GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Transmission Problem - 2006 GS300 RWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-17, 03:50 PM
selvynlj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to get a junkyard tranny today. My gs300 had the carbon emissions recall. Lexus in Winston-Salem fixed it and within a week, my transmission was going bad. It was the smoothest shifting transmission I have every ridden in in my life until they "Fixed it". Now I need a new tranny which they offered to fix it for only $3500. I am buying a junkyard tranny for $1600 and getting it installed for $675. Which is saving several hundred dollars. I don't know how they could get away with this scam. I called and wrote Lexus corporate. They refused to help, because my car had 180K miles. However, if I had never taken it over to Flow Lexus for the recall, it would never have quit. They messed up my car that I was fully expecting about 400 -500K miles. All of my previous Toyotas have gotten at least 20 years or 300K before they basically fell apart. My car was setup by Lexus corp, then damaged in the dealership. I will never have them touch another car of mine in this lifetime.
Old 03-28-17, 03:54 PM
selvynlj
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Lexus 06 GS 300 damaged by Lexus and Flow Lexus Service

I am going to get a junkyard tranny today. My gs300 had the carbon emissions recall. Lexus in Winston-Salem fixed it and within a week, my transmission was going bad. It was the smoothest shifting transmission I have every ridden in in my life until they "Fixed it". Now I need a new tranny which they offered to fix it for only $3500. I am buying a junkyard tranny for $1600 and getting it installed for $675. Which is saving several hundred dollars. I don't know how they could get away with this scam. I called and wrote Lexus corporate. They refused to help, because my car had 180K miles. However, if I had never taken it over to Flow Lexus for the recall, it would never have quit. They messed up my car that I was fully expecting about 400 -500K miles. All of my previous Toyotas have gotten at least 20 years or 300K before they basically fell apart. My car was setup by Lexus corp, then damaged in the dealership. I will never have them touch another car of mine in this lifetime.
Old 04-17-17, 07:22 PM
gs300tube
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus

Originally Posted by jamessouza
I'm having a very similar problem.

Only goes into 1-3 and won't go into 4-6 without reving up to 4000 rpms and then it goes into gear.

Codes are P0751 "D Solenoid" and P0761 "C Solenoid"

Can I just replace these 2 solenoid's since these are the only 2 which are messed up?

did yu yu get that tranny fixed mine does exact same thing neeeeed help
Old 04-17-17, 07:25 PM
gs300tube
Driver School Candidate

Default Gs

Originally Posted by johnnyslyw
I think its your shift solenoid
It probably has the stored code p0761

my my cat is doin the exact same thing. Can yu offer any help. Does the solonoid fix this
Old 04-22-17, 03:34 PM
jehmin
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is also a problem with the is250 06 and maybe some other models. Transmission Model A960E
I can say that if you have a p2757 torque converter error and if you change out a TCC solenoid it will convert into a P2714 and still have the underlying stuck in 3rd gear issue.
However I would like some feedback on what the following things will do
ECU Calibration update
SLT Solenoid replacement Part# 3529050010
Wire Harness replacement 8212550070 ( Valve)

Also how does one test the wire harness?
Could it be a speed sensor issue? If it gets the wrong speeds the transmission will not know how to shift
Old 04-24-17, 01:57 PM
dadoody
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dragged my feet on responding, but I need to tell you guys:

I bought a used transmission and swapped. With labor and everything, it cost $2000............SAME ISSUE.

****ing mechanic, right?

Took it to Lexus dealership: There is a TSA: It's the ECU. The computer. The dealership swapped the computer for $1500, and perfect. No more problems.

Now I have a perfectly GOOD transmission in my garage. I'll post it here later.
The following users liked this post:
jehmin (04-24-17)
Old 04-24-17, 02:45 PM
jehmin
Driver

Honestly.
These trans are supposed to be good. Mine Shifts when it does shift. The Mechanic probably isnt an electrical guy and may not have known either. They probably just swap parts and stuff. they also have their own interest in you haveing work done with them.
ECU ECM problems are common. look up ECU repair. electrolytic capacitors leaking in older lexuses.( This can happen to any electronics)
Then i saw some videos on Rav4 where the soldering job was ****. I cheap chinese sweat shop might be able to do a simmilar job.
If anyone is brave enough you could try to reflow the ECU or something.
I just purchased a spare to mess with for cheap. I already sunk alot of money in my machine whats another hundread on R&D
Will update in a month or soo. Please let us know how the ecu is doing.
Also if they id a calibration update or give us the calibration values if you have tech stream.
I wonder if the calibration even does anything
Old 04-24-17, 04:11 PM
gs300tube
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dadoody
I have dragged my feet on responding, but I need to tell you guys:

I bought a used transmission and swapped. With labor and everything, it cost $2000............SAME ISSUE.

****ing mechanic, right?

Took it to Lexus dealership: There is a TSA: It's the ECU. The computer. The dealership swapped the computer for $1500, and perfect. No more problems.

Now I have a perfectly GOOD transmission in my garage. I'll post it here later.

hmm, well what codes were yu having. Cause I have mine in the shop and I'm this close to getting a new tranny. They also did a scan and said the communication between my computer (ECU) to transmission was good... **** this is annoying
Old 04-24-17, 04:26 PM
jehmin
Driver

Originally Posted by gs300tube
hmm, well what codes were yu having. Cause I have mine in the shop and I'm this close to getting a new tranny. They also did a scan and said the communication between my computer (ECU) to transmission was good... **** this is annoying
how do they perform a scan from ecu to trans ?
Do they use techstream to command each solenoid to do something? Or?? Wwhat if there is corrosion and the resistance or current changes even tho its good what if it's intermittent.
I had a torque converter problem p2757 then changed some solenoids to yet a p2714. And p0761 was always there along with some other codes.
Old 09-16-17, 02:18 PM
alayoobi
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 GS300 A960 transmission issue

I had this problem for a while now. tried a transmission flush, replaced the ECU but nothing worked. then I decided to replace all my solenoids even though the mechanic tested all of them and they seem to be working. I bought solenoids set from Ebay and I had them replaced. it costs around 220 for the set ( 9 solenoids). the car worked like a charm since then. I'm attaching the picture of the solenoids and a link that I to the part. it is possible to do it yourself if you know what you doing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172868674877...84.m1558.l2649
Old 09-18-17, 05:11 PM
lx4life
Pole Position

maybe someone can do a DIY on these solenoids
Old 09-20-17, 10:20 AM
alayoobi
Driver School Candidate

Default solenoids

actually I have recorded the steps in a video but I did not have time to uploaded yet. soon I will.
Old 09-21-17, 02:37 PM
alayoobi
Driver School Candidate

Default ECU problems

If anyone want to swap the ECU, it would be cheaper to do it your self. by a used one from ebay (make sure to mach the numbers on both of them) then simply replace to old one (only few screws) then program it using a paper clip. I'm posting a link for the youtube video on how to do it. the dealer quoted me for over $1500 but it only costed me $150 to swap it. good luck guys!
Old 09-21-17, 03:28 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by alayoobi
actually I have recorded the steps in a video but I did not have time to uploaded yet. soon I will.
please post the video
Old 09-21-17, 03:45 PM
Thomasyouk
Driver School Candidate

Guys any updates, how did u managed to fix this headache?
i got P0761 error on mine for a last half year
tired of driving on motorways on 50mph

Quick Reply: Transmission Problem - 2006 GS300 RWD