GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Foose DF-5 staggered on a GS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-10, 02:02 PM
JaytdotP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foose DF-5 staggered on a GS?

what do you guys think of these rims on a Black on black GS 300 AWD... im thinkin about buying it for my GS..also ill be dropping it on Tanabe NF210 ... but the picture is an IS.

20x8.5 front, and 20x10 rear...
Old 08-17-10, 02:05 PM
JaytdotP
Driver

also, will it rub, or will i get vibrations on a GS AWD + tanabe nf210..... will this set up fit

also.. i will be purchasing it for about 1900-2000 cad with fairly new tires.. and good condition

just wondering if i should do it
Old 08-17-10, 02:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JaytdotP
also, will it rub, or will i get vibrations on a GS AWD + tanabe nf210..... will this set up fit

also.. i will be purchasing it for about 1900-2000 cad with fairly new tires.. and good condition

just wondering if i should do it
Are you buying from a private owner or a dealer? A dealer should be able to answer your fitment questions best. The previous owner would be the next choice if they are used.
Lot's of us could give you a better idea if we knew the specs.
We need to know offsets and tire size.

As for whether we like it or not, isn't that up to you to decide??
No one else can tell you what to like. I think they look alright but not good enough to buy them. My wife likes this style (she told me after seeing the very similar Tork wheel). That's how it goes, people have different tastes.
Old 08-17-10, 03:01 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^completely 100% agree with Ice
Old 08-17-10, 08:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

DO NOT DROP AN AWD GS! You will have vibrations every time you pull away from a light. Also staggered set ups are not recommended for AWD. You can keep the rolling diameters similar but not exact. You bigger issue is the drop not the wheels. Either way AWD GS are a pain in the *** to mod.

Your safest bet is the go 245/35/20 all the way around and roll it stock. If you want to hear the AWD mod horror story PM gs350on22s. He did more to his awd GS than anyone on this forum and ended up dumping the car and getting something else because after 3 years he couldnt live with the vibrations any longer
Old 08-17-10, 10:06 PM
JaytdotP
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
DO NOT DROP AN AWD GS! You will have vibrations every time you pull away from a light. Also staggered set ups are not recommended for AWD. You can keep the rolling diameters similar but not exact. You bigger issue is the drop not the wheels. Either way AWD GS are a pain in the *** to mod.

Your safest bet is the go 245/35/20 all the way around and roll it stock. If you want to hear the AWD mod horror story PM gs350on22s. He did more to his awd GS than anyone on this forum and ended up dumping the car and getting something else because after 3 years he couldnt live with the vibrations any longer
1 inch drop isnt too bad is it??

also how bad is the vibrations?? why does it vibrate..

the wheels are 20x8.5" 245/30/20 +37 and Rears 20x10 285/25/20 +42

what do you think?
Old 08-17-10, 10:20 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

Not completely true. I am running on BC Coilovers and staggered wheels. Do I have the vibration? Yes, I do. Running a staggered set up is not bad for the car.
Old 08-17-10, 10:31 PM
01a4man
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you think?
Vibration for mine is not too bad. It is noticable, but bearable. I mostly feel it accelerating from a stop light. The car kinda shimmies a little bit and after that, I get nothing. I'm running the same set up you are looking for as far as diameters, not wheels. I will strongly recommend one thing though. I am currently running 245/30/20 and 285/25/20 in the rear. If you are looking for the vip look, I would recommend running 235's up front and 275's in the rear. I had rubbing with mine. Might save you some headache. Here is a couple pics of mine, you can find more in my gallery.

You can find more here if you're interested.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...an-albums.html
Old 08-17-10, 10:42 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

those foose remind me of mustang wheels
Old 08-17-10, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by 01a4man
Not completely true. I am running on BC Coilovers and staggered wheels. Do I have the vibration? Yes, I do. Running a staggered set up is not bad for the car.
correct, running staggered setup is not a problem at all as long as right tire sizes are chosen. yes, needs to be careful, but nothing more special than choosing good widths and offsets
Old 08-18-10, 07:24 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not feeling the foose wheels bro
Old 08-18-10, 04:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what do you think?
Here's what I think.
After hearing members say you will have vibration, why are you still considering this. This is a Lexus. Not a Nissan Cube or whatever (not to pick on Nissan). You selected an AWD for a reason. That means whatever that reason is, it comes first and may mean sacrifices.
I don't care how big or small the vibration is, it's not something expected from a nice car.
Besides, over time there has to be a negative affect. Think abouit if you had a vibrating body part. Wouldn't it cause something else to fail eventually?
If the car were a sold block I'd be less concerned. But there are a jillion parts connected to each other and relying on each other. Something has to give. That's just logic. Maybe not...but I'll say it again....loudly....THIS IS A LEXUS!
I could tolerate a squeaking dash. Never could I accept vibration from my car in the area of the wheels. The very thing that could kill you or strand you if a problem happens. I just don't understand.
Use good judgement. Get 20x8.5 all around with 245-30-20. I believe that 245-35-20 is over spec.

I don't say this so stoungly out of disrespect. I say it out of concern and righteousness for my brothers. If safety doesn't concern you, try this. Purposely doing a mod that causes a vibration on a higher end car is.....well, that's ghetto. In my opinion of course.

This one of those time I miss Manaray.
Old 08-18-10, 05:25 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 456 Likes on 287 Posts

Vibrations have been my best friends till date. First I installed 25mm spacers on my OEM setup, vibrations like hell. Then i installed 20mm spacers and lowered it on my OEM setup, vibrations were noticeable.

Then i decided to scrap the whole spacer idea and just go for 19" MRR wheels with Yokohama tires as per spec... guess what? Vibrations are there, but this time due to 4 faulty flat spotted out of round tyres!!

I am still waiting for Tire Rack to send me out new tyres.
Old 08-18-10, 07:33 PM
JaytdotP
Driver

Originally Posted by designo
Vibrations have been my best friends till date. First I installed 25mm spacers on my OEM setup, vibrations like hell. Then i installed 20mm spacers and lowered it on my OEM setup, vibrations were noticeable.

Then i decided to scrap the whole spacer idea and just go for 19" MRR wheels with Yokohama tires as per spec... guess what? Vibrations are there, but this time due to 4 faulty flat spotted out of round tyres!!

I am still waiting for Tire Rack to send me out new tyres.

so is your car still lowered? and on wat springs if so?
Old 08-18-10, 07:37 PM
JaytdotP
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Here's what I think.
After hearing members say you will have vibration, why are you still considering this. This is a Lexus. Not a Nissan Cube or whatever (not to pick on Nissan). You selected an AWD for a reason. That means whatever that reason is, it comes first and may mean sacrifices.
I don't care how big or small the vibration is, it's not something expected from a nice car.
Besides, over time there has to be a negative affect. Think abouit if you had a vibrating body part. Wouldn't it cause something else to fail eventually?
If the car were a sold block I'd be less concerned. But there are a jillion parts connected to each other and relying on each other. Something has to give. That's just logic. Maybe not...but I'll say it again....loudly....THIS IS A LEXUS!
I could tolerate a squeaking dash. Never could I accept vibration from my car in the area of the wheels. The very thing that could kill you or strand you if a problem happens. I just don't understand.
Use good judgement. Get 20x8.5 all around with 245-30-20. I believe that 245-35-20 is over spec.

I don't say this so stoungly out of disrespect. I say it out of concern and righteousness for my brothers. If safety doesn't concern you, try this. Purposely doing a mod that causes a vibration on a higher end car is.....well, that's ghetto. In my opinion of course.

This one of those time I miss Manaray.

yeah i hear what all of y'all are sayin, BUT i already ordered the tanabe nf210, because i didnt think the vibrations will bother me that much... and its only a 1" drop.. if it does vibrate.. then ill live with it i guess. or if it really really bothers me ill go back to stock if thats possible? lol

also, i will take the other advice, 20x8.5 all around..

Quick Reply: Foose DF-5 staggered on a GS?