GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Buttons surrounding navigation display not working (but touch screen works)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-18, 01:26 PM
ArabKnight
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buttons surrounding navigation display not working (but touch screen works)

Hi! I have a 2007 GS 350 that has an issue with the buttons surrounding the navigation display. The display and touch screen work fine, but the buttons do not (ex. Map, Audio, etc.). No button on the panel above the hazard lights work.

I was wondering if I could have some input and/or past experiences from you guys. I know this is a weird case because the screen works fine.
Old 04-04-18, 02:17 PM
ATLien76
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to let the system reset itself?
Old 04-15-18, 04:53 PM
ArabKnight
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ATLien76
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to let the system reset itself?
I have. I tried to disconnect for a few minutes, and then I even tried leaving it disconnected overnight.
Old 04-17-18, 05:17 PM
Homegrown
Driver School Candidate

I just had this happen to me after I changed the battery in my 07 GS350. I and a local shop checked every fuse and searched the internet but, came up empty. I finally gave up and took it to the dealer and they checked fuses and then pulled the unit and said the Nav unit was faulty but, that Lexus had discontinued the part.... He said it would have been over 1400 to replace it if I wanted it they might be able to find it in brown. I passed and pulled the trigger on one of the Tesla style units. I’m going to pick up a factory replacement off of eBay as a back up. I have a2007 GS350 80k miles and has ML and the changer ect.. everything works except the buttons on both sides of the Nav, the clock, and the AC buttons under the screen. I also tried a new battery, and disconnecting reconnecting many times.

Not sure it helps but, good luck.. Everything pointed to a fuse issue to me but, it wasn’t the case for me.

Last edited by Homegrown; 04-17-18 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added battery
Old 05-23-18, 11:45 AM
ArabKnight
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your reply, I took it to a mechanic and he said with a few other things that are wrong with the car it would just be too expensive to fix. Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I didn't really know this was a thing until now haha
Old 03-27-19, 02:32 PM
is250fspor
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I have no new update, I myself have not even replaced the unit either. My latest update to this problem now, is that my screen displays nothing at all, how ever what I have noticed when I turn on my car and I look at the usb inputs I see that they turn on and off plenty of times, and end up just staying off. So now I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the unit itself or if its a power shortage or something. It's annoying and knowing the amount of money it would take to replace it, makes me want to just try and trade it in with out giving a heads up about the radio.
Old 03-27-19, 02:38 PM
MX73
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 224 Posts

The screen is probably bad. You could order a screen replacement from ebay. I'm not sure how easy it is to replace. You could also replace the HU with an android radio unit.
Old 03-27-19, 03:32 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 751 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by ArabKnight
Thank you for your reply, I took it to a mechanic and he said with a few other things that are wrong with the car it would just be too expensive to fix. Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I didn't really know this was a thing until now haha
Send it out to get it repair, it shouldnt cost much and more likely something stupid failed inside. But before you send the unit off for repair, tear it apart yourself and see if your able to catch something. Could be a popped fuse in the back, it could be the connector is not making good contact. Removing it and simply cleaning out terminals you may get lucky. Worst case send it off for repairs!

I just looked on google

https://hitechautomodule.com/
http://www.electronicrepairs.com.au/...exus-is250-tft

https://factoryradioservice.com/lexu...nvvtmv8j16bla0
Old 07-09-20, 08:02 AM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Bumping this thread as I’m suddenly experiencing the same problems as the OP

Screen works but the buttons surrounding the screen (climate control settings, navigation, digital clock) are all dead. Not responding at all! I have tried troubleshooting with the same steps as those before me with no remedy. Hoping someone who had better luck can chime in.