GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Junction Produce curtains installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 01:23 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junction Produce curtains installation

Upon installation, if you've never done this before, the "instructions" on the back of the box are funny to follow if you don't read Japanese. For those who bought these and are new to curtain installation & don't understand Japanese (such as myself), here are some tips:
  • To make things WAY easier, if you have measuring tape and marking chalk (or masking tape) get them. They will be of great use if you want to make sure the vertical mounting hooks are even on both sides (I had neither and made some ghetto measurement device with a pen & paper ).

• Note the little plastic bag of plastic hooks & caps are mostly extras/spares. You only need to use 4 of the rounded plastic caps to install. The curtains should already come with the hooks in place, if you lose them, there's a ton of extra hooks. And if I have to explain what the alcohol wipe is for, well, then that's just sad
  • The rails for the curtains are BENDABLE, so be careful. The heavy one goes on the bottom, and the lighter one up top. The round opening on the rails is the side that goes towards the front of the car. When you put them on, press HARD lol. Because the 3rd Gen GS's windows are curved up top, you won't be able to put the rails all the way forward (as opposed to a car which has a near 90° angle). The bottom can go all the way forward.
  • When you mount the curtains through the rails keep the label side in and use one of the round caps to seal the opening right between the first curtain hook and the second (hook). This is to allow you to open your curtains without it sliding all over the place.
  • The "U" shaped hook that goes on the vertical part of the door frame needs to be pressed FIRMLY for a good 20-30 seconds or so to stay up with the tension added when the holder is in place.

And that, my friends, should do it. I do hope this helps the uninformed/novice curtain installer

Here are some interior pics I took upon completing the installation of the JP Curtains. I liked them before I got them, and I *love* them now that they're in! +1 for Johnny

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 01:23 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Name:  GS007.jpg
Views: 6462
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  GS008.jpg
Views: 11706
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  GS013.jpg
Views: 3598
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  GS016.jpg
Views: 5269
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  GS017.jpg
Views: 3665
Size:  65.3 KB
Old 11-19-08, 01:25 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Name:  GS024.jpg
Views: 3858
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  GS031.jpg
Views: 3796
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  GS034.jpg
Views: 3608
Size:  59.4 KB

Name:  GS020.jpg
Views: 3496
Size:  48.4 KB

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 01:26 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

is it just me or does the fitment look horrible?
Old 11-19-08, 01:33 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by G Star
is it just me or does the fitment look horrible?
lol it's you

fiment regarding what? height? width? _____?

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 01:38 AM
burma
Pole Position

yea seems like there is a gap between the pillar and the curtain but i think its because of the cars rounded window frame. It doesn't look as nice as Garson or Bellezza and the JP logo is too big...hardest part of any curtain install is bending the metal frame to the shape, it gets easier by the 4th window haha
Old 11-19-08, 01:45 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by burma
yea seems like there is a gap between the pillar and the curtain but i think its because of the cars rounded window frame.
Exactly right. *Just as I stated in the install info above* This is best highlighted in the 5th and 6th pics. unfortunately the curve was more than what could be withstood by the rails

Originally Posted by retrospexo
Because our GS's window is curved up top, you won't be able to put the rail all the way forward (as opposed to a car which has a near 90° angle). The bottom can go all the way forward.
Love it or loathe it, either way I installed mine with pure function in mind

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 05:11 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

which pillows are those?
Old 11-19-08, 10:42 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice man. I'm still waiting on mine.

I just need some of those pillows now
Old 11-19-08, 11:03 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the "VIP STYLE" cracks me up!

one word continuously comes to mind: clutter
Old 11-19-08, 01:11 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

^ clutter is correct, too much going on.

This set of curtains remind me of when girls wear granny panties. It looks too saggy and oversized for your car.
Old 11-19-08, 02:08 PM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

totally not my style.. i want to see people's reaction when they sit in the car.. heh
Old 11-19-08, 02:56 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whlkev
totally not my style.. i want to see people's reaction when they sit in the car.. heh
funny you'd mention that, people who've seen it so far do like it more than I thought they would 0.o also the height of the curtains are a size "small"; anyone with a curved window will see some sagging regardless of how it's installed.

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
the "VIP STYLE" cracks me up!

one word continuously comes to mind: clutter
I guess clutter is something that you would have to decide for yourself. When I start putting window tables in my GS -to me- I'd feel like there's too much clutter. This is just where I want it, the curtains are non-intrusive from where I stand (or sit).

Not to mention, the only items in the interior that serve no real purpose is whatever is hanging from the rearview. When the car is parked and driver & passenger are no longer in the front seat, these "VIP STYLE" accessories (if you will) are anything but clutter. I guess there's only a few drivers here who still make use of the backseat And sure, I get hotel rooms sometimes, but when a special ladyfriend says she wants it in the backseat, well, what can i say? I'm not building a VIP car, which some of you may/may not (mistakenly) think, nor am I trying to duplicate the style. I'm simply arranging my car in my best interest

I understand all of your opinions and feel free to lay it out, but it's funny to read a post which 'appears' to demonstrate one not reading the OP. This thread is simply a little bit of info for the several people who have (or are expecting) this product with no idea how to read Japanese

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-19-08 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-19-08, 02:58 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS430V8
which pillows are those?
JP pillows? lol.. these are not the poofy leather ones, pm TLW (Johnny) for more info

Originally Posted by jcrome04
Looks nice man. I'm still waiting on mine.

I just need some of those pillows now
thanks J, the pillows are somewhat thin, but they work out just great
Old 11-19-08, 03:51 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by retrospexo
... I guess there's only a few drivers here who still make use of the backseat And sure, I get hotel rooms sometimes, but when a special ladyfriend says she wants it in the backseat, well, what can i say? ...
Then you should've got the cream colored interior instead of black . . .

Quick Reply: Junction Produce curtains installation