GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: 3GS Owners: How you do really feel about your purchase?
Ecstatic. Perfect. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommended. Would buy again.
36.53%
Pleased. A few things here and there really bother me, but overall pretty good.
47.03%
Meh. So, so. As bad as it is, it was the best of the lot in this price range.
5.94%
Disappointed. I can live with it, but I'll be looking to trade or sell soon.
7.31%
Furious. Worst decision I've ever made with $50k. Not recommended. For sale/already sold.
3.20%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

3GS Owners: How happy are you now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-08, 09:40 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
naw. acura is the volvo. they're just 2 steps behind.
Ouch, now you're hatin' on acura (besides volvo is now Ford) . . .
Old 01-28-08, 02:20 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

I've had my 07 GS350 AWD for a little over a year now, and If I was buying a car today, I'd get another one. Granted it took a few mods to make me happy, but happy I am.

What I did:

1.) Swapped the run-flats for Michelin Energy All seasons Touring tires.

2.) Had the Brake Pads swapped out for Dustless ones.

3.) Got rid of the dreaded Windshield Creaks and Rattles.

So, after a year and over 16,000 miles, I have a car that I really love and am convinced that it is the best car on the road for me!
Old 01-28-08, 08:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
Yeah, I've been kicking myself for not sticking with Infiniti. It is hands down the better drivers car and my year in a G35 revealed no reliability issues. With the recent issues from Lexus, these 2 brands are close in reliability imo.
I too, love my GS....both of them. I was driving my wife's car yesterday and I could swear it feels sportier. The 3GS is the most stylish car in the line-up. May not be the best looking but it is the most stylish Lexus.
man do I miss my G35 sedan. It was red and nicely tuned. way more sporty than lexus, but lexus had the interior quality, and it was new and different. I will look at infiniti again in the future
Old 01-29-08, 07:24 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BKE420
Jace....74k???? Dude that's some dough for a 450h...I didn't realize they went for that much....don't the LS's sell for 70-80k? Maybe it was 47k....but that what the AWD's go for....

Not to get off the post topic...love my GS 350 AWD!!!
I think Lexus is coming with a sportier GS by 2012...If i remember correctly, it is called GS-F.

Anyway, I am a current owner of 2000 GS, I like it a lot, no complaints. Did some mods to it, some were good, some I regert...still the car is running like a champ with 81k. I am in the market for another car for my wife...we are looking at the 2009 E class or the 2008/09 GS...I am leaning more towards the GS...as I am reading through this thread, I am not getting convinced on the GS...I'll just keep on reading.
Old 01-29-08, 10:41 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^ Just remember, never own a german car out of warranty. So if you plan to lease or trade the MB in 4 years, go for it. You already own a 2GS for 8 yrs w/81k miles - 'nuff said . . .
Old 01-29-08, 11:55 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Exclamation 2GS vs. 3GS -- a warning

Originally Posted by NesTea420
Anyway, I am a current owner of 2000 GS, I like it a lot, no complaints.

If you get a 3GS, you may well be VERY disappointed coming from a 2GS.

Every time I drive my son's 2GS, which used to be my 2GS, I remember how much more comfortable the 2GS is.

But, if driver comfort isn't important to you, the 3GS is a better car in almost all other respects than the 2GS.
Old 01-30-08, 10:25 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

NesTea, do what I did. Next time your GS is in for service, ask the dealer for a 3GS loaner, tell them you are thinking of buying one. This way you get an extended road test w/out a Lexus employee sitting next to you. After driving the loaner for 2 days, I had no concerns about the 3GS. . .
Old 01-30-08, 10:35 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by socalJD
NesTea, do what I did. Next time your GS is in for service, ask the dealer for a 3GS loaner, tell them you are thinking of buying one. This way you get an extended road test w/out a Lexus employee sitting next to you. After driving the loaner for 2 days, I had no concerns about the 3GS. . .
Good idea usually i get the RX or ES, didn't know I can request one.
Old 01-30-08, 11:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I think the seats itself are actually more comfortable in the 3GS than the 2GS. If you are over 6 ft tall, you might have problem with head room, tall people have to adjust the seat lower which makes the seating position less comfortable.
Old 01-30-08, 11:46 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by socalJD
which dealer in CA has GS as loaner?

I've only seen RX/ES/IS
Old 01-30-08, 12:56 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm somehow happy with the purchased of my new GS350. It would be perfect if Lexus didnt lockout the NAV functionality. Makes me think that i paid for ML/NAV premium just to have it there to look at and not really use it.
Old 01-30-08, 04:14 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whlkev

I've only seen RX/ES/IS
You KNOW which one . . .
Old 01-30-08, 04:37 PM
akim47
Driver

i sold my 06 GS but was overall happy with the experience. no car i've owned has had the interior styling of the lexus... it was easy to maintain, easy to work on and overall a very practical luxury car. i definitely would go back to lexus as a daily driver.

im not convinced about lexus' push into the performance market (i.e. IS-F) no matter what you tell me about how it does on the track, it still leaves something to be desired...

i know i will get roasted for this, but for performance, i am personally a porsche fanatic. and u cannot say that porsche is not affordable if u are a lexus owner. u can get a good CPO 996 for about $36K, a great 997 for about $54K. that being said, i do agree with what some people have said about german auto reliability as the porsches have been hit with RMS and intermediate shaft issues for quite a while. to sum it up Lexus for the DD, and Porsche for performance. there could not be a better combo!!!
Old 01-30-08, 08:43 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Unhappy

Originally Posted by whlkev

I've only seen RX/ES/IS
In Northern CA at my dealer, I've only seen RXs and ESs, as well as, I'm sorry to say, lots and lots of other brands. The last time they gave me a Jeep. I was not a happy camper. I asked to wait for Lexus, but they said they were out of them.
Old 02-23-08, 03:15 PM
TXprfrmnce
Driver

12k miles and happy.

I have owned ONE Volvo C70, ONE Audi A4, and ONE BMW 530 and my opinion on those is ONE and done! Not too interested in owning another...so far I would buy a 2nd Lexus if in the market.

Quick Reply: 3GS Owners: How happy are you now?