GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: 3GS Owners: How you do really feel about your purchase?
Ecstatic. Perfect. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommended. Would buy again.
36.53%
Pleased. A few things here and there really bother me, but overall pretty good.
47.03%
Meh. So, so. As bad as it is, it was the best of the lot in this price range.
5.94%
Disappointed. I can live with it, but I'll be looking to trade or sell soon.
7.31%
Furious. Worst decision I've ever made with $50k. Not recommended. For sale/already sold.
3.20%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

3GS Owners: How happy are you now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 05:05 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
I love the car.... just bored with it.... not much other than wheels / springs / sound system that I can really do to the car,.... and I've already done those things.... I'm still feeling the fallout of not having a tuner car.
I don't think this is the type of car that needs much else done. Start working on another set of wheels. Color match the next set. Then you can change back and forth when you're bored.
Old 09-17-07, 09:22 AM
rozGS430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the car a lot. I didn't even consider a 350...i wanted the 430 for several reasons included but not limited to:

1. Nobody else has it.
2. I wanted a V8 no questions asked.

A few things i would change...

1. I would like to be able to change the NAV, use the telephone and watch DVDs while in motion.
2. I would like to have the sunroof and interior lights buttons lit as well as the lights on the steering wheel.
3. I would like the lights inside and outside of the car to be brighter
4. I would like the manumatic transmission to be tighter. I had an '03 330Ci Coupe with the Steptronic. That banged into gear immediately. This car automatically shifts into 4th when you go into manu- mode. Why is that? And it shifts backwards (at least to me)....down upshifts, up downshifts.
5. I think the voice recignition in this car is a joke. This needs to be totally reworked.
Old 09-17-07, 12:14 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a GS350 owner for just about 1 year, I voted pleased, as I am really pleased. There are just a couple of issues for me and basically I am comparing my GS350 to my 99 GS300. I was Ecstatic with my 99 GS300 after 1 year of ownership. The interior feel of the GS350 is not quite as nice as the 99 GS300. And I felt that the 2nd Gen GS was tighter and less prone to rattles as compared to the GS350.

With all of that said, If I were buying today, I'd still get the GS350 AWD - I mean what else is there in the $50k Price range?- I might take a look at the Acura RL, but it really has a boring look to it and I doubt I'd buy one. And it will probably be a cold day in hell before any German car reliability catches up to the Japanese. If I wanted to save a bunch of money, I'd probably give the new Honda Accord a real serious look. I saw one this weekend that was fully loaded with a sticker of $28K with Nav. Probably could be had for around $25K - A lot of car for $25K!
Old 09-17-07, 01:08 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

I've always wanted a GS 300 (Since the originals came out way back in the day). It's been my dream car for so long. I ended up going into Lexus thinking of getting the IS250 and somehow I managed to come out with a GS350. I have no complaints so far. I honestly dont think there is any other car on the road right now (in its class/price range) that looks better or has a better interior.
Old 09-17-07, 02:49 PM
aldousmh
Driver School Candidate

I loved my GS 300 2007 ,i went traveling about 6000 kilometer on it and it was great to drive but the only thing bather me was the Nav system restriction and DVD , phone and the space for the head , overall i loved it .
Old 09-17-07, 02:56 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
I love the car.... just bored with it.... not much other than wheels / springs / sound system that I can really do to the car,.... and I've already done those things.... I'm still feeling the fallout of not having a tuner car.
I hear this over and over again. Boredom is a real issue for performance oriented drivers.

BMW + manual tranny = fun.

If lexus offered a manual GS sport edition like the G35 they might have something.

Even the IS500 will be a bore with an auto.
Old 09-17-07, 04:24 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by sdbrandon
I hear this over and over again. Boredom is a real issue for performance oriented drivers.

If lexus offered a manual GS sport edition like the G35 they might have something.

I agree that manual trannies are fun and offer more driver involvement, but how many would Lexus actually sell if one were offered? My guess is a very small %, making it not a very good business proposal. Probably into single digits, way less than 10%.
Old 09-17-07, 05:15 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Jace....74k???? Dude that's some dough for a 450h...I didn't realize they went for that much....don't the LS's sell for 70-80k? Maybe it was 47k....but that what the AWD's go for....

Not to get off the post topic...love my GS 350 AWD!!!

Last edited by BKE420; 09-17-07 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-17-07, 05:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 135 Likes on 102 Posts

BMW sells only 8% manual transmissions in USA... I think that gives you an idea :-).
Old 09-17-07, 09:32 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

There are two things I'd like to point out.

1) The GS' compeitor is the M35/45 not the G. The M35/45 does not offer a manual version.

2) There is no such thing as an IS500. IS-F there is.
Old 09-18-07, 08:45 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
BMW sells only 8% manual transmissions in USA... I think that gives you an idea :-).
BMW is even smarter by charging automatic as an Option to rack in more money, even the x5 3.0i comes with manual stock, of course US side never sees any of those cars.

this is all before Chris bangle decided to come in and mess things up.
Old 09-18-07, 09:00 AM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whlkev
BMW is even smarter by charging automatic as an Option to rack in more money, even the x5 3.0i comes with manual stock, of course US side never sees any of those cars.

this is all before Chris bangle decided to come in and mess things up.
I think Lexus is smarter by making a Reliable car. - If I wanted fun, I might rent a go-cart. As it is, I'll take a refined, problem free Lexus. Otherwise, I'd probably be on a BMW forum.
Old 09-18-07, 09:10 AM
whlkev
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
I think Lexus is smarter by making a Reliable car. - If I wanted fun, I might rent a go-cart. As it is, I'll take a refined, problem free Lexus. Otherwise, I'd probably be on a BMW forum.
why do you think i am here
Old 09-18-07, 11:31 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMWs are just fun to drive regardless if it's auto or manual.
Old 09-18-07, 01:13 PM
porkiepig1
Driver School Candidate

ive had my gs for about a week and i feel that ive already had a good look into the car. first of all we all need to be patient with the new parts to come out for performance, obviously some of us are just waiting for something to put on that will really boost the engines performance. seriously some people will never be satisfied with the stock amount of horsepower a car has. second of all, there will always be some way to make a car fun to drive. to be bored of a car after a few thousand miles is saying that you purchased the wrong car. yes it has little head room, a high stock suspension and a limited dvd system, but the more features you change, the more problems you will encounter in the future. just admit it, this car just isnt for some people. for me, i personally love the car and was waiting for a long time go get mine, a total of a year, i chose to be different and i traded a BMW 335I coupe to get a GS 350 so obviously im not too inspired of german cars. but to keep the integrity of the stock set-up of the audio system intergration is required and it is costly. wheels and suspension is a key factor in ride feel, the only change for suspension available is for sport driving, i may be wrong. intakes and exhaust modifications are available but nothing further recently. in all the car has potential, just hope you have the money to bring it out. i still have much to learn, im sorry if anyone can correct me. there is only limited information out there that i have found.

Quick Reply: 3GS Owners: How happy are you now?