GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Foose DF-5 staggered on a GS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 11:04 PM
LexFather

Not a fan of the Foose...spokes are too thin.

Originally Posted by 01a4man
Vibration for mine is not too bad. It is noticable, but bearable. I mostly feel it accelerating from a stop light. The car kinda shimmies a little bit and after that, I get nothing. I'm running the same set up you are looking for as far as diameters, not wheels. I will strongly recommend one thing though. I am currently running 245/30/20 and 285/25/20 in the rear. If you are looking for the vip look, I would recommend running 235's up front and 275's in the rear. I had rubbing with mine. Might save you some headache. Here is a couple pics of mine, you can find more in my gallery.

You can find more here if you're interested.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...an-albums.html
Nice setup
Old 08-19-10, 12:25 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by JaytdotP
so is your car still lowered? and on wat springs if so?
Yes, on Eibach Pro Kit.
The springs have never been a problem, just the spacers and now tyres.
Old 08-19-10, 06:56 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

01a4man, why do u have 09???? i want the bodykit
btw, any buyers yet for the car??
Old 08-19-10, 07:01 AM
designo
Pole Position

That body kit is really nice. Too bad the Tanabe tips must go.
What's with the smaller blinkers on your side view mirrors? Mine are much longer.

Last edited by designo; 08-19-10 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-19-10, 07:56 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't take advice from everyone on this forum... some don't own AWDs and hype the vibrations up like they personally have dealed with it themselves. It's laughable.

Yeah, I don't have an AWD but I do know more about wheels and such then others. There are a few different ways with going staggered, they have staggered offset and length. Most of the time its both but in your case you can go with staggered offsets to use the same tires in front and back which helps keep the AWD system in check. As for lowering, I would get the BC coilovers made for AWD. Haven't read much about the AWD 3GS having vibrations yet. Maybe a 20x9 set up for the front and rear would work out for you, use a 245/30 tire and that should be a great set up. Tire size wise, it should be almost exact with factory tire specs. The tire will run a tad tiny stretch but its perfectly matched for the 9" length.
Old 08-19-10, 09:13 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
I wouldn't take advice from everyone on this forum... some don't own AWDs and hype the vibrations up like they personally have dealed with it themselves. It's laughable.
couldnt agree more. the vibrations arent that bad and like anything its all subjective to the person. im lowered with about 1-2 finger gap and the vibrations are there but its not as bad as everyone describes it. plus it only happens when taking off from 0mph to approx 10mph. after that there is no vibration.
Old 08-19-10, 04:56 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi

Yeah, I don't have an AWD but I do know more about wheels and such then others. There are a few different ways with going staggered, they have staggered offset and length. Most of the time its both but in your case you can go with staggered offsets to use the same tires in front and back which helps keep the AWD system in check. As for lowering, I would get the BC coilovers made for AWD. Haven't read much about the AWD 3GS having vibrations yet. Maybe a 20x9 set up for the front and rear would work out for you, use a 245/30 tire and that should be a great set up. Tire size wise, it should be almost exact with factory tire specs. The tire will run a tad tiny stretch but its perfectly matched for the 9" length.
C'mon Eric, some people give decent advise. Yours is not too bad...as long as you remind people your advise is bent toward more aggressive set ups.
As for me, I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. Yes it's my opinion a 3GS shouldn't be treated like a cheaper import tuner. But I sure as heck wouldn't call my style conservative.
Stock = conservative
19's = sporty
20x8.5, 35 offset all around = blvd cruizing with no problems
20 in staggered with moderate offset is straight cool. Moderate is 30-35 front, 40-45 rear.

Don't get me wrong, a nice ride sitting on aggressive set ups looks way cool. Sitting still, I could look at it all day. But if obtaining those aggressive offsts means cutting, bending, pulling the fenders on my 50K car, that just makes no sense to me. After doing it you still have daily driving issues.
If anyone thinks moderate offsets don't look good, so be it. I'll keep riding while the ballers are in the shop trying to make their super stance work.
Just cause it doesn't make sense to some people don't mean a thing.
We talk about our opinions around here. That's what we do.....and floss our rides. Did that sound cool?
Old 08-19-10, 08:35 PM
anaq110
Driver

JayTdotP: Just noticed you are actually from the GTA area and maybe I can help you out here. I'm in the Sauga area right by Square1 and you can feel free stop by and check out my ride or come thru to the GTA meet next month.

I lowered my AWD350 with F-Sports and running staggered 20x8.5 up front and 20x10 in the rear. I have to disagree with some of the senior members NOT to lower an AWD *No disrespect fellas* Personally I'm a very low risk taker and after consulting with a lot of members here at CL I first ordered the F-sports to get rid of that hideous 4x4 look without compromising ride quality etc. I ran with the F-Sports for a few months to ensure I don't have any crazy vibration\wobble issues. When all was fine next step was wheels running stagged vs non-stag that was something I was going to be very careful with. You can search my topics history for references from a lot of members. I felt comfortable with some of the Senior members experiences and went forward with staggered.

Some people ran 22's which AWD or RWD which I don't think even belong on the GS in the first place. Some people were slammed to the ground and having issues. I have to agree with Ice350 where certain mods like pulling fenders, cutting etc should not be done with a 50K+ fine machine. Remember some people even without any single mods had complained of light vibration issues. I noticed some very light vibs during the winter time and I was 100% stock.

Also I think I saw those Foose rims on an IS at the IS Meet a few months back, IMO looks like they belong on a mustang not a GS.
Old 08-20-10, 12:27 AM
JaytdotP
Driver

how does the MRR GT1 in black, look on a gs? how much do these rims go for?
Old 08-20-10, 02:59 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H034Ruy-D4A&feature=fvst
here's a link to a vid with wheels identical to the Foose...on a 3GS.
Old 08-20-10, 05:17 AM
designo
Pole Position

how does the MRR GT1 in black, look on a gs? how much do these rims go for?
They look pretty sweet, but your color color plays a big role as well.
Old 08-21-10, 12:18 AM
JaytdotP
Driver

Originally Posted by designo
They look pretty sweet, but your color color plays a big role as well.

my car is black, i wanted black on black rims
Old 08-21-10, 12:19 AM
JaytdotP
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H034Ruy-D4A&feature=fvst
here's a link to a vid with wheels identical to the Foose...on a 3GS.

i think those look pretty nice, it would probably llook alot nicer on a black gs
Old 08-21-10, 02:17 AM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While it is always nice to get others opinions and thoughts on things, you are forgetting one major thing. This is your car, your money, so do things the way you want to do them. Many may or may not agree with what I did with my car, but I don't care. Do what you like and get the wheels you want. Just my .2 cents.
Old 08-21-10, 04:59 AM
designo
Pole Position

my car is black, i wanted black on black rims
Are u kidding me? That would look saweeeeeeet! DO IT!

Quick Reply: Foose DF-5 staggered on a GS?