GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

BC Racing top mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-14, 01:57 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Racing top mount

Hey CL Members i was wondering if anyone would have a spare top mount for their coil over that they are not using and would want to sell it to me because this is the situation i am in right now.
Attached Thumbnails BC Racing top mount-imag0032.jpg   BC Racing top mount-imag0033.jpg   BC Racing top mount-imag0034.jpg  
Old 04-15-14, 08:23 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

First off, what did you do? Secondly, did you email BCR yet? I have a local dealer and if you'd like, PM me your # and i'll see if I can help you out on parts.
Old 04-16-14, 02:47 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

were they modified at all or did the shaft really rub through the side of the mount like that?
Old 04-16-14, 08:24 AM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Isn't there a big washer and a stop on the bottom side of the top mount to prevent something like this?
Old 04-16-14, 04:59 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
First off, what did you do? Secondly, did you email BCR yet? I have a local dealer and if you'd like, PM me your # and i'll see if I can help you out on parts.
I actually contacted a BC racing dealer in FL and they have me waiting for 2 to 3 weeks for the part to come in… and for sure ill PM you my number thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
were they modified at all or did the shaft really rub through the side of the mount like that?
na they weren’t moded at all just had bags put on the strut thats about it nothing else was done.

Originally Posted by SLOW4DR
Isn't there a big washer and a stop on the bottom side of the top mount to prevent something like this?
yeah idk I seem to be missing that washer.
Old 04-16-14, 07:34 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

can you take a picture of what it looks like under the rubber bushing? How long have you driven on it since the bags were install on it? Whomever installed the bags probably dun goofed. Maybe someone that went UAS and bought the billet uppers can help you out or hell maybe buy the billet uppers yourself from UAS and replace the bc units. Will probably get them faster.

you can kinda see the washer under another bushing in the picture below on the bottom of the top hat.
Old 04-16-14, 08:44 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SLOW4DR
can you take a picture of what it looks like under the rubber bushing? How long have you driven on it since the bags were install on it? Whomever installed the bags probably dun goofed. Maybe someone that went UAS and bought the billet uppers can help you out or hell maybe buy the billet uppers yourself from UAS and replace the bc units. Will probably get them faster.

you can kinda see the washer under another bushing in the picture below on the bottom of the top hat.
Thanks for the help man ill take pictures of it closely and post it on here and ill give the Billet uppers a try.
Old 04-16-14, 09:16 PM
XxGoKoUxX

You're on bags, so that explains a lot....

If you're in a pinch I can ship you MINE's are on your dime, and you can have BC send me the top hat as a replacement for sending you mine's.

I just took it out earlier yesterday and and it's sitting on my bench. It hasn't been used (literally 0 miles of usage). Brand new.

FWIW, I see why it happened. you're bagged and you haven't got the PROPER top hat to hold the piston in place, you're really lucky that's all that broke.... I would contact UAS ASAP for both the fronts and the rears.

GL!
Old 04-17-14, 04:53 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your missing a part bro. I may not know bc but I know coilovers. theres a piece or washer if you may say that holds that together with the top mount. check in your trunk area under your trunk lining... might've fell through.

or another piece on the strut portion itself that broke. it sandwhiches the bushing. hard to explain but its like in this orderd.... strut, washer/bushing, top mount, washer/bushing(the one you see in your pic), then nut. check on the whole strut may have fallen to the bottom.

Last edited by uberEJ; 04-17-14 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-17-14, 08:09 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Not just that EJ, his bags weren't secured to anything, so it had nothing but play inbetween. Which is what happened.

I'm sure by now he's contacted UAS for the brackets for the bags.
Old 04-17-14, 11:24 PM
1SLOGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uberEJ
your missing a part bro. I may not know bc but I know coilovers. theres a piece or washer if you may say that holds that together with the top mount. check in your trunk area under your trunk lining... might've fell through.

or another piece on the strut portion itself that broke. it sandwhiches the bushing. hard to explain but its like in this orderd.... strut, washer/bushing, top mount, washer/bushing(the one you see in your pic), then nut. check on the whole strut may have fallen to the bottom.
Thank you bro for the help i contacted UAS and got me a new top hat with all the parts needed so i hope it sits securely and doesn’t happen again.

Not just that EJ, his bags weren't secured to anything, so it had nothing but play inbetween. Which is what happened.

Thanks a lot Norman!!!!! Your help was much appreciated and I’m getting the new Top on monday from UAS as you had suggested so now i hope that solves the issue.
Old 04-17-14, 11:30 PM
XxGoKoUxX

it should lol, next is air management
Old 04-21-14, 04:17 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

ah I see sorry I just reread the post. them vibrations and spacing would definitely cause a problem
Old 04-21-14, 06:40 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Nah, it's nothing, it wasn't posted in the first post he was on air LOL
Old 04-21-14, 07:18 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

lol yeah saw that. but seems like he is on the right path to get it fixed

Quick Reply: BC Racing top mount