axleback
AFE drop in air filter w HPS intake arm
Stoptech SS brake lines w Project Mu pads
Nizo Low front lip

The following 3 users liked this post by SBPhoto:
asciarra21 (05-20-24), greys0uled (05-16-24), Nunz (05-17-24)
Old 05-17-24, 12:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,275 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Are they touchy like in stop and go traffic?
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (05-17-24)
Old 05-17-24, 01:59 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SBPhoto
Ok, I had my Stoptech stainless steel brake lines installed today along with dot 4 fluid (oem is dot 3). I am happy to say the pedal feel is a lot better, shorter travel and more firm. Here are some pics of my car, the install and ONE of the installers Lexus.

My now updated mods list -
RSR Best*i coilovers
Figs LCA bushings in the bracket
Titan7 Forged 19" wheels w Michelin ps4s tires
Ultra Racing - front upper strut tower bar, front 4 point subframe brace, front lower tie bar, mid 3 point subframe brace, front lower tunnel brace, rear 2 point subframe brace, rear lateral braces
Toms Racing - rear upper strut tower bar, rear lower tunnel brace
SuperPro rear sway bar
Hard race front sway bar
Borla axleback
AFE drop in air filter w HPS intake arm
Stoptech SS brake lines w Project Mu pads
Nizo Low front lip

I knew your 350 looked familiar, when David put a post up of your car! Because of your build, I went down the bracing path lol... personally ordered some TOMS braces all the ones for GSF unsure if the Ultra racing ones are compatible, but I do like their design. Notice a difference with the StopTech lines? Im with @jgscott very curious on your feedback
Old 05-17-24, 02:22 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgscott
Are they touchy like in stop and go traffic?
Originally Posted by Nunz
I knew your 350 looked familiar, when David put a post up of your car! Because of your build, I went down the bracing path lol... personally ordered some TOMS braces all the ones for GSF unsure if the Ultra racing ones are compatible, but I do like their design. Notice a difference with the StopTech lines? Im with @jgscott very curious on your feedback
I had wondered if the start of the brake press would make it feel jerky like it just grabs all of a sudden but thankfully it doesnt do that. It feels like its a bit quicker to activate while still being smooth and making the overall travel of the pedal shorter. The pedal has a more firm feel also. Its not super aggressive but its noticably improved. For about $130 in parts for me it was super worth it.

Thats dope!!! I got all the Toms pieces that fit on mine and ultra racing offers things for other areas that Toms doesnt. If you see what they both have to offer youll get more overall coverage on the car. Do you have an IG?
Old 05-17-24, 03:00 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

@SBPhoto Yep I have an IG for the GS, it is Geriatric Sleeper, shoot me a follow as I love to follow your build! I will have to invest in some StopTech brake lines then! When my GS is on a lift next weekend, I am going to see which additional UR braces can fit on the F. I think I have a front 4 point one already stock, gotta double check!
Old 05-17-24, 03:06 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

@SBPhoto Yep I have an IG for the GS, it is Geriatric Sleeper, shoot me a follow as I love to follow your build! I will have to invest in some StopTech brake lines then! When my GS is on a lift next weekend, I am going to see which additional UR braces can fit on the F. I think I have a front 4 point one already stock, gotta double check!
Found you! I dont know why but I thought you had a 350 also.. In that case I dont know if any of the UR braces work on the F as well. I'm really happy with my car at this point and dont plan on letting it go but any F.. IS, RC, GS, is the next goal in the future.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (05-17-24)
Old 05-17-24, 03:09 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ph0bolus
got rsr down springs and new wheels installed..19x9 on 245/40/19's.

@ph0bolus looks great!! I love those rims! Had the same setup 19x9 of those rims on my old 350
Old 05-17-24, 03:14 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Found you! I dont know why but I thought you had a 350 also.. In that case I dont know if any of the UR braces work on the F as well. I'm really happy with my car at this point and dont plan on letting it go but any F.. IS, RC, GS, is the next goal in the future.
Haha I used to have a 350 for awhile that I modded & posted about. I still lurk the 4GS forum to keep tabs on builds (I’m a huge 4GS fan & don’t see myself leaving the platform)! Honestly the 4GS as a whole handles extremely well with bracing & it is really surprising! Are you gonna ultimately do the upper control arms (FIGS or RR)? I just grabbed a set after David & a few other’s recommendations to grab it.
Old 05-18-24, 01:57 AM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Haha I used to have a 350 for awhile that I modded & posted about. I still lurk the 4GS forum to keep tabs on builds (I’m a huge 4GS fan & don’t see myself leaving the platform)! Honestly the 4GS as a whole handles extremely well with bracing & it is really surprising! Are you gonna ultimately do the upper control arms (FIGS or RR)? I just grabbed a set after David & a few other’s recommendations to grab it.
Ah ok thats cool!! Yeah, even being heavy with not a ton of power I can keep up with much nicer cars in the mountains without any trouble thanks to the suspension mods. What do the upper control arms do for the car?
Old 05-18-24, 03:23 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Ah ok thats cool!! Yeah, even being heavy with not a ton of power I can keep up with much nicer cars in the mountains without any trouble thanks to the suspension mods. What do the upper control arms do for the car?
They allow for you to adjust the negative camber in the front of the car, for better cornering. @lobuxracer I feel like you are the man to best explain this, as you are very knowledgeable on the topic
Old 05-20-24, 06:00 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 135 Posts

Finally found a place to take level pictures of my car, just to show the drop for others to reference. Disregard the hologrammed, swirled paint and dusty, beat up OEM wheels. My wheels are being built and I am waiting until next year to correct the paint when I have the bumpers repaired from the last owner.

RS-R Down Springs for AWD + 26mm Front Roll Center Adjusters

The following 3 users liked this post by GrandSedanFan:
bloodbean (05-21-24), jgscott (05-20-24), signdetres (Today)