GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Price check on an 07 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 02:16 PM
rewt75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price check on an 07 GS350

I am looking an '07 GS350 RWD with 42K miles on it with navigation. As far as I know it doesn't have ML.

Assuming it's in good condition and mechanically sound, is $25K a good deal or should I push lower?

Thank you.
Old 02-22-10, 02:52 PM
levinsoy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know what prices look like in TX, but in the MD/VA area I was just looking at a 2007 GS350 AWD with the ML NAV system with about 35K miles and it sold for $29K (it took the guy about a month to sell it). GS350's are still in the high 20's to low 30's price-range around here. I just bought a 2006 GS300 AWD fully loaded and 48K on it for $22500 in OH, here in MD/VA area this car would easily have been in the high twenty's in it's condition and it's extra's like 18" upgraded Lexus wheels, etc...

As for your deal, it seems like a fair price but try to get it cheaper if you can, worst thing the seller can say is NO. Here in MD, I really wanted AWD for the few times we have bad weather in the winters. ML stereo is awesome (best OEM system I have heard out there) but should not be a deal breaker if the car is really good. Now the NAV for me was a deal breaker!
Old 02-22-10, 06:27 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Wow, they are dirt cheap down there. Over here, besides being hard to find, the asking price is usually $42k CAD ($40k USD) for an 07 GS 350 with 30k miles.
Old 02-23-10, 06:12 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say that's a pretty good deal assuming it has a clean history. Most of the GS350's I've seen for that price have considerably higher mileage.
Old 02-23-10, 07:38 AM
Nickc0844
Rookie

Yeah, sounds like a good price.
Old 02-23-10, 08:21 AM
KITT
Driver School Candidate

Always push lower if you can. But that is a very good price...assuming everything checks out. I bought mine wholesale for $24,5 two months ago. Nav, no ML, $50k miles. Mine is AWD though.
Old 02-24-10, 06:59 PM
rewt75
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for your response. I went and saw the car today and it was in excellent condition besides the black paint being swirled up from having been run through tunnel washes. I am a hobbyist detailer and can buff all of that out though. The carfax was clean as was the title. The car was at the dealership yesterday getting warranty work done for what I read to be a clicking sound coming from the transmission. It looks like they replaced some parts that had "CAM" written on the service report.
I am taking it tomorrow to a mechanic to have it thoroughly inspected before I commit to buying it. Hopefully everything checks out because that interior was amazing. I'm coming from an '05 TL which already has a nice interior and the GS was on a different level. I have never owned a Lexus before.

One more question - how do I know if I have the rear power sunshade option? Where is the button that activates that?
Old 02-24-10, 07:18 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Sunshade should be in the drop down controls on the left side.
Haven't heard of any confirmed transmission issues at all. Check if the mirrors still tilt down properly when you put it in reverse, that usually breaks after a couple of years due to wearing gears.
Old 02-25-10, 06:39 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

last month i paid $29,500 for my 07 GS350 with 44,000 miles. it is awd, with navi. all options except ML.
Old 02-25-10, 06:42 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good deal, IMO.
Old 02-25-10, 07:17 PM
rewt75
Driver School Candidate

Turns out the car has had a couple of issues. It was taken in earlier in the week to have the engine rattle on cold start service bulletin taken care of.
SB0157-08 OCT 08 Engine - Brief Knock/Rattle On Cold Start-Up

They replaced all of the cam gears. I'm alright with this as it's a known GS350 problem and they have taken care of it.

It also has the tire pressure monitor light on and it didn't go off after they aired up all the tires properly. I told them I wouldn't buy the car unless it was fixed. He refused to fix it for free saying that he was already selling the car at cost. I agreed to pay $200 to have his Lexus mechanic come and replace the three missing tire pressure monitor sensors. I figured this would cost me much more getting it done at the dealer since it likely happened at a Discount Tire or NTB when the tires were replaced and Lexus warranty doesn't cover that. Provided that all works out, I will buy the car tomorrow.

It also has what is probably the worst creaking noise coming from the center of the dash that I've ever heard in a car. Apparently that's remedied by this service bulletin:

SB0040-08 JUL 08 Interior - Instrument Panel Rattle

So it's now at the dealer getting that rattle taken care of.

So a few hiccups, but this is the car I've wanted for a long time at a good price that fits my budget. I've spoken to Troy up in Massachusetts at the Toyota dealership and will likely buy the 6yr/100K extended warranty for $1390 once I'm almost at 50K miles.

Oh and I found out that it does have the sunshade option. Thanks for pointing out where to find the button for it. All I need to do now is to fabricate a middle finger graphic to have folded up in there so that when I have a jackass tailgating me, I can just flip that sunshade up and express myself. Trying to keep Lexus classy over here.
Old 02-25-10, 07:19 PM
rewt75
Driver School Candidate

Also had it taken to a third party mechanic to have a pre-purchase inspection done and it checked out fine. They spoke pretty negatively of the cam gears having been replaced as I showed them the service bulletin work done on it. They felt the car had too few miles on it to have needed something like that. That was understandable and would've been more concerned if it wasn't a recognized GS350 problem with a free fix.
Old 02-25-10, 07:21 PM
levinsoy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rewt75
Turns out the car has had a couple of issues. It was taken in earlier in the week to have the engine rattle on cold start service bulletin taken care of.
SB0157-08 OCT 08 Engine - Brief Knock/Rattle On Cold Start-Up

They replaced all of the cam gears. I'm alright with this as it's a known GS350 problem and they have taken care of it.

It also has the tire pressure monitor light on and it didn't go off after they aired up all the tires properly. I told them I wouldn't buy the car unless it was fixed. He refused to fix it for free saying that he was already selling the car at cost. I agreed to pay $200 to have his Lexus mechanic come and replace the three missing tire pressure monitor sensors. I figured this would cost me much more getting it done at the dealer since it likely happened at a Discount Tire or NTB when the tires were replaced and Lexus warranty doesn't cover that. Provided that all works out, I will buy the car tomorrow.

It also has what is probably the worst creaking noise coming from the center of the dash that I've ever heard in a car. Apparently that's remedied by this service bulletin:

SB0040-08 JUL 08 Interior - Instrument Panel Rattle

So it's now at the dealer getting that rattle taken care of.

So a few hiccups, but this is the car I've wanted for a long time at a good price that fits my budget. I've spoken to Troy up in Massachusetts at the Toyota dealership and will likely buy the 6yr/100K extended warranty for $1390 once I'm almost at 50K miles.

Oh and I found out that it does have the sunshade option. Thanks for pointing out where to find the button for it. All I need to do now is to fabricate a middle finger graphic to have folded up in there so that when I have a jackass tailgating me, I can just flip that sunshade up and express myself. Trying to keep Lexus classy over here.
Will lexus still fix the service bulletins like teh ones you indicated above if car is out of the 4/48k bumper to bumper warranty? Also, where can I find list of service bulletins on my 06 GS300 AWD.
Old 02-25-10, 07:31 PM
EyeKutr

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I had my cam gears replaced, it is a common issue
Old 02-25-10, 09:19 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my TSB SB0157-08 OCT 08 Engine - Brief Knock/Rattle On Cold Start-Up Done at around 43k miles.Its also a 07 so don't worry it runs like new now. On the rattle i have the same on in the middle of the dash so don't worry about it 2 much hope they take care of it,.

Quick Reply: Price check on an 07 GS350