GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New 2006 GS 300 Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 02:13 PM
lexman52
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Believe it or not but Lowes has quite a assortment of automobile clips.
The following users liked this post:
LUX2006 (12-19-16)
Old 12-19-16, 09:02 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I hope this work

Originally Posted by Sodium
Could you take the picture again but with better lighting and/or closer the the piece you're referring to? It's kinda hard for me to make out the details in the picture

I've always has good experiences with lexuspartsnow.com, though I've also always wondered about the lack of exploded views when most other parts websites have them – though they're probably also not necessary for this same reason!
extreme close up with light assembly turned up
another angle shot
A close up of the glue/cement failure spots.
Here are some more pix I took during my lunch hour hope this was enough like it was very sunny today out in socal. Also had a chance to test out Lexol products on my seats.
Old 12-20-16, 03:47 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by LUX2006
Here are some more pix I took during my lunch hour hope this was enough like it was very sunny today out in socal. Also had a chance to test out Lexol products on my seats.
Thanks, those pics clarify things! It looks like someone was trying to get access to the air filter, but they didn't realize that they were pulling on the wrong panel

As long as the LED works, I would just glue it all back in place with krazy glue.

Here are a couple pics of my glove box for reference
LUX2006 (12-20-16)
Old 06-09-17, 09:09 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Anyone parting out or have spare oem parts for 3rd gen 08-11 Lexus GS series? Also maybe some stock Japan parts? Looking to do a lot of stock custom oem parts mods from newer models. However at lower cost if possible.
Parts of interest include the oem signal mirrors(with harness), a good clean rear view mirror, illuminated door sill guards, ML system components, nav head unit, factory vais ecu with wiring harness and factory aux/usb connector, 06-07 Japan mud guards, rear window spoiler, clean box(door side pockets), center tray, non smoker pocket, fender side markers(smoke). Please let me know with prices. I'm located In Pico Rivera, CA which is considered San Gabriel valley or very close to. Thanks Much.
Old 06-10-17, 01:26 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

You should check the 3GS classifieds forum, parts for sale can only be posted there: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3ge...eds-06-12-196/

Also check out car-part.com
LUX2006 (06-19-17)
Old 06-19-17, 03:47 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Default Front head light removal/ bulb(s) change

Anyone with a 3GS replace any of the Non-headlight bulbs inside the front headlights? At the moment factory manual not in the budget. And just found out that the passenger side side-marker bulb is burnt out. Just from observation looks like I might have to remove the front bumper and/or the front inner fender cover just to gain access. I just don't wish to destroy or break anything. The little pins that hold the inner fender cover to the outer fender also need to be replaced. They are hanging out.

Just a note correct me if I'm using the wrong terms still learning my car. Just found out the other day that I have heated mirrors. Who knew thats what that icon is on the same button next the the rear defroster never gave much attention to it. Just like day one like an idiot I pushed my side mirror in not knowing the mirrors were motorized. Lexus makes some great machines.
Old 06-20-17, 02:38 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

You can get all the factory documents (repair manuals, service bulletins, etc) for the car at techinfo.toyota.com. Set up an account and pay $15 for two day access, and you can print or save PDFs of all the documentation for any Lexus or Toyota going back to 1987

And damn right, Lexus does make some great machines!
LUX2006 (06-20-17)
Old 06-20-17, 03:35 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks but...

You can get all the factory documents (repair manuals, service bulletins, etc) for the car at techinfo.toyota.com. Set up an account and pay $15 for two day access, and you can print or save PDFs of all the documentation for any Lexus or Toyota going back to 1987

And damn right, Lexus does make some great machines!
Yeah somehow in the past when I first got my gs300 I found the site you mentioned. Unfortunately it only works with windows based computers. I have a Mac currently. However Ill check again and see if they since updated. definitely a better price for everything on the car versus the physical copy.
Old 06-20-17, 07:29 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

It works fine on my Retina display MacBook Pro
Old 06-21-17, 08:33 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

It works fine on my Retina display MacBook Pro
The downloading part didn't have any issues? If you were about to download to your Mac Im buying on Fridays payday. Then Im gonna study my car so I can do all. thanks again Sodium
Old 06-22-17, 01:33 AM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LUX2006
The downloading part didn't have any issues? If you were about to download to your Mac Im buying on Fridays payday. Then Im gonna study my car so I can do all. thanks again Sodium
You can't directly download the PDF from the repair manual document. In the top-right of the repair manual document is a printer icon (figure 1). Click it, and the printer window will open – in the bottom-left of this window is a dropdown menu where you can select "View PDF in Preview" or something to that effect. When it opens in Preview, save it as you would any other PDF document.

Keep in mind that you can't download the entire repair manual in one go using this method, only the document you're currently viewing, so just save all the ones you think you'll need in the next few months (covering things like brakes, shocks, diff fluid, tranny fluid, general torque spec lists, etc). Also, I did this using safari, so I can't guarantee it'll work with another browser

Figure 1. The printer icon will be between the gold star and the blue star on the piece of paper
The following 2 users liked this post by Sodium:
LUX2006 (06-22-17), sha4000 (06-28-17)
Old 06-25-17, 12:10 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

You can't directly download the PDF from the repair manual document. In the top-right of the repair manual document is a printer icon (figure 1). Click it, and the printer window will open – in the bottom-left of this window is a dropdown menu where you can select "View PDF in Preview" or something to that effect. When it opens in Preview, save it as you would any other PDF document.

Keep in mind that you can't download the entire repair manual in one go using this method, only the document you're currently viewing, so just save all the ones you think you'll need in the next few months (covering things like brakes, shocks, diff fluid, tranny fluid, general torque spec lists, etc). Also, I did this using safari, so I can't guarantee it'll work with another browser

Figure 1. The printer icon will be between the gold star and the blue star on the piece of paper
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. was able to use and explore the tis for various years of the gs. Had to download chrome to work but hey I think I like chrome much better. While I wish I could get all the info from the site and save. I got an abundance of info saved for what I was looking for and what I might need later on. but hey for just $15 thats a lot more affordable (at the moment) the $500+ for the full set of factory shop manuals. I really like the wiring interaction tis has. Im an electrician by trade so reading these diagrams is second nature. Just wish there was a pictorial wire harness chart. it does have the location imagines just not a full fledged "line diagram" which shows where everything is and how its positioned. The program sorta has it just not very clear. Wanted to attempt to pirate parts from 09'+ for the factory gem usb/aux set up. probably easier just to get a vais unit and make it look stock. Anyway thanks Sodium thanks for all the support thus far.
Old 06-25-17, 03:38 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

No worries Lux, I'm happy to help! I've mentioned the techinfo website to at least ten other people, but as far as I know you're the first to actually use it

Yeah probably just installing the Vais unit is the easiest option, though as an electrician you're probably better equipped than anyone here to retrofit an '09+ nav/radio unit into a 2006

And it's interesting you had to use chrome, what was the problem with safari?
Old 06-25-17, 08:46 PM
LUX2006
Driver School Candidate

No worries Lux, I'm happy to help! I've mentioned the techinfo website to at least ten other people, but as far as I know you're the first to actually use it

Yeah probably just installing the Vais unit is the easiest option, though as an electrician you're probably better equipped than anyone here to retrofit an '09+ nav/radio unit into a 2006

And it's interesting you had to use chrome, what was the problem with safari?
it kept giving some error msg even when I cleared the history. Also gotta find the 09+ nav unit on the cheap. went to the yards so far twice. did not see any Lexus' past 05' all those independent salvage yards that do the picking for you have them and ask next to dealer online discount prices for used possibly defective parts. one place in Wilmington wanted $300 per signal mirror. on Lexus parts now same part new with paint cost $346 if I entered it correctly. still the most I've seen was for 426 dealership new. a lot of greed in Lexus parts. if I had garage full of spare parts I had to rid of I would come down a great deal on prices. or take reasonable offers. I know there still are low ballers out there that make low offers and don't even have to money. Learned this from my crags list sales experience. The trick I learned was to set a price you will not go below and upsell. so I can make to low baller think he got the best of me. well I hate the junk yard environment but ill check them out when time permits. gotta get to a 3 gen gs before anyone else. some people purposely destroy cars after taking what they need. and some jerks lock trunks to hide stuff or make it difficult for others to get stuff. and thanks
Old 06-27-17, 03:27 PM
Sodium
Lead Lap

Yeah I remember something about error messages too – I believe I just quit safari, then when I opened safari again it worked fine

And to be fair to Lexus parts, the wear items tend to be priced not outrageously – the really expensive parts are usually the ones that rarely/never need replacing.

And yeah there are definitely a lot of a-holes out there! Good luck with the nav unit and keep us updated!

Quick Reply: New 2006 GS 300 Help