GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 10:42 AM
RandallsGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MSRP was over 60. Cost will be invoice plus their "advertising" (which I was told how much to expect from another dealer friend) & shipping cost.
Old 09-13-12, 10:45 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RandallsGS
MSRP was over 60. Cost will be invoice plus their "advertising" (which I was told how much to expect from another dealer friend) & shipping cost.
What is the invoice?
What is the "advertising"?
What about dealer holdback?
What about dealer rebates?
Old 09-24-12, 11:19 AM
capture1
Driver School Candidate

Default below invoice?

Anyone getting below invoice? Looking to get into a GS with premium, BSM, and Nav.

Carmageddon this weekend in SoCal and end of the month so will be looking to find a good deal. Are there any other incentives I should be aware of (i.e. Conquest discontinued? or Lexus drive events)? Thanks!
Old 09-24-12, 12:55 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by capture1
Anyone getting below invoice? Looking to get into a GS with premium, BSM, and Nav.

Carmageddon this weekend in SoCal and end of the month so will be looking to find a good deal. Are there any other incentives I should be aware of (i.e. Conquest discontinued? or Lexus drive events)? Thanks!
Are you saying "carmageddon" because its the end of the month, end of the quarter, end of the fiscal year, and it falls on a weekend? Can one truly get better deals? Or is this just an urban legend? Should I run out and buy this weekend?
Old 09-24-12, 02:12 PM
capture1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Are you saying "carmageddon" because its the end of the month, end of the quarter, end of the fiscal year, and it falls on a weekend? Can one truly get better deals? Or is this just an urban legend? Should I run out and buy this weekend?
Just figured with the 405 freeway closure and city officials advising that you not attempt to traverse them that people might stay home lol.
Old 09-24-12, 02:27 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up my white/black GS-F on the 18th. Leased it with $6700k TOOP, 36/12k for a total of $470/month, then $513/month with all maintenance included till 50k miles. Car was $56,538 and when the finance manager showed me the final numbers while signing, it showed they were -$2,088 under invoice.
Old 09-24-12, 10:06 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by capture1
Just figured with the 405 freeway closure and city officials advising that you not attempt to traverse them that people might stay home lol.
Got it. I didn't realize they were shutting down 405 a second time. I grew up in LA - everybody will just stay home like last time around.

But hey, maybe we accidentally discovered some kind of triple witching hour and this is the best weekend of the year to buy a car!
Old 09-25-12, 07:55 AM
MJA1951
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always find it interesting when people talk about what a great deal they got and provide no numbers. I don't know how they can expect to be taken seriously when their specifics are "at invoice", "under dealer cost", etc. No disrespect but those terms are meaningless. And when you are trading in a car it'usually much harder to get a real price on the actual car purchase.

We bought a 2013 GS AWD Premium and in the Chicago area they weren't discounting much so we went to Milwaukee. Our numbers were;

56003 List
52337 Purchase price
- 1500 Rebate
50837 final purchse price with no trade in

Not a great deal but the best we could do in the area
Old 09-25-12, 10:25 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by MJA1951
I always find it interesting when people talk about what a great deal they got and provide no numbers. I don't know how they can expect to be taken seriously when their specifics are "at invoice", "under dealer cost", etc. No disrespect but those terms are meaningless. And when you are trading in a car it'usually much harder to get a real price on the actual car purchase.

We bought a 2013 GS AWD Premium and in the Chicago area they weren't discounting much so we went to Milwaukee. Our numbers were;

56003 List
52337 Purchase price
- 1500 Rebate
50837 final purchse price with no trade in

Not a great deal but the best we could do in the area
Did you buy the extended warranty? extended maintenance? dealer add-on paint protection? leather protection? etc.
Old 09-26-12, 12:22 AM
printscree
Driver School Candidate

First time poster here, but these forums have been very helpful for me. I just recently leased a new black on black AWD 2013 GS 350. I love the car already and been getting so many praises on it. Just want to know what everyone thinks of the deal I got. I think it was a good one but want to hear some other opinions.

Car - GS 350 AWD
Miles- 15 K per year
Months - 27 with a 6 month extended lease program with lexus (They guaranteed I will get the extra 6)
Money Down + All fees & taxes - $3,000
Per month before special programs - $520.00
Tire/Wheel protection program - $631 total over 33 months ($19.20 per month)
Special $4,500 program (look below) - $1,332 (Decreases the monthly lease by $40.36 per month)

**Was offered a special lexus deal, where if you have good credit they offer you a chance to save money on your lease if you give them $4,500 up front now and get it back after the 33 months. You are 100 percent guaranteed to get that $4,500 back after 33 months no matter what. So over the lease by giving them the $4,500 I will save on the life of my lease, $1,332 from the interest gained. Lexus basically acts like a bank with great interest rates around 8 to 10 percent.

MONTHLY LEASE AFTER EVERTHING - $498.84
Old 09-26-12, 06:23 AM
MJA1951
Pit Crew

No dealer add-ons, no extended warranty at that price, just the car price plus doc fee, taxes, title and license plate transfer (which are all set by state law). Like I said they are not discounting much in the Midwest at least that's what I found.

I know once the car has dealer add-ons you can forget about figuring out if you got a good deal. I know they mark them way up and even if they tell you they are discounting almost all of the dealer add-ons are all dealer profit.

That's why to me if you are trading in a car or have any add-ons it's really difficult to know what kind of a deal you have. It seems to me most people that want to tell you what a great deal they got conveniently forget to state how they overpaid for an extended warranty, dealer add-ons, or had their trade in price low balled.
Old 09-26-12, 07:19 AM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by printscree
First time poster here, but these forums have been very helpful for me. I just recently leased a new black on black AWD 2013 GS 350. I love the car already and been getting so many praises on it. Just want to know what everyone thinks of the deal I got. I think it was a good one but want to hear some other opinions.

Car - GS 350 AWD
Miles- 15 K per year
Months - 27 with a 6 month extended lease program with lexus (They guaranteed I will get the extra 6)
Money Down + All fees & taxes - $3,000
Per month before special programs - $520.00
Tire/Wheel protection program - $631 total over 33 months ($19.20 per month)
Special $4,500 program (look below) - $1,332 (Decreases the monthly lease by $40.36 per month)

**Was offered a special lexus deal, where if you have good credit they offer you a chance to save money on your lease if you give them $4,500 up front now and get it back after the 33 months. You are 100 percent guaranteed to get that $4,500 back after 33 months no matter what. So over the lease by giving them the $4,500 I will save on the life of my lease, $1,332 from the interest gained. Lexus basically acts like a bank with great interest rates around 8 to 10 percent.

MONTHLY LEASE AFTER EVERTHING - $498.84
You're doing the MSD, Multiple Security Deposit, where they lower your money factor.

Why are you putting money down?
Why are you doing the tire/wheel protection program?
How much is the lease acquisition fee?
What is the money factor?
Old 09-26-12, 08:48 PM
printscree
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by faifai83
You're doing the MSD, Multiple Security Deposit, where they lower your money factor.

Why are you putting money down?
Why are you doing the tire/wheel protection program?
How much is the lease acquisition fee?
What is the money factor?
The money down was with fees, taxes, lease acquisition fee, and all that stuff included so it wasn't that much down. I did it because wanted my monthly to be under 500. The wheel program is worth it because I drive a lot all around nj and they cover your rims as well with the tire and wheel. My last car went through at least 7 tires and 2 rims. Plus if you have any slight problem with the tire like bubbles or excessive shaking, they take it in and will replace it. In jersey that's a must to me with the amount of pot holes and with driving in NYC all the time.
Old 09-27-12, 10:25 PM
capture1
Driver School Candidate

Default best so far

Okay so the best prices I'm getting after checking around the volume dealers in SoCal are around $1500 under invoice for any GS on the lot. Can I do better? Also considering the new ES300h but no way I'm going to get a similar deal as on a GS. The low end instant torque of the 300h is impressive I must admit. Wish the GS had more low end oomph!
Old 09-28-12, 06:47 PM
MJA1951
Pit Crew

What is the list price of the GS and what is the $1500 under invoice price? Also, is this a straight purchase, no trade in? Is the price of the GS the factory window sticker or is the price you are quoting include any dealer add ons?

Quick Reply: Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?