GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Looks like we are getting another recall...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-18, 03:04 PM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
How long does the repair typically take to complete?
Lexus told me about a full day due to the fact that they have to bring it in and let the engine cool before beginning work.
Old 08-31-18, 01:41 AM
AlDavison
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrmnws6
How long does the repair typically take to complete?
It will take one day.
Old 08-31-18, 07:28 AM
EastTnG8r
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93SCMax
If I were in your shoes, I'd call the Toyota dealer, give them the recall number, and see if they can perform the work. Toyota dealers work on Lexus vehicles all the time. I've had them quote me transmission and brake flushes. The Avalon of that period used a similar engine (but front wheel drive), so it's not like their techs aren't familiar with the engine.

It can't hurt and would save you a few hours driving time.
Has to be a Lexus dealer on the recalls
Old 08-31-18, 07:31 AM
AlDavison
Driver

Originally Posted by tghw
Just out of curiosity, how much did they charge you to fix it without the recall? At least we will then know how much Lexus is stepping up to accommodate their customers.
It was $991.26 for one rail. There are two rails, but only one was leaking.
Old 08-31-18, 07:40 AM
EastTnG8r
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Broncosi

Just got off the phone with Lexus. As others have said, they need to order the part but same as last time, they will bring a loaner to me and pick mine up for the repair at no cost. Which is great since they are the closest Lexus dealership and still about a 2.5 hour drive.
Man, I can't believe the deal you got on that for a second time. Are you a VIP customer or something? Such a sweet deal. My dealer told me they can get me a loaner but the earliest would be Tuesday evening because they have no loaners. Um, today is Friday. WTF. Then they said well if you can bring the car in, we will give you a loaner today(Wait I thought you had no loaners). So, they were studdering around because they don't want to bring a car to me and take mine back with them. Then they said well call Lexus corporate and tell them you are worried about driving the car and they will tow it to us. Okay, but then I have no car and they can't tell me when they will actually fix my car. They are disorganized and all over the place.
Old 08-31-18, 08:58 PM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Can we request for specific loaners cars? I'm tired of getting the ES everytime. I wouldn't having a 4GS for the day just to test it out.
Old 09-01-18, 02:21 AM
AlDavison
Driver

Originally Posted by energie8
Can we request for specific loaners cars? I'm tired of getting the ES everytime. I wouldn't having a 4GS for the day just to test it out.
I requested the rx because of it's size and they gave it to me.
Old 09-02-18, 10:33 AM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EastTnG8r
Man, I can't believe the deal you got on that for a second time. Are you a VIP customer or something? Such a sweet deal.
Maybe it is just this dealership. I've always had amazing experiences working with them on anything with my car. It's the Johnson Lexus in Raleigh, NC if anyone is near there and is included in this recall. They have 556 reviews and a 4.7 rating on Google which I feel is pretty unbeatable these days. Not a VIP but it did sound like it was absolute policy to not let customers drive a safety recall to them if it's more than 20-30 miles away and they are the closest dealership

Originally Posted by energie8
Can we request for specific loaners cars? I'm tired of getting the ES every time. I wouldn't having a 4GS for the day just to test it out.
I almost got them to give me a RC f-type. The lady offered it as an option when I asked and then said she'd try to get that one for me. I don't know how close I actually was to getting it since a guy called back and said "No way Jose. Those start at $60+k you know?". And yeah, I knew, but thought I'd try. He negotiated with me for a IS 250 f-type which was plenty exciting for me. He also gave me the schedules and we talked about what made sense for the repair timing and tweaked it a little so I had the loaner over a long holiday weekend (Thursday - Tuesday) which was pretty cool. It's like they get it, that we like to drive fun cars.
Old 09-02-18, 03:08 PM
gs350fan
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

New Country Lexus said no way you are getting a loaner. They gave me an appt in a few days. They didn't think it was a serious safety issue. Technically, if you do make a big stink about it Lexus will do it. You could have been driving one for two months.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...8V432-5159.pdf

Interim Phase Loaner Vehicle Reimbursement Procedure For customers who are uncomfortable driving their vehicle while Lexus prepares the remedy, alternative transportation can be claimed to a maximum of $45 per day. Lexus is currently preparing the rental vehicle op codes. The Dealer Letter will be updated when these op codes are available, please hold claim filing until that time.
Old 09-04-18, 06:08 AM
EastTnG8r
Driver School Candidate

I went and had this done on Saturday. After refusing to get me a loaner until Tuesday, and refusing to come pick the car up(They said if the car isn't safe for you to drive it's not safe for any Lexus employee to drive either), they said if I could bring the car in Saturday they would get me in. Total repair time was about 2 hours(They told me an hour, maybe an hour and 30 min so pretty close to promised). They washed the car, it looks good. The "inspection" they did was more like a 12 point inspection, it was a joke. They gave me a RX 350 to drive while they were working on the car. No pricing was shown on invoice so not sure what the total cost would've been outside of this recall. Car seems to run better but it could just be my imagination, because it also felt like it rides better and more quiet, too.
Old 09-05-18, 01:39 PM
scrmnws6
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I called Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX after seeing that some of you were getting letters as I recently moved and they most likely do not have my current address.

They placed me on hold for 5 minutes and told me they would call me when the parts to do the recall are in stock and for me to bring the vehicle in at that time. Should be this week or early next week.
Old 09-06-18, 10:24 AM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I took mine in for an oil change/tire rotation and they told me that they were going to give me a loaner so that they could complete the recall while the car was there. Got a full tank of gas when I picked my car up.
Old 09-06-18, 07:28 PM
EastTnG8r
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gotcha350
I took mine in for an oil change/tire rotation and they told me that they were going to give me a loaner so that they could complete the recall while the car was there. Got a full tank of gas when I picked my car up.
They filled your car up just for the heck of it?
Old 09-07-18, 08:39 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Have a 2011 GS350 affected by this recall. Just called my preferred dealership and they said the fix would take roughly 2hrs to complete. They can get the part by tomorrow and get the fix done by Monday, 9/10.

However, I'll be heading over there on Mon 9/24 to get this recall done and i'll post an update about the experience (Lexus of Bridgewater, NJ).
Old 09-07-18, 11:38 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

question, i called and ask if i should leave my gas tank almost empty and if they have to drain it, the phone rep wasn't sure but she was aware of the previous recall also with the fuel so she ask me to leave it almost empty and see how it goes.

she said they need to order part and will call me again when they have it in stock, I asked for Loaner and will report back if they are willing to give me one

i also asked if we could replace my car (GS450h) fuel filter since it was never replace and just might as well for the heck of it

i was put on hold for 5mins and she return saying our car does not have fuel filter?!?!

lmao, gonna ask my SA when i go in

Quick Reply: Looks like we are getting another recall...