GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AH!!!!!! My baby got smashed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-08, 10:36 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I suggest you find out what body shop(s) your Lexus dealer uses, and take it there. I was also rear-ended several months back, and GEICO (other person's ins. co.) only authorized that the rear bumper be repaired. The body shop I took the car to (Lexus-approved) fought with GEICO, and they ultimately sprang for a new skin. It appears, however, that you'll need a new bumper, plus repair/replacement to any damaged underpinings, and the trunk. Hope this helped.
Old 11-16-08, 02:34 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that....hope everything works our for you.....
Old 11-16-08, 03:57 PM
blckwidow
Rookie

ouch that hurts. i'm sorry. you know i'm always looking in my rear view mirror everytime i'm slowing down on the highway or stopping in fear of that.
Old 11-16-08, 09:49 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

sorry to hear that sucks...............
Old 11-16-08, 10:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

It wont take long for them to her back in order. Thank god it wasnt worse
Old 11-17-08, 03:06 AM
sifrido
Rookie

I called the guys insurance and sure enough he didn't report it. I told them my side of the story and they called the guy to hear his. He did admit he was at fault. So now they're going to send an appraiser to check on the damage and they said I can take it to get repaired wherever I want. And if it cost more than what the appraiser said, that they will take care of it. Then they asked me if I was injured and Itold them I felt a little bit of neck pain, maybe whiplash. They asked if I was going to seek medical attention for it and I told them that maybe depending on how I feel tomorrow. After I said that they said they're going to send me 300 bucks for my troubles. So hopefully everything works out. Ill keep you guys posted.

Originally Posted by blckwidow
ouch that hurts. i'm sorry. you know i'm always looking in my rear view mirror everytime i'm slowing down on the highway or stopping in fear of that.
Oh I do the same! I watched the whole thing happen! But I had nowhere to go.
Old 11-17-08, 04:27 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

glad things are starting to move in your direction now.
Old 11-17-08, 05:17 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You cash that $300 check, you will wavied your right to sue for medical expense.
Old 11-17-08, 05:51 AM
GGenovese
Rookie

Sorry to hear that. It could have been worse. Good thing that you are OK. The hell with the car. A paint job or a new bumper will put your baby back where she needs to be. Dont forget to contact your insurance company as well. Just to keep them abreast.
Old 11-17-08, 11:54 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to see this happen to your GS, hope everything turns out ok

Last edited by GS300Rich; 12-24-08 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-17-08, 01:04 PM
beach
Driver School Candidate

Don't let in insurance company stick you with a used bumper or reconditioned bumper. You want a new one!
Old 11-20-08, 02:22 PM
sifrido
Rookie

Angry

Originally Posted by beach
Don't let in insurance company stick you with a used bumper or reconditioned bumper. You want a new one!

Well I guess you read their mind! That's exactly what theyre doing! Giving me a reconditioned bumper. They said they cant give me a new one. What can I say to get a new one?????
Old 11-20-08, 03:51 PM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Simply you need to go to a shop you want and trust. Tell them the expectations you have - all OEM and all NEW parts (except where applicable like bolts, etc.). They should begin the work and renegotiate w/ the other guys ins co in process. If there are any issues, then you need to just get your ins co involved. I'm sure w/ your policy (since it's their property they are restoring) they'll want new parts used. Then it will be their responsibility to get reimbursed from the other guys ins co.

I had an issue a few years ago when my wife got hit. They sent an adjuster who gave me an estimate w/ check in hand for $1700 and the name of their local recommended shop. I said thanks, but here's an estimate from the shop for $2400 and I want them to do the work. They balked and said their shop was qualified, etc. and they wanted to refuse. I said "I'm sure they are, but it's my car, my bumper and you're dumb @ss client hit my car. If you want to put used parts on your clients car, then by all means please do. I would do the same if my wife caused the accident. Having said that, my wife was not at fault. But now I have to explain to anyone I try and sell or trade this car into about the accident. Regardless of the quality of work, it will be noticeable and I have an obligation to disclose it. As such, I'm not asking for a diminished value claim, just for you replace it w/ OEM brand new parts." Bottom line, they did. Might want to mention a diminished value claim (if your state allows) let alone the disclosure fact of an accident.

Good luck
Old 11-20-08, 03:59 PM
Ray1284
Driver School Candidate

Dayam..sorry bro...from 1 GS owner to another, I feels ya..this sucks..Ive been love tapped twice already...wtf??? first time it wasnt bad at all..just scratched the paint and scraped it, second time..I had to replaced the back bumper, it actually ripped and i had a fat *** whole in the middle of my bumper..and they both payed out of their pocket...no insurance was involved at all.

Im glad you didnt get hurt bro...and good luck on everything..
Old 12-11-08, 05:16 PM
sifrido
Rookie

Smile

so after almost a month of arguing with the insurance company, body shop adding some scratches to my car, and a whole lot of not needed stress.....my car is finally fixed!!!!!!! the next time someone hits me I'm definitely working out a cash deal!!! I can't stand dealing with idiot insurance companies that think it's ok to put on remanufactured bumpers and giving you some piece of ****** rental car(buick being the top choice) Ahh just typing this is upsetting me again. But on the bright side at least it's going to be a Merry Christmas after all!!

Quick Reply: AH!!!!!! My baby got smashed!!!