GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Any AWD GS Owners using Lowering Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-24, 04:20 AM
JahJah
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RsR lowering springs are the ones to place on your awd machine, NOT the Super Downs!

my guy! I have an awd 2014 and my **** rides excellent with shoes!
Old 05-10-24, 07:42 AM
goose300
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandSedanFan
My rears usually go before my fronts, but the fronts still end up cooked within 9 months of install. Our rear rotors are fairly small at 12" and feature non-directional vanes. I was hoping to find a better rear rotor to pair with my Project Mu B-Specs, but had no luck.

My new pads and fresh OEM rotors are being installed as we speak. I'll report back once I've bedded them in and put some miles on them.
Hmm, I never considered the rears to be the ones getting cooked, always assumed it was the front since that does the majority of the braking. My rears only have about 20k KMs on them, hopefully they're not warped up by now

Originally Posted by jgscott
These brakes suck compared to others like Greman and others matched cars. I have the same experience with the fronts, have used 3 diffrent Rotor/Pad coombo's and the front Rotors always prematurly Warp and get cooked. I have a new project that I have a set of Stop Tech drilled Rotors, with Akebons Perfromance pads. I took the new Rotors and had them Cyro Treated. Going to see what diffrence that makes, after I install them.

In the long run the better cost option would have been to just find the GS F set and spent the money on them instead. If the Cyro's are not much better I am headed the GS F set next. Should have just done that 2 brake sets ago. Actually would have been less money. lol!
Totally agree with this, not sure how Lexus designed such a fantastic car, even put big 4 pot calipers up front then gave us these tiny rotors all around. I recently test drove a few G30 540s, and let me tell you the base brakes on those cars are massive (especially the rears) and the M-Sport brakes are gigantic. No shot you'd ever overheat those brakes, but for what it's worth the brake feel on those Bimmers was not great. Feels way too soft.

I took a look into the Cryo treated rotors, but getting some up North is somehow a very costly affair. Couple hundred bucks PER rotor from Stoptech. But in any case, I did read online through many different sources that rotors these days don't really warp anymore, but rather the pad material (especially ceramic pads) get cooked with heat easily and lay down those brake deposits causing the ridges on the rotors. Something like 2 thous of deposits on the rotor (I assume in the case of a non-uniform ridge-like deposit) is enough to start feeling noticeable judder
The following users liked this post:
GrandSedanFan (05-10-24)
Old 05-13-24, 04:01 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

FWIW-- These brakes with stop tech stainless lines have serious bite and my rotors are in great shape still even after 30k
Old 05-13-24, 04:02 AM
Asav
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JahJah
RsR lowering springs are the ones to place on your awd machine, NOT the Super Downs!

my guy! I have an awd 2014 and my **** rides excellent with shoes!
RSR down to me is a comfy ride. It's a firm road feel but still comfortable. Hopefully I won't continue to eat through struts; otherwise, I'm going coilovers.