GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-18, 07:39 PM
MikeMoLexo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Here.

Hello, I am pretty new to the whole forum thing but. I wanted to introduce myself and look for some advice and tips and learn even more about my Lexus than I currently know.

About Me (boring part)

I'm From Ontario Canada. currently in my first year of college for business, I've worked at one of the Toyota Lexus plants. and that is where I found my love for Lexus.

My Vehicle history with Lexus (the better part)

Originally I wanted to purchase a Mercedes Benz `Please don't hold it against me' I worked two jobs pretty much all through high school, and in the summers saving up for a entry level Benz. and after a short summer job at the Toyota Lexus plant I totality fell in love. I ended up purchasing a 2001 Lexus ES300 which was a awesome first car. unfortunately recently I was in a serious car accident where my ES was total'd. With the last of my Mercedes money I was determined to Purchase another Lexus since the Idea of driving something else wasn't appealing to me. I sought out to find a new model to purchase After a lot of research and budgeting between IS and GS and another ES I went with my current car a Lexus GS 430, V8 RWD!

The Point of this (last part)

I want to learn more about my car and the Lexus brand I have plans to join a Lexus Toyota car club attend some meets, and see what other people have done to their beloved Lexus and Toyota Vehicles. I thought I would make a post on here introducing myself since I'll likely be snooping around reading If anyone wants to comment some Advice for a first time GS owner, Things to look out for whatever! I would appreciate the feedback!
  • Also I have two problems I'm working on fixing the Rubber for one of my sway bars is worn so its rattling.
  • and my passenger side headlight goes out while driving sometimes.. but if i turn my lights on and off it will come back on for 5 - 10 minutes.
But I plan to fix both of those things in the next week.

Thanks for reading
-Michael
Old 01-30-18, 11:01 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Great initial post Michael, welcome to Club Lexus. I have to post, you've taught me something already, as I'd never heard of the GS 430 prior to reading your post - so thanks.

As a former Toyota Lexus plant worker, I'm sure you could impart a ton of knowledge, so looking forward to it. Be sure to check out other sub-forums on the site (although it sounds like you've already been exploring around).

Tons of great, informative content on the site, as well as supportive members - so enjoy the site and the car.
That i believe, is partially because they only made a few hundred or a few thousand in the years they were made (in the US anyway), i believe its the same with the gs460 too.

OP, a good thread to start off is here if you'd like to get to know your car a lot better:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tart-here.html
Old 02-01-18, 10:58 PM
nobelnabil
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome mike, I live in Ottawa - Canada, so if you need some advice on where to get cheap parts let me know (I think you have your resources already). for the headlight issue, it is very common problem and most probably it is either the bulb or ballast. the easiest way to confirm i to swap the bulbs around and if the problem becomes on the driver's side then its the bulb, else it is mostly the ballast
Old 02-02-18, 08:10 AM
cdtrix
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Toronto myself.

The headlight thing... well.. My left one was blinking out and then the right one totally died.

I just bought new bulbs and ballasts and will brave the cold this weekend to remove my bumper and replace the ballasts.