GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS damaged engine plastic under panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-16, 03:11 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 3GS damaged engine plastic under panel

The storm this week hit pretty hard and my car took quite a toll from it... My under panel is pretty much done.... I knew it was a bit messed up before but now it totally ruined and scraping the floor. I was trying to get out of the snow and well a lot of reversing and foward motion finally destroyed it... Does anyone know the part number for the engine skid plate? Also my friend said I was leaking this yellowish fluid.... Not entirely sure what it is because our coolant is pink... A/C fluid? Also i found another piece but not entirely sure if it mine.....

TL;DR : Need a part number for new engine skid plate, yellowish fluid leaking but only when in snow...? Random piece on my driveway not sure if its mine...

found this in my drive way not sure if this is mine or not....

here's the front view of it on ramps

holes are done....

here a pic of where they should go... they look abused... wondering if a new one would fit?

If I recall there should be a piece that covers my filter too....

everything looks like the great NE of USA attacked!

atleast my oil drain plug is still there!!!

saw some numbers wondered if they meant anything

Old 01-26-16, 08:02 AM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i hope the yellow fluid isn't your brake fluid...have you had the oil changed recently?

i had the under body panels damaged on my old GS too. just zip tied it back up since nobody's going to look there and i'm not shelling out money for a whole new panel.

and a mechanic i'll never go back to also cut off the flap covering my oil filter.
Old 01-26-16, 09:01 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gridlock13
i hope the yellow fluid isn't your brake fluid...have you had the oil changed recently?

i had the under body panels damaged on my old GS too. just zip tied it back up since nobody's going to look there and i'm not shelling out money for a whole new panel.

and a mechanic i'll never go back to also cut off the flap covering my oil filter.
I check my fluids and they all seem fine... except my coolant is on the low line probably new to do a flush soon... I think maybe i could zip tie it but the holes that are suppose to bolt to the chassis are broken so maybe i could find a way to do it.... I'm sorry to hear about that flap probably the same thing happen to me too, hopefully it wasn't the dealer tat did that...
Old 01-26-16, 10:08 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

When my wife's panel came off from driving in high water, i used oversized stainless steel washers from Lowe's to remount it. If you want a new one, try Rockauto
Old 01-28-16, 08:24 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by burny
When my wife's panel came off from driving in high water, i used oversized stainless steel washers from Lowe's to remount it. If you want a new one, try Rockauto
I might look for that piece that goes to my oil filter cause its missing there... maybe nows the time to upgrade and get an actual skid plate or something xD
Old 01-28-16, 08:27 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Finally zip tied it... ended up breaking it and placing in another hole since it was originally not a good spot

Thanks for the tip gridlock13!!!
Old 01-29-16, 05:26 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Take it off repair the broken end with jb weld or buy an aftermarket off ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Engine-S...JWFNhQ&vxp=mtr
Old 02-01-16, 11:53 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Take it off repair the broken end with jb weld or buy an aftermarket off ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Engine-S...JWFNhQ&vxp=mtr
Haha I dont know how to weld... would love to try it tho... I like to keep things OEM but if this is way cheaper I might consider it.... I think the zipties broke too... lol ganna check it out later...
Old 02-02-16, 12:41 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
Haha I dont know how to weld... would love to try it tho... I like to keep things OEM but if this is way cheaper I might consider it.... I think the zipties broke too... lol ganna check it out later...
JB weld is not welding its a 2 part epoxy, that you can find at any auto parts store or walmart. You mix the two and it turns solid.

You can take off the splash gaurd all the damaged areas youll want to scuff with sand paper. Then just mix the epoxy and repair.

For screw holes with the missing/torn off section you can lay masking tape under the plastic and lay a thick amount of epoxy and it will form the missing section. Also with weak tabs you can add reinforcement. Also if you wanted to make the bonds stronger, you can buy perforated drywall tape (the fiberglass kind) cut those into tiny sections and use that with the jb weld youll want the jb weld to saturate the tape
Old 02-02-16, 04:23 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibidu1
JB weld is not welding its a 2 part epoxy, that you can find at any auto parts store or walmart. You mix the two and it turns solid.

You can take off the splash gaurd all the damaged areas youll want to scuff with sand paper. Then just mix the epoxy and repair.

For screw holes with the missing/torn off section you can lay masking tape under the plastic and lay a thick amount of epoxy and it will form the missing section. Also with weak tabs you can add reinforcement. Also if you wanted to make the bonds stronger, you can buy perforated drywall tape (the fiberglass kind) cut those into tiny sections and use that with the jb weld youll want the jb weld to saturate the tape
So its like PC - 11 kind of thing? I've actually never used it, just some sort of epoxy i think...
Old 02-03-16, 08:22 AM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
Thanks for the tip gridlock13!!!
just adding to what made me love this forum in the first place