GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone have any info about the new Audio/Video interface from VAIS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 10:42 PM
Rengozu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have any info about the new Audio/Video interface from VAIS?

I have a 2007 Lexus GS 350 AWD with the ML and Nav.

Currently I have the original Vais SoundLinQ2 SL2Vi-P4 KIT installed and recently just started to looking into upgrading after I saw what an improvement the newer one was. When I saw they were knocking $200 off the MediaLinQ Plus I jumped on it, but after I ordered one I heard they were now discontinued but that there would be an even newer model released in June.

I emailed Vais to inquire about what the differences would be and he said, "It will have more functionality. We plan to add 4 more apps to it besides Pandora and music player."

Just curious if anyone here had any more info on it like extra features and estimated price, and if you'd recommend waiting for the new one or just grabbing one of the current ones cheap if possible.

Thanks
Old 02-25-13, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

a few things

- ml+ is discontinued. if you really got it, i hope you are still able to find the apple component video cable. it's very very hard to find now as it's been discontinued by most manufacturers (especially the ones that are proven to work with ml+)
- the new ivic for ios (android version has been out), i can't say too much about the pricing, but looking at ivic for android it is priced at 450 right now. i would think the ios version to be more or less the same (if not less by the time of release)
- i believe they mentioned before it will have a new player (interface?) as well as app capability, with more apps to come down the road (not sure free or cost $$)

here's what i think. ml+ is priced well now, but the problem is more about finding component cable. it's a pain, just ask my customers. i have installed ivic for android, it's a sick system. ml+ is good but a few things that i think can be improved, and ivic for android has been really great and awesome. i would expect the ios version to have the same quality (not functionality)

ivic has better construction than ml+ imho with the extra bracket for securing cables, as well as a smaller profile overall. it also requires less cables for installation which is a plus
Old 02-26-13, 09:21 AM
Rengozu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I ordered a ml+ but it was cancelled because it was discontinued, so yea, I'm still in the market for an upgrade and will look into the ivic you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up about the hard to find cable. Wouldn't be much of a great deal if I couldn't even find the cord I needed to complete it.