GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

People keep cutting me off

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 05:13 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought it was just me.. I get cut-off a lot in the GS also.

My wife's RX almost never gets cut off.

I think its cause I care more, since its new.
Old 03-13-08, 06:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Avid1
My 2007 GS 350 is my first Lexus. Ever since I've had it, I've noticed that people who drive other luxury brand cars will cut me off. Lately, I've had an Infiniti G35 cut me off on a freeway on-ramp and a Mercedes E-class come extremely close to me on an empty freeway.

Why do people feel the need to show off their cars by cutting me off? This phenomenon has never really happened when I drove non-luxury cars. I guess it just comes with the territory of driving a premium vehicle.
Maybe you are driving too slow
Old 03-13-08, 07:25 AM
1stgenGSb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive fast A LOT, and i find myself cutting people off and not realizing that i did it, and if your a slow driver especially then your gonna get cut off, your smart to not retaliate though, that a good way to get in a wreck, just cruise and enjoy your awesome car

and as for the guy who doesn't race the Corvette, i dont blame you dude, my buddy has a 98 vette and the only time i can roll with him is in a Drag race when i'm driving my 75 F-100 w/ a built 400 at 390 Hp to the rear wheels lol, and he still gets me because i only have THREE GEARS!!!
Old 03-13-08, 07:46 AM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jenadamson
I wouldn't take it personally, maybe you're just noticing more because you're more concerned about your car? In Houston, it doesn't matter what you're driving, someone will cut you off almost every time you're on the road,...
AGREE!!!

People in Houston are CRAZY, I even seen people driving TOWARD you on the freeway!!!
Old 03-13-08, 07:54 AM
rozGS430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Same thing happened to me tonite. I was driving on the 10fwy goin west bound on my way home.. A freaking Silver Z06 corvette was behind me and all of a sudden he/she decides to get next to me. **** starts reving on me and cuts me off. What's wrong with people nowadays? My car is stock except for wheels. I ain't gonna race a corvette
you know...these people who do this to you are the same type of stupid drivers who think they know how to drive and think they are tough and/or cool by doing ridiculous stuff like that. it's these corvette driving wife beater wearing gold chain sporting specimens who you see splattered all over the road after a move like that. my only gripe with it is that they usually cause a 10 or 15 mile backup while the state police take their sweet old time scraping their carcass off the macadam. my other favorite is some middle aged overweight lady on a cell phone driving a minivan who has no clue what is going on pulling a stunt like that. your best bet is to just enjoy your car and drive defensively...just my opinion. my next topic...the scum of the earth flicking their disgusting cigaretts out the window onto my car...do you have any idea how many citations i have written to drivers here who i see doing that? i should be promoted to Cpl. for that.
Old 03-13-08, 09:25 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rozGS430
you know...these people who do this to you are the same type of stupid drivers who think they know how to drive and think they are tough and/or cool by doing ridiculous stuff like that. it's these corvette driving wife beater wearing gold chain sporting specimens who you see splattered all over the road after a move like that. my only gripe with it is that they usually cause a 10 or 15 mile backup while the state police take their sweet old time scraping their carcass off the macadam. my other favorite is some middle aged overweight lady on a cell phone driving a minivan who has no clue what is going on pulling a stunt like that. your best bet is to just enjoy your car and drive defensively...just my opinion. my next topic...the scum of the earth flicking their disgusting cigaretts out the window onto my car...do you have any idea how many citations i have written to drivers here who i see doing that? i should be promoted to Cpl. for that.
woo, we have an officer on CL.
Old 03-13-08, 09:29 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Just don't worry about it and enjoy!

That or time to break in the car, drive it like you stole it
Old 03-13-08, 09:29 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whlkev
second that!
Old 03-13-08, 09:57 AM
GatorWPB
Driver

Originally Posted by whlkev
Glad he's not in FL

I guess the reason I dont get cut off in my GS is the same reason I am court ordered to attend aggressive dirving school. But really I just drive fast in the empty lanes, I dont like to **** people off with my driving.
Old 03-13-08, 10:01 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

It's not personal. Most folks here just can't drive.
Old 03-13-08, 01:51 PM
lexusgs408
Lead Lap

ummm maybe the way you drive or they just want to cut you off for the hell of it......
Old 03-13-08, 02:04 PM
ahearn
Rookie

I haven't had the problem either but, like with every new car I get, I think that everyone on the road is out to hit me. It's like everyone knows I have a new car, is jealous of me, and wants to take me off the road. Then, after a few weeks, the feeling starts to go away and I realize I'm just another hunk of metal and glass to all those other people on the road.
Old 03-13-08, 02:17 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

welcome to the jungle.....sometimes people cut me off too, especially those SUV ....but i aint give a damn. sometimes i cut people too, especially civic w/ big wings....

you win some, you lose some
Old 03-13-08, 02:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 186 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Same thing happened to me tonite. I was driving on the 10fwy goin west bound on my way home.. A freaking Silver Z06 corvette was behind me and all of a sudden he/she decides to get next to me. **** starts reving on me and cuts me off. What's wrong with people nowadays? My car is stock except for wheels. I ain't gonna race a corvette
lol some people want to race everything right? even if you are in a civic with wheels, they want to "show" you something
Old 03-13-08, 02:41 PM
TXprfrmnce
Driver

Not a problem here in Texas, the consequences are too high!

Quick Reply: People keep cutting me off