GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS 350 Programmer, Tuner, ECU thingy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-10, 01:13 AM
LexiGS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Tom's makes ECU for the GS350
Old 06-07-10, 05:37 PM
JJC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about Diablo Sports in Delray Beach, FL
Old 06-07-10, 07:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

people can try all they want, i have yet to see anything and it's been 8 years
Old 06-07-10, 11:17 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

What about using the Apexi Neo with a harness. Has that worked!

I need to lean out my car, what do I do?
Old 02-23-13, 06:14 PM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

my cousin with a 350 has a tune... im trying to get him to find out who did it but he has since lost contact with the guy from houston. just know that he pulls my 430 around all day long... and today he did it when he was riding 4 deep. and i was solo. he even kills me on the high end when im over 80+
Old 02-24-13, 07:31 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AustinSBP
my cousin with a 350 has a tune... im trying to get him to find out who did it but he has since lost contact with the guy from houston. just know that he pulls my 430 around all day long... and today he did it when he was riding 4 deep. and i was solo. he even kills me on the high end when im over 80+
A GS350 pulling on a 430 ain't a miracle!
Old 02-24-13, 06:17 PM
AustinSBP
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
A GS350 pulling on a 430 ain't a miracle!
not just pulling.... EATING. how about asking about the OTHER cars i mentioned like charger and challenger r/t's. im not the typical car performance newb like most guys on here i know what his car was and what it is.
Old 02-25-13, 12:21 AM
designo
Pole Position

not just pulling.... EATING. how about asking about the OTHER cars i mentioned like charger and challenger r/t's. im not the typical car performance newb like most guys on here i know what his car was and what it is.
Without a video, your claims will always be questioned if you feel that they are!

Hence, I don't expect you to defend your credibility, I didn't ask you to!

Next time, take out a phone cam or something and let us all enjoy the show! ( Keep in mind I am not advocating street racing or lack of safety measure in case you decide to go all moral on me )
Old 02-25-13, 04:52 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Tom's ECU for the 3rd Gen GS.

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/comp/l...g/89820-t.html

I'm not sure if this ECU comes programmed already, or if you utilize it like any other stand alone ECU for tuning purposes. I have an Apexi NEO that I want to use now that I have headers, intake and exhaust installed. I've been researching tuners in SoCal and it is a market that has been crushed since the economic downturn.

Tom's also makes a supercharger for the 3rd Gen GS but I heard it is out of production. It was also $17K and only added about 50HP if I am recalling correctly.

Hopefully someone can comment who has experience with the Tom's ECU.
Old 03-02-13, 12:19 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

trollololol.
Old 03-02-13, 12:30 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by slowdiver
Tom's ECU for the 3rd Gen GS.

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/comp/l...g/89820-t.html

I'm not sure if this ECU comes programmed already, or if you utilize it like any other stand alone ECU for tuning purposes. I have an Apexi NEO that I want to use now that I have headers, intake and exhaust installed. I've been researching tuners in SoCal and it is a market that has been crushed since the economic downturn.

Tom's also makes a supercharger for the 3rd Gen GS but I heard it is out of production. It was also $17K and only added about 50HP if I am recalling correctly.

Hopefully someone can comment who has experience with the Tom's ECU.
Potentially the only viable option, if it even exists. Its kind of like area 51. People believe it exists, but no one can ever find it.
Old 03-04-13, 04:19 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalan
Potentially the only viable option, if it even exists. Its kind of like area 51. People believe it exists, but no one can ever find it.
The Tom's ecu and s/c exist, see the links below for proof. The only issue is that it's just too freaking expensive to buy, hence why we haven't heard of anyone buying it. For that kind of money (parts & install labour), you could upgrade to an IS-F or faster vehicle. It doesn't make financial sense to get the Tom's speed parts unless you have lots of money to burn.

Lexus GS 50:

Driving impressions of the Lexus GS 50:
Carview video:

concept: http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/comp/l...s50/index.html
engine: http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/comp/l...50/engine.html

Having said that, I believe slowdiver is correct in stating that the ecu and s/c are both out of production and can't be purchased anymore. Only way to get this now is if someone in Japan bought this for their GS, and they are looking to part it out.

Trust me, I've thought about getting this for my GS450h. I just couldn't justify spending $30K+ for extra 50-60 hp.

Last edited by Stormforge; 03-04-13 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-04-13, 05:49 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Having said that, I believe slowdiver is correct in stating that the ecu and s/c are both out of production and can't be purchased anymore. Only way to get this now is if someone in Japan bought this for their GS, and they are looking to part it out.

Trust me, I've thought about getting this for my GS450h. I just couldn't justify spending $30K+ for extra 50-60 hp.
I'd still like to find out if the ECU is available. I'll give Carson Toyota a call this week and see if we can get an answer. I'm assuming this would allow us to do a dyno tune with an Apexi NEO.
Old 03-05-13, 08:11 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Stormforge
The Tom's ecu and s/c exist, see the links below for proof. The only issue is that it's just too freaking expensive to buy, hence why we haven't heard of anyone buying it. For that kind of money (parts & install labour), you could upgrade to an IS-F or faster vehicle. It doesn't make financial sense to get the Tom's speed parts unless you have lots of money to burn.

Oh I knew it existed. Ive seen a few modded gs with that kit in japan, just never in the states. I think theres one black one lurking with mercedes kompressor badges written on the side. Dont remember where i recalled that from, or maybe that was a greddy kit? regardless, these are pretty much non existent. especially in the states.

Originally Posted by slowdiver
I'd still like to find out if the ECU is available. I'll give Carson Toyota a call this week and see if we can get an answer. I'm assuming this would allow us to do a dyno tune with an Apexi NEO.
pretty sure the TOMS ecu is some weak sauce ecu anyway. Pretty much just takes off the speed limiter. I think its supposed to make the throttle more linear but meh, nothing to brag home about.
Old 04-06-14, 08:20 AM
RedlexGs
Driver School Candidate

We have to find a code to crack this ECU. I do IT work and if I can get a team with more knowledge we can start this process!

Quick Reply: GS 350 Programmer, Tuner, ECU thingy!!!