GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

VSC code?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-17, 01:43 PM
kosmo101
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VSC code?

Looking to buy a 06 gs300 awd. Guy tells me the VSC light is on and tc? light too? Says this tc light is some sort of trans flush needed. Is this the case? Says it checks when the fluid is topped off

But the VSC code.. what could that be. he said something about front strut replacement and not using lexus parts? Would this code cause a fail during a state car inspection? What exactly is the code for and how to fix?

thanks!
GP
Old 01-27-17, 03:37 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The VSC and TC lights will not be ON simply because the front struts were replaced. Most likely some electrical component is damaged or malfunctioning. Do not buy without thorough inspection by qualified mechanic. Based on the statements made by the seller (in your post), I would reconsider buying this car.
Old 01-28-17, 06:44 AM
kosmo101
Rookie

Shouldnt he be able to hook a scanner up and get the P codes to find out whats wrong? Keeps saying tire sensor and trans flush. No idea... its a hell of a deal but not without knowing more info.

thanks
Old 01-28-17, 11:53 AM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo101
Shouldnt he be able to hook a scanner up and get the P codes to find out whats wrong? Keeps saying tire sensor and trans flush. No idea... its a hell of a deal but not without knowing more info.

thanks
Tire pressure sensor will not set off the VSC fault lights. If the person who was replacing the front suspension components damaged the wheel speed sensor(s) (measures the rotational speed), then the VSC malfunction light will be lit. As I suggested previously, inspect the car thoroughly. You will not get a good idea about the overall condition of the car just by connecting a generic OBD scanner. First inspect the body of the car, if it has any signs of previous repair (dents, repaint, color consistency), ideally you would use the paint thickness gauge as it could help to identify if any body repairs were performed. Then inspect all electrical systems and mechanical systems.

If it is a "hell of a deal", I would suspect that the car might have many more issues than just VSC codes - previous accidents, improper maintenance, etc. Qualified mechanics don't just damage VSC sensors during routine suspension repair.
Old 01-28-17, 12:37 PM
ServerTech
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Tell us about the car and the deal. How many miles. What did the CarFax say when you ran it. Is it at a dealer with a warranty? Was the carbon recall for '06 GS300 motor performed?
That whole trans flush thing is complete BS. Lexus dealer will see transmission code and tell you it needs a $5000 transmission job. Use the search here.
I would run away from this one.
Old 01-29-17, 07:40 AM
kosmo101
Rookie

i passed on it. just from reading the replies here and my gut. Lexus is expensive and i just didnt like the way things were stated. in looking at others right up front they were like no lights, no codes, etc. So with this one it was like explaining the info i needed and just got a vibe like either he was not too well versed in this or being dishonest. Cant take the chance of a huge repair. Nothing with lexus is cheap lol. Thanks again for the help.

GP