GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: Considering importing a US salvage GS350 without ability to inspect. Should I do it?
Yes! Great idea, likely won’t have any issues and will be a cost effective approach
18.75%
No! Do not think it’s a good idea. Likely to end in tragedy and a lot of wasted money & time
81.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

(Merged threads) Importing an auction GS350 to Bulgaria & related questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-23, 11:58 PM
bladest
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default (Merged threads) Importing an auction GS350 to Bulgaria & related questions

Hi i am wondering are gs350 bullet proof and more reliable compared to gs450h if i get in the near future gs350 , what issues i can expect i use to own gs450h are issues simular like shocks, and brakes like vdim brake actuator or there are more to fail?
Old 06-12-23, 01:17 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts

You used to have a 4GS350 AWD. Correct?

You literally complained about fuel costs and lack of LPG options. Correct?

Why exactly are you insisting on getting another one of these cars?
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (06-16-23)
Old 06-12-23, 01:23 AM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
You used to have a 4GS350 AWD. Correct?

You literally complained about fuel costs and lack of LPG options. Correct?

Why exactly are you insisting on getting another one of these cars?
Yes but i will not daily drive the car.
and i dont have many options available friend,
i really like Last gen LS, very expensive car,
previous ls from year 2007 and up ls 460 tons of issues...

ls 430 they are with insane prices same as GS 350
and they are 20 years old car which starts fall a part i have test driven several ls 430
and they was for the scrap yard so many issues... nothing works and neglected and for 20k $? i will better buy GS 350 i dont care if its rwd or awd i use to own gs 350 for short period of time , i got no clue about what isssues i can expect.

Again GS 4TH gen is fantastic car.
only LS 5th gen can beat it.

Let me explain gs 430 rare cars very expensive to find if you install lpg it will cost you 2500 euro more.
comfort is less compared to gs 4th gen less comfortable seats etcs... i know you dont care...
Ls 430 good car but for 20k $ again i will not touch them 20 years old falling a part most things.

Currently with my classical car in long journeys i am feeling line canned Fish....
Fuel bills will be astronomical from gs 350 yes but i will again drive it long journeys ONLY.

GS have 18 way driver seat
which is one of the most comfortable seats i have ever been ADAPTIVE suspention big brakes everything i need.
very reliable.
I have look into LEXUS ES and i dont like it.
Old 06-12-23, 04:12 AM
Charlie777
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh boy…..here we go again….
The following 6 users liked this post by Charlie777:
14GS350 (06-17-23), greys0uled (08-17-23), Im2bz2p345 (06-16-23), Lwerewolf (06-12-23), MX73 (06-13-23), NJLEXES (06-12-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-12-23, 04:36 AM
zheka130
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I like the "canned fish" analogy
Logically speaking, if you add an electrical system on top of an internal combustion, I presume at some point in time you should expect more problems.
Perhaps Toyota makes very good hybrid systems. That has to be researched though. You might get 250-300K kms trouble free driving.
Old 06-12-23, 10:26 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

TL : DR the GS350 RWD is the stoutest and most common of them all (at least in the US / Japan / wherever it's sold). This goes for both the 3rd and the 4th gen. The reasons are very obvious if you bother to look up the topic a bit - which you obviously, as usual, haven't.

Fuel "bills" for long, steady state cruise trips won't be anywhere near astronomical - unless you consider MPG between 23 and 33 (I'd say 28++ if driven sanely) to be astronomical.

Anyways. Given your previous "experience" with such vehicles (how long it took you to fix basic things, how you're worrying about everything without even trying to look things up - despite the WEALTH of information on this board alone) - you're way over your head. Then again, we know that already and don't expect this to end any differently.

How about this - you tell us why the GS350 is generally the most problem free of those generations. Preferably written in a straightforward manner.

Originally Posted by Charlie777
Oh boy…..here we go again….
This about sums it up.
mjo13 (06-12-23)
Old 06-12-23, 12:33 PM
bladest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
TL : DR the GS350 RWD is the stoutest and most common of them all (at least in the US / Japan / wherever it's sold). This goes for both the 3rd and the 4th gen. The reasons are very obvious if you bother to look up the topic a bit - which you obviously, as usual, haven't.

Fuel "bills" for long, steady state cruise trips won't be anywhere near astronomical - unless you consider MPG between 23 and 33 (I'd say 28++ if driven sanely) to be astronomical.

Anyways. Given your previous "experience" with such vehicles (how long it took you to fix basic things, how you're worrying about everything without even trying to look things up - despite the WEALTH of information on this board alone) - you're way over your head. Then again, we know that already and don't expect this to end any differently.

How about this - you tell us why the GS350 is generally the most problem free of those generations. Preferably written in a straightforward manner.

This about sums it up.
Ok today i have test driven Nissan leaf,
before couple of days Hyindai Kona,
specially from the leaf worst car i have ever been, terrible i am 2 meter person and its tiny space inside... its even worst than my classical japanese car....
After doing some long time research i came to to the conclusion and after test drives in several cars, i have came to the conclusion that best cars for me are LS and GS.

LS 430 is very old hard to find and most of them are not in good shape , if they are in good shape price is same as GS. gs is newer and i like it better .

You dont remember, but one of the reasons to sale my rusty bucket was Rust, i also came to the con****ion that GS 350- its not a daily driver, when i had the car i was thinking this car will be my daily driver....
no its not possible due to the extremely high fuel bills, for a daily driver i will still remain with lpg and my classical car.

For long Journeys which are 200-300miles or more, i dont want to feel like canned tuna fish so i preffer something more comfortable, i understand there is a price to pay for this in terms of extra maintenance fuel bills etcs... in my gs i always felt amazing very comfortable seats mine was 18 way adjustble...
i cannot afford ls500, so i will either try to find not ruined ls430 at decent price or get GS350 i dont care if its rwd or awd whatever i find i also dont care about options the only option i need is at least 16 way driver seat adjustment... and i dont plan to retrofit seats in my classical cars...
I ordered parts right away but my village mechanic was very busy he have experience now with changing the avs suspention so i am in good hands.
GS430 is simular to ls 430 but less seat adjustment and again price wise very rare car...
i preffer to add some more money and to buy something newer.

And we are talking about very near future of course as soon as i get a job or deal.
I personally dont have 5 or 10 years of experience with GS350
i owned the car for short period of time, about a year...
Not many options was inside and city driving it needs a lot of fuel...
but my future gs350 will be driven highway and outside city only, in order to safe this bills..

When selling gs350 and gs450h specially i lost a lot more than small fortune.

there are good cars like VW phaeton,s class, bmw 5-7,Jaguar, other brands and models i like...
audi a8 and others like acura rlx hybrid either outside my budget or i need to have subscription to road side assistance + my village repair man on stand by...
24/7
i want to avoid that i have used several times road side assistance with my gs they charge me like 50$ per 4miles...
its very expensive...
thats the last charge i have from them...
i try to avoid as much repairs and road side assistance as possible

GS is great reliable car, and i quite like it the cabin seats comfort,
and it if cost same money as LS430 i will definetely buy it,
i am planning to buy gs350 from salvage yard, that way i will pay fair amount of money.

I know a lot of you will laugh on me, but the most important thing is not to have rust which states in usa doesnt have rust ?
IS Texas a good state for rust free gs or its a bad choise?

The best choise for my self is cheap GS 4th gen petrol or ls 430 with either i will be happy as long as they work 100% and have 000 rust.
i also test driven is/es and other lexuses i dont like them at all, and suv type of cars i really dont like as well.

Last edited by bladest; 06-12-23 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-12-23, 04:45 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Dearest Bladest, without being rude, you can't afford any of the cars you have mentioned in any of your posts. Buy a used Camry and be done with it. Purchasing failing luxury cars within your budget is only a good idea if you both 1) have a sympathetic mechanic on standby and 2) have lots of money to pay him.

We all like champagne on a beer budget but you have to be realistic.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cwang:
Im2bz2p345 (06-16-23), Lwerewolf (06-13-23)
Old 06-12-23, 11:28 PM
pd7702
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
Dearest Bladest, without being rude, you can't afford any of the cars you have mentioned in any of your posts. Buy a used Camry and be done with it. Purchasing failing luxury cars within your budget is only a good idea if you both 1) have a sympathetic mechanic on standby and 2) have lots of money to pay him.

Man likes to gamble. Godspeed!
Old 06-13-23, 02:52 AM
bladest
Instructor

Dear Cwang,
i use to have well paid jobs previously long time ago, i am pretty confident that in the near future i will find job since i apply everyday.
From all of the eco boxes i have driven and cars i really like the lexus the most.
Gs and Ls, i will never buy Camry ,Corolla or other cars which are not comfortable and not good for me.
I still have my village mechanic which charge me same price as dealership and i am fine with that.

I think its a great idea to get a car from scrap yard.
Action sites like copart for example i dont think it will be worse than my Rusty bucket.
if its worst i will at least not pay so much.
Old 06-13-23, 02:59 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by bladest
I think its a great idea to get a car from scrap yard.
Action sites like copart for example i dont think it will be worse than my Rusty bucket.
if its worst i will at least not pay so much.
That is an amazing sentence. I respect a man bold enough to minister one's own demise. Power on!
You kinda remind me of Hoovie, just without the YouTube revenue. (Hopefully you have better choice in life partners)
The following 4 users liked this post by Cwang:
bloodbean (06-16-23), Im2bz2p345 (06-16-23), Lwerewolf (06-13-23), NJLEXES (06-13-23)
Old 06-13-23, 03:01 AM
bladest
Instructor

That is an amazing sentence. I respect a man bold enough to minister one's own demise. Power on!
You kinda remind me of Hoovie, just without the YouTube revenue.
I dont have youtube channel or any revenue currently,
i think in salvage actions you pay and you receive for what you pay , everything is priced fair.

My last car purchase have been not good at all...
and i sold everything at huge loose, is texas a good state do you have a lot of rusty LEXUS GS there 4th gen ?
As soon as i find a job and buy a car i will post pictures so everyone will be part of the fun.
Old 06-13-23, 04:44 AM
Charlie777
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Bladest…..ohhhh Bladest. So you, as well as everyone on this forum know about the issues with your previous car. And now you want to buy another one that has been salvaged. Do you think that’s the best choice to get a car that will not have any issues? I know you have a village mechanic, although it seems like, perhaps that is not something he should be pursuing, but with no revenue as you said coming in I can’t advise enough that buying a car, any car without the money to fix it or inclination from a salvage yard will result in a worse outcome than your previous car. And I didn’t even think that was possible.
Old 06-13-23, 05:43 AM
dkraines
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If I bought one, I would take it to a local Lexus dealer to have it checked out, and get a full service on it.
Old 06-13-23, 06:36 AM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Fun fact: The Camry / ES generally ride better than the GS.

Fun fact: You can't do absolutely elementary things and it appears that your mechanic doesn't really want to bother with your sh----- I mean, endeavors, yet you insist in getting a salvaged car to rebuild.

Fun fact: Blowing all your money on a salvage car when you have no income and ESPECIALLY given the current car market (seller's) and the volatility of the economy right now requires a very deliberate effort to screw yourself over.

Fun fact: All sorts of people over here (and elsewhere) are trying all sorts of methods (sarcasm, courtesy, sometimes brutal honesty, whatever) to make you think a little. You don't have the money, you don't have the income, you don't have the skills, you don't have the will to learn or to do or whatever, you don't appear to have a mechanic to tackle it, you basically have nothing but the desire to own a luxury vehicle. All this generally leads to poverty, anxiety, sorrow and an immovable asset with a luxury badge on it (if it hasn't disappeared).
Im2bz2p345 (06-16-23)

Quick Reply: (Merged threads) Importing an auction GS350 to Bulgaria & related questions