GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS bodykit with an LS style rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-07, 02:08 PM
Silverbo1t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS bodykit with an LS style rear bumper?

I saw a GS on the street the other day. He was driving by, and I couldnt help but notice how sexy the bodykit was! Just as he drove by, I was shocked to see the rear bumper! The rear bumper had an exhaust tips that were in the back bumper, just like the LS. Does anyone know what kind of kit that is?
Old 09-03-07, 02:19 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

was it this the car?

Last edited by AznRacer; 09-03-07 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-03-07, 03:09 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah man. lexus needs an LS style bumper for the GS. Not just a body kit that looks glued on.
maybe they'll put one in before 2012.......

or maybe some aftermarket company can manufacture this.
I'm sure it'd be a hot seller.

Last edited by dunnojack; 09-03-07 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-03-07, 04:32 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

exiv concept has a kit like this one.
Old 09-03-07, 04:35 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

wow that is a sick looking GS.
Old 09-04-07, 12:25 AM
Silverbo1t
Driver School Candidate

Thats it!!! Whats the name, and where can I buy it?
Old 09-04-07, 08:32 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2564

you can get it there.
Old 09-04-07, 08:42 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

wish i was rich
Old 09-04-07, 10:26 AM
Silverbo1t
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone for all the info, and pointing me in the right direction. This is what I've learned so far.

There are three options, the afEXE, the Exiv Concept, and the VIP Edition replica kit. The Exiv and afEXE seem to be identical. The VIPedition only shares the same rear, everything else is different. The rear is actually a lower lip / add-on. The black and white picture from the top... second one at the top of the thread is photoshopped. They extended the rear bumper to make it lower with a larger exhaust tip, and molded the lower add-on to make it look like its all one peice.

I dont know about Exiv and afEXE, but the VIP edition's exhaust tips arent directly connected to the exhaust. The exhaust is behind the bumper, shooting at the back of the bumper, and through the LS style tips. There shouldnt be any damage to the car with this setup. If you want it to be fully connected, an exhaust shop can easily weld a flexiable pipe to connect the two together.
Old 09-04-07, 11:40 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silverbo1t
There are three options, the afEXE, the Exiv Concept, and the VIP Edition replica kit. The Exiv and afEXE seem to be identical. The VIPedition only shares the same rear, everything else is different. The rear is actually a lower lip / add-on. The black and white picture from the top... second one at the top of the thread is photoshopped. They extended the rear bumper to make it lower with a larger exhaust tip, and molded the lower add-on to make it look like its all one peice.
if they had a one piece rear bumper, i'd buy it.

it's got the factory look.
Old 09-04-07, 12:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the info, and pointing me in the right direction. This is what I've learned so far.

I dont know about Exiv and afEXE, but the VIP edition's exhaust tips arent directly connected to the exhaust. The exhaust is behind the bumper, shooting at the back of the bumper, and through the LS style tips. There shouldnt be any damage to the car with this setup. If you want it to be fully connected, an exhaust shop can easily weld a flexiable pipe to connect the two together.
imho you definitely don't want to do that. exhaust flexes and moved around when you drive. if you weld it to the tips that are integrated into the bumper, i don't think that's a good idea at all. on the ls460 the tips are just a garnish on the bumper, the exhaust (tip) is inside, isolated
Old 09-05-07, 01:06 AM
Silverbo1t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dunnojack
if they had a one piece rear bumper, i'd buy it.

it's got the factory look.
It can always be molded on the stock bumper. No aftermarket kit will fit as perfect as the factory bumpers, so what I always do with all my cars is leave it, and just mold a kit on top of it

Its more money, and takes more time at the shop to have it done, but its worth it. But if you dont have it done right, then you'll be left with alot of stress cracks, and expensive visits to the bodyshop.
Old 09-05-07, 01:11 AM
Silverbo1t
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
imho you definitely don't want to do that. exhaust flexes and moved around when you drive. if you weld it to the tips that are integrated into the bumper, i don't think that's a good idea at all. on the ls460 the tips are just a garnish on the bumper, the exhaust (tip) is inside, isolated
The LS's exhaust tips arent connected to the ones on the outer bumper? Not that I dont believe you, but I wanna see that for myself.

There have been a number of aftermarket bumpers for other cars with integrated muffler tips, long before the new LS design ever came out. Those kits all had a special flexible type of tube/pipe that connected from the muffler, to the outer muffler tips. Since its very flexible, there wasnt any stress or vibration to the outer tips on the bumper.
Old 09-05-07, 01:25 AM
808 GS
Rookie

The LS's exhaust tips arent connected to the ones on the outer bumper? Not that I dont believe you, but I wanna see that for myself.

There have been a number of aftermarket bumpers for other cars with integrated muffler tips, long before the new LS design ever came out. Those kits all had a special flexible type of tube/pipe that connected from the muffler, to the outer muffler tips. Since its very flexible, there wasnt any stress or vibration to the outer tips on the bumper.
You don't think heat would create a problem if they were directly connected?
Old 09-05-07, 09:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am very sure. you look inside the opening on the bumper and there is the real "tip" inside

Quick Reply: GS bodykit with an LS style rear bumper?