GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-17, 05:54 PM
Luxirios
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel alignment

Hello, Luxus GS 300 owners, anyone can help me with this Wheel alignment diagram ? translation vorher = before and nacher = after
i was told it is old car and it is common thing such alignment. i have bought car 3 weeks ago and they told it has never any accident but now i am suspicious. i dont have knowledge about wheel alignment so need some useful info. thanks beforehand.

Old 09-01-17, 05:04 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Hard to read without translation, but from what I can tell from the picture that the chamber is way way off. I dont think its due to an accident! Is the car lowered at all? Theres way too much negative chamber, Or you have some bad suspension bushings/ball joint/tie rods etc.

I would have a take it to a good alignment shop, perferably with latest hunter alignment rack. Have them inspect the whole suspension, with pry bars woggle parts and look for slop.

If you keep it at this setup you will destroy tires
Old 09-01-17, 09:34 PM
Luxirios
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Hard to read without translation, but from what I can tell from the picture that the chamber is way way off. I dont think its due to an accident! Is the car lowered at all? Theres way too much negative chamber, Or you have some bad suspension bushings/ball joint/tie rods etc.

I would have a take it to a good alignment shop, perferably with latest hunter alignment rack. Have them inspect the whole suspension, with pry bars woggle parts and look for slop.

If you keep it at this setup you will destroy tires
Thanks for reply, i searched for latest hunter alignment rack and actually the auto service used the one i see on google images also it costs was 65 euro. i dont know at all if it was lowered, i will try to search another service to check all components. should i visit lexus's service and how much can it cost?
Old 09-02-17, 05:51 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Take it to toyota dealership maybe there prices are better. But ask for them to inspect the suspension bushings in the front and back. Make sure the tech grabs a pry bar wiggles the suspension parts and look for obvious movement. It doesnt take much time! You dont need to pay for an alignment just ask them to inspect the bushings, that way if you do find a bad part you can fix it and then realign the car so you dont pay for an alignment.
Old 09-02-17, 08:31 AM
Luxirios
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Take it to toyota dealership maybe there prices are better. But ask for them to inspect the suspension bushings in the front and back. Make sure the tech grabs a pry bar wiggles the suspension parts and look for obvious movement. It doesnt take much time! You dont need to pay for an alignment just ask them to inspect the bushings, that way if you do find a bad part you can fix it and then realign the car so you dont pay for an alignment.
ok, thanks, i ll try to get in toyota lexus dealership they are together in my city and after share results. have a nice weekend.