GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Ventilated seats

Old 07-21-10, 04:32 PM
tekjunkie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ventilated seats

When I turn on the ventilated seats, I can feel the faint air blowing on the seat bottom but it seems like the seat back is hot (heated). Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-21-10, 05:18 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

it's normal i think. leather seats are pretty hot if you park outside, and it takes a while to cool down the bottom seat. unlike LS, we don't have ventilation on lumbar area.
Old 07-21-10, 05:18 PM
DaBeast
Driver

Originally Posted by tekjunkie
When I turn on the ventilated seats, I can feel the faint air blowing on the seat bottom but it seems like the seat back is hot (heated). Does anyone else have this problem?
I +1 this. I always feel like my back is hot.
Old 07-21-10, 07:05 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even on 3 the wind is pretty weak. O well.
Old 07-21-10, 07:07 PM
tekjunkie
Driver School Candidate

yea, on my bmw and mercedes, the ventilated seats were very cooling. lexus needs to work on this.
Old 07-22-10, 02:02 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I feel that both the bottom and the back blow air. That being said, the driver side barely works at all...it is so faint that you can't feel it. Works fine if you don't sit in the seat though. Passenger seat works way better when somebody is sitting on it (including myself).
Old 07-22-10, 02:47 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
I feel that both the bottom and the back blow air. That being said, the driver side barely works at all...it is so faint that you can't feel it. Works fine if you don't sit in the seat though. Passenger seat works way better when somebody is sitting on it (including myself).
Yours is faulty. My drivers side and passenger side work the same.
Old 07-22-10, 06:00 PM
tekjunkie
Driver School Candidate

I can barely feel mine too when I'm in the drivers seat.
Old 07-22-10, 06:06 PM
HotShotEng
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekjunkie
If you want the air coming out of the seat to be cooler, put your A/C on bi-level mode with some of the cold air going to the floor. The seat fan will then suck up that cold A/C air and cool your seat a lot better.
Old 07-22-10, 06:54 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by batman75
Yours is faulty. My drivers side and passenger side work the same.
The design is faulty. Had to nag the service adviser over the span of 3 visits and write a letter to Lexus to get it "fixed." There was no change and the dealer admitted it was a fault with the design of the drivers side seat.
Old 07-22-10, 08:01 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all lets get one things clear, its really not cooling seats (there is no ac line in you seat) its just a fan that blows air. Now common sense when the air is hot it will blow warm if not hot air if its just a fan. In order to take advantage of ventilated seats to be cooling seats you will need to have cold air in you're car. Basically if you drive in 90 degree weather with you're windows open, it actually will feel hotter then cold. Now if you drive with ac on in the car and the temperature inside the car is 65 degree's you will feel the seat getting colder. My seats get cold to a point that i can't even feel my ********* (that's of course with ac, and cold temperature in the car).
Old 07-22-10, 08:10 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The design is faulty. Had to nag the service adviser over the span of 3 visits and write a letter to Lexus to get it "fixed." There was no change and the dealer admitted it was a fault with the design of the drivers side seat.
Well they must have fixed it from 2008 onwards. My driver's seat gets cold to the point that I have turn it down from 3 to 1 after a while. Either that or I have a positive defect.
Old 07-23-10, 05:42 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my 2007 GS, the "cooling" is as faint as most people have mentioned here. Can hardly feel it at all. When I had a 2010 ES as a loaner, the ventilated seat was ice cold and felt great. A huge, noticeable difference, so maybe Lexus did either fix it or redesign the system.
Old 07-27-10, 08:52 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did they do because i have brought mine into Westside Lexus and it hasnt been fixed...
Old 07-27-10, 10:22 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JBasco20
what did they do because i have brought mine into Westside Lexus and it hasnt been fixed...
They apparently replaced something inside the seat. All that it says is "ELECTRICAL - BLOWER." I guess they replaced the fan inside there.
However, that made no difference and no other solution was offered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ventilated seats