GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 04:46 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JUTMSS32
Was going to wait until I got the F Sport grilles but, had a day off with nice weather and don't have the grilles yet. Ebay front lip spoiler installed. Thanks @Kingmatt24 for your help! I intend to chrome delete the fog light trim when the grilles go in. I took the car for a ride on the highway to make sure the lip spoiler wouldn't fall off and wanted to get a few pics before the sun went down. My apologies for the dirty car as I didn't have enough time to wash it first.

Nice, made a huge difference!
The following users liked this post:
JUTMSS32 (04-14-22)
Old 04-14-22, 04:48 AM
Kingmatt24
Intermediate

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Hues10
Not getting political here, but living in Florida, we don’t have to have a front license plate. Peasodos and Jutmss32 and others, when you post pics, my eyes go straight to the front license plate. Just think of how much better the front end would look if that were not there. Nothing you can do, The cars still look great.
It’s technically required here in Illinois as well but I’ve gone almost 2 years so far with no issues. They don’t really care about it, a lot of luxury and sports cars on the road don’t have front plates
Old 04-14-22, 07:51 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 290 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingmatt24
It’s technically required here in Illinois as well but I’ve gone almost 2 years so far with no issues. They don’t really care about it, a lot of luxury and sports cars on the road don’t have front plates
Same in Texas but some cities are relaxed. I haven't had a front plate on any of my Lexus. When I do travel to a city I knows that enforces the front plate, I have my front plate ready to go with one of those tow hook plate mounts stored in the trunk.
Old 04-14-22, 03:32 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 537 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingmatt24
Same here in Illinois, I've been fortunate the last 4 years with no front plate.
Old 04-15-22, 06:41 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Hues10
Not getting political here, but living in Florida, we don’t have to have a front license plate. Peasodos and Jutmss32 and others, when you post pics, my eyes go straight to the front license plate. Just think of how much better the front end would look if that were not there. Nothing you can do, The cars still look great.
I agree. Most Lexus and many others would definitely look better without the front plate. Some will have more luck than others. I got pulled over twice without the plates and that was the only reason they pulled me over. While being there on the side of the road, I saw many pass by without one, new and old. It's all about luck and that guy's mood.
Old 04-15-22, 07:31 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,028 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
I agree. Most Lexus and many others would definitely look better without the front plate. Some will have more luck than others. I got pulled over twice without the plates and that was the only reason they pulled me over. While being there on the side of the road, I saw many pass by without one, new and old. It's all about luck and that guy's mood.
The problem with not having a front license plate displayed in states that require it is; it gives law enforcement an excuse or opportunity to pull you over. Then after being pulled over, the office can choose to cite you for some infraction (e.g. not using turn signal to change lanes, speeding, aggressive driving, loud exhaust, window tint, not reporting a concealed weapon etc.) that otherwise would not have been a factor.

Also, the last thing anyone should want is for a drug sniffing dog to be inside the car scratching/tearing your seats and dash covering looking for illegal drugs - or the dog giving a false hit for drugs and the officer calls for backup to dump stuff astray from the center console, the glove compartment and the trunk, or to disassemble some part of your car's interior(e.g. door panels) looking for hidden drugs.

You never know when an officer might be provoked by something or having a bad day, or carrying a grudge (against your race, your looks, your employment or employer, where you live, the car you drive, etc., etc.) which he takes out on you with an unprovoked, unwarranted citation. Personally, I would rather not give law enforcement any reason to pull me over to begin with.

I have the Lexus OE front license plate bracket with a RightCar Solutions Black Silicone license plate frame on the Texas white license plate with black letters/numbers which gives it a rather nice 'stacked' (like stacked crown moldings) black appearance on the black grille.

I have a RightCar Solutions Gray Silicone license plate frame on the Texas white license plate with black letters/number on the rear of the car which matches quite well with the car's Platinum Silver exterior color to give it a really neat, clean look.

Last edited by bclexus; 04-15-22 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-15-22, 02:00 PM
Saadq12
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

installed the beatsonic CarPlay module - works great. Slight electrical whine which I’m hoping this ground loop insulator device fixes.I also Broke a clip on the glovebox though remove the front panel first before the glove box

Savjam (04-16-22)
Old 04-15-22, 09:01 PM
kuzumi
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I just stripped one of my wheel spacer nuts while trying to take my rear driver side brake rotor off...
Old 04-15-22, 09:40 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

wow, i can't believe the last GS is already Two years old!
Old 04-19-22, 10:10 AM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 77 Posts

A little ghetto customization. Removed badges from rear and changed license plate on back. Deleted chrome throughout with vinyl precuts from a company called GG wraps I found on ebay.

I like the look because chrome is distracting to me. I know a lot of people don't agree.

jgscott (04-19-22)
Old 04-19-22, 10:22 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350noob

A little ghetto customization. Removed badges from rear and changed license plate on back. Deleted chrome throughout with vinyl precuts from a company called GG wraps I found on ebay.

I like the look because chrome is distracting to me. I know a lot of people don't agree.
Don't forget to do the exhaust tips. Gotta black out the whole car.
Old 04-19-22, 01:04 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,285 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Looking good!
Old 04-19-22, 01:27 PM
denary
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Saadq12
installed the beatsonic CarPlay module - works great. Slight electrical whine which I’m hoping this ground loop insulator device fixes.I also Broke a clip on the glovebox though remove the front panel first before the glove box
I also have a slight electrical whine with my Carlinkit install - what ground loop insulator device ae you refering to?
Old 04-19-22, 02:29 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,285 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Have you call Beatsonic to ask what to do?
Old 04-19-22, 02:36 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Received 130 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus4jess
Don't forget to do the exhaust tips. Gotta black out the whole car.
Probably too hot for vinyl back there right? I’ve never done plasty dip before but I guess that would be the way to do it. Have you done yours?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?