GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Nav screen stuck on insert

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 09:58 AM
KelaD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav screen stuck on insert

I Just bought my 08 GS 350 and the navigation worked fine except my road didn't show up. Not knowing much about navigation screens I assumed I could figure out how to update it by just going though some screens.....!!! I went through all the gps screens and got to a screen that said update gps or something like that..... but anyway I pushed it like a idiot and now its stuck on insert map dvd!!! Im like what?? Nothing came out though. Im confused! Now I cant get the navigation to start back! Whats going on..where would a dvd come out at? How did I have navigation if no disc was in?? Why did I mess with it.......aahhhhhhhh!!! Can anyone help me!
Old 09-25-15, 10:13 AM
Hasman69
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The Nav dvd is in the glove box, top rigth, there is a little cd slot. Open the glove box, hit the Menu button by the Nav, press on Nav Menu on the screen and then hit eject symbol on top right of the screen and that will eject the NAV DVD. Try inserting it back and that might help clear this up.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-15, 11:00 AM
KelaD
Driver School Candidate

Just figured it out and got the dvd out. but it wont go back it. Its not feeding
Old 09-25-15, 11:06 AM
KelaD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hasman69
The Nav dvd is in the glove box, top rigth, there is a little cd slot. Open the glove box, hit the Menu button by the Nav, press on Nav Menu on the screen and then hit eject symbol on top right of the screen and that will eject the NAV DVD. Try inserting it back and that might help clear this up.
Hope this helps.
Thanks I got it out by removing the panel that has lexus on it right under the nav screen. it just wont feed....it goes in and I hear it then it comes back out
Old 09-25-15, 11:16 AM
Hasman69
Driver

Hmm. I have a 2009 GS 350 and the Nav dvd is in the glove box. The panel under the Nav is the CD Changer. Dont think the 2008 would be any different.
Old 09-25-15, 12:09 PM
Hasman69
Driver

That's the CD player/ changer.

The Nav dvd goes in the top right slot.
Old 09-26-15, 08:07 AM
KelaD
Driver School Candidate

well my map DVD was obviously behind the Lexus sign right under the navigation Screen that's where it came out. my CD changer is down further. now of course this CD no I'm sorry the Nav DVD won't go back into the DVD slot it just goes in and I can hear clicking and then it comes back out so I can't get it to keep the DVD in.
Old 09-26-15, 09:37 AM
Hasman69
Driver

The link is for the 2008 GS350 manual. I am just surprised that your Nav DVD is not in the glove box, like it shows on page 149 of the Navigation Manual, but instead you found it under the Nav itself.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...4635/appen.pdf
Old 09-27-15, 06:00 PM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hasman69
The link is for the 2008 GS350 manual. I am just surprised that your Nav DVD is not in the glove box, like it shows on page 149 of the Navigation Manual, but instead you found it under the Nav itself.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...4635/appen.pdf

I have a 2007 and yes, you are correct, the nav is in the glovebox. It has been and will be for our gen of GS'. That's where it is for the 2008 as well.

You are trying to put it in the CD player and of course it can't read it so it spits it back out. No idea how it got there or what you're talking about taking off the Lexus piece and something coming out there. The Lexus piece is one continuous piece of the dash, it doesn't come off. Are you sure you're in the right sub? The ES and IS are the only models with the nav disc near the screen.
Old 09-28-15, 06:06 AM
KelaD
Driver School Candidate

No Im telling you ....I read it on other posts. the Lexus sign is right under my nav screen and it comes off. when I removed it that's where my map dvd came out of. It was there the entire time. I was messing and made it eject and before that it was working fine. my cd player is down much further. not being nasty or anything but I can read! my glovebox doesn't look like that(picture posted above). but its making a clicking noise and wont stay in because it seems something is wrong with it.

Last edited by KelaD; 09-28-15 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-28-15, 06:53 AM
Broncosi
Pole Position

I'm not trying to be nasty either, however, unless I see some pictures to describe this radical design change that Lexus made for one year in the middle of a generation of this model, I'm hard pressed to believe you're not mistaken.
Old 09-28-15, 10:24 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncosi
I'm not trying to be nasty either, however, unless I see some pictures to describe this radical design change that Lexus made for one year in the middle of a generation of this model, I'm hard pressed to believe you're not mistaken.
I think this solves the mystery.

Originally Posted by KelaD
Man Im having the same issue...it was working fine and I accidently ejected it because I was exploring my new 08 ES350! Now it just clicks when I try to insert.... please tell me what you did to fix it??? Let me KNOW!!
Old 09-28-15, 10:50 AM
Broncosi
Pole Position

Are you sure you're in the right sub? The ES and IS are the only models with the nav disc near the screen.
Originally Posted by sha4000
I agree. Threw me for a loop but realized she was probably just in the wrong sub and mistakenly posted she had a GS instead of an ES.
Old 09-28-15, 11:42 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 289 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by KelaD
No Im telling you ....I read it on other posts. the Lexus sign is right under my nav screen and it comes off. when I removed it that's where my map dvd came out of. It was there the entire time. I was messing and made it eject and before that it was working fine. my cd player is down much further. not being nasty or anything but I can read! my glovebox doesn't look like that(picture posted above). but its making a clicking noise and wont stay in because it seems something is wrong with it.
Only the ES350 has the removable "LEXUS" plate below the nav screen. I think you have an ES and not a GS.

The IS has the clear plate that's a part of the clock assembly.
Old 09-28-15, 12:44 PM
Hasman69
Driver

I agree. Threw me for a loop but realized she was probably just in the wrong sub and mistakenly posted she had a GS instead of an ES.
Originally Posted by sha4000
Its an honest mistake.....I always get my G's confused with my E's

Quick Reply: Nav screen stuck on insert