GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus GS 4th Gen Headlights Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-24, 10:48 PM
mostafa1989
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by achip5188
Dont want to dissapoint you but it may not give you an significant improvement over your CBN. If so, dont blame me, lol.
CBN didn't really make any visible improvements compared to the original Toshiba bulbs, at least from what I tested. I think the era of HIDs is over. Nowadays, LEDs are way brighter, especially those Chinese non-standard ones.
200$ For a D4S Osram which will not give even 20% more brightness to an aged Toshiba bulb is non-sense
Old 03-06-24, 07:26 PM
achip5188
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Tell us which LED's you tried in your GS that disappointed? Link?
My set of LED low beam does not dissapoint me but not really bring me a wow factor. I actually was aiming for the brightness level on par with Tesla's. Low beam alone can't reach that level. So I updated my fog to bi LED hyperboloid, something like below. And now my set up is complete.

Old 03-08-24, 09:06 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,273 Likes on 1,010 Posts

My set of LED low beam does not dissapoint me but not really bring me a wow factor. I actually was aiming for the brightness level on par with Tesla's. Low beam alone can't reach that level. So I updated my fog to bi LED hyperboloid, something like below. And now my set up is complete.
So basically you do not know or have any experience using the LED's you warned us about. Also you have never been in a GS that had them or ever even seen them at all light up.
Old 03-08-24, 09:18 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

@AJLex19 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eadlights.html Post #12 by peasodos.

I found the thread linked above after I looked under there again. So it's actually on the Lower part of that side panel, behind the Carpet on the side, buried very low and deep, behind a large 3 connection Pin panel that's white. It's right where you said, I was just looking up, and it's down instead, and behind the carpet you have to pull out. Thanks!!!
The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (03-08-24)
Old 03-08-24, 10:34 PM
achip5188
Rookie

So basically you do not know or have any experience using the LED's you warned us about. Also you have never been in a GS that had them or ever even seen them at all light up.
Sorry, I lost you here scott. Not really sure what LED you mentions. Aftermarker tribeam? or GS450h tribeam? or Amazon LED D4S? The only thing I warned OP is the GS450h tribeam is difficult to install and expensive. It is true that i have not seen how the GS450h Tribeam performs so I can't say about its performance. I am using Amazon LED D4S so i am not warning about its performance. Maybe you misread my post
Old 03-08-24, 10:55 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,135 Likes on 841 Posts

@AJLex19 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eadlights.html Post #12 by peasodos.

I found the thread linked above after I looked under there again. So it's actually on the Lower part of that side panel, behind the Carpet on the side, buried very low and deep, behind a large 3 connection Pin panel that's white. It's right where you said, I was just looking up, and it's down instead, and behind the carpet you have to pull out. Thanks!!!
That's it! I knew he must've posted it - nice find! Definitely post up some pics when you install those OEM Triple Beam LEDs...
jgscott (03-12-24)
Old 03-12-24, 07:14 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Sorry, I lost you here scott. Not really sure what LED you mentions. Aftermarker tribeam? or GS450h tribeam? or Amazon LED D4S? The only thing I warned OP is the GS450h tribeam is difficult to install and expensive. It is true that i have not seen how the GS450h Tribeam performs so I can't say about its performance. I am using Amazon LED D4S so i am not warning about its performance. Maybe you misread my post
Go back read the thread and your post. You are confusing me, and yourself. Who was talking about Fog Lights here? lol!

Here and I quote you on what you said below? I'm going to just go ahead and let you go.

POST #32 - "My set of LED low beam does not dissapoint me but not really bring me a wow factor. I actually was aiming for the brightness level on par with Tesla's. Low beam alone can't reach that level. So I updated my fog to bi LED hyperboloid, something like below. And now my set up is complete.

mostafa1989 (03-12-24)
Old 03-19-24, 03:04 AM
mostafa1989
Rookie

Dont want to dissapoint you but it may not give you an significant improvement over your CBN. If so, dont blame me, lol.
i bought it, i installed it, i got disappointed, i removed them, i bought Osram nightbreaker laser next gen, i installed it, now im happy
i will post pics later
peteharvey (03-19-24)
Old 03-19-24, 08:28 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mostafa1989
i bought it, i installed it, i got disappointed, i removed them, i bought Osram nightbreaker laser next gen, i installed it, now im happy
i will post pics later
Yes the NB's are a nice diff, especially on High Beam.
Old 03-19-24, 12:04 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 454 Likes on 299 Posts

i will post pics later
So instead of purchasing OEM Lexus HID bulbs, best I buy a HID Osram Nightbreaker; it is brighter and slightly more blue.
Meanwhile, D4S 23,000 V conversion to 12 V LED's have a lot of issues including: fitting, not causing the warning light to trigger due to the lower voltage, beam issues, and so far often not that much brighter, with long term cooling and longevity issues?

Those Osram Nightbreakers actually have two bulbs inside them for low and high beam?
Old 03-20-24, 12:52 PM
achip5188
Rookie

i will post pics later
No surprise. I knew the LED can't be significant brighter than CBI next gen. Glad that you tried and found best set for your need. Please post pics, it will be helpful for others
Old 03-20-24, 01:07 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

No surprise. I knew the LED can't be significant brighter than CBI next gen. Glad that you tried and found best set for your need. Please post pics, it will be helpful for others
It's a pity that big companies like Osram and Philips cannot make a D4S to LED bulb that fits properly while outperforming HID, yet having reasonably longevity.

Almost all the D4S fitting LED's are unknown cheap Chinese brands of dubious quality and dubious reliability/durability, and often not in stock.
Old 03-20-24, 02:29 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by peteharvey
It's a pity that big companies like Osram and Philips cannot make a D4S to LED bulb that fits properly while outperforming HID, yet having reasonably longevity.

Almost all the D4S fitting LED's are unknown cheap Chinese brands of dubious quality and dubious reliability/durability, and often not in stock.
I would wage a guess where the Phillips and Osram's are made in?
Old 03-20-24, 03:53 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

I would wage a guess where the Phillips and Osram's are made in?
Osram & Philips bulbs are manufactured in China, however I would like to see D4S to LED conversions actually solidly engineered by Osram and Philips for fitment, quality, longevity and stock.
​​​​
Old 03-21-24, 03:21 AM
mostafa1989
Rookie

Originally Posted by peteharvey
So instead of purchasing OEM Lexus HID bulbs, best I buy a HID Osram Nightbreaker; it is brighter and slightly more blue.
Meanwhile, D4S 23,000 V conversion to 12 V LED's have a lot of issues including: fitting, not causing the warning light to trigger due to the lower voltage, beam issues, and so far often not that much brighter, with long term cooling and longevity issues?

Those Osram Nightbreakers actually have two bulbs inside them for low and high beam?
Actually 4GS is Bi-Xenon, so you have only 1 bulb for low beam and when you want to have high beam a metal plate moves infront of your bulb and it will be high beam.

So you can buy "Osram \Night breaker laser Next Gen" in a pair package. 2pcs inside 1 package is enough for lowbeam and high beam

Quick Reply: Lexus GS 4th Gen Headlights Comparison