GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS 450h color availability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-07, 09:29 AM
5vetteman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS 450h color availability?

Hi,

My local dealer told me that I can only get an '07 GS 450h in silver or black. Although black is my second choice, I would like the smoky granite mica. They said because they were low production those were the only colors they have made them in, and even if I ordered one, I can still only get silver or black.

I see on this forum people have other colors. Is this dealer yanking my chain for some reason, or in there any truth to this?

I emailed Lexus this morning. I am waiting for their reply now.

Thanks for the help!

Rick
Old 01-15-07, 09:47 AM
LexusLst07
Driver School Candidate

I ordered mine in Black Sapphire Pearl.

They didnt say I couldnt get it in that color, so i find no reason why they cant get you another color.

Maybe they are trying to get rid of those 450's
Old 01-15-07, 01:42 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Those are the 2 colors they make more of. I have a silver.
They might only have those specific allotments available to them. I would believe them with what they are saying.
But I also think, if you looked around, and searched for a dealership hard enough you could probably find the color you want.
Old 01-15-07, 04:19 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Must be that dealer. The 450h in Hawaii has em in White and silver.
Old 01-15-07, 07:40 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

They are lying to you! I spoke to two dealers and both said that I could order any color I wanted, but it may take up to 8 weeks to get it in that color; more if I ordered some of the more exotic options.

Of course, the catch is that they would likely not deal much on the car you order vs. the one they have in stock and are desperate to get rid off.
Old 01-16-07, 07:06 AM
5vetteman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the help guys!

I called another dealer in my state, and they said a month or so ago, Lexus started taking orders for black or silver only, so unless I can locate one with all the options in the smoky granite mica, I guess I will go with black.

Thanks again!

Rick
Old 01-17-07, 03:28 AM
5vetteman
Driver School Candidate

I ordered it! I used to have a GS 400. I should never have let it go. I can't wait for the new one!

Rick
Old 01-17-07, 06:28 AM
kiwi-in-dc
Driver School Candidate

I ordered mine a month ago in Black Sapphire Pearl - I had the option of *ANY* color I wanted, I just had to wait until the build it - another 2-3 months to go :-(

My dealer told me that 90% of what they build is black and silver so the allotments the dealers get are mostly black and silver.

If you want one now, they can probably find one in the color you want somewhere in the US - mine offered to get me a blue one from Seattle, but it didn't have the options I wanted.

If you can wait, just order exactly what you want. If you specify just color and are happy with the standard options, then you'll take about 8 weeks to get it. If you want specific options (esp. the radar cruise and the stability system), you'll wait 3-4 months.

Alastair
Old 01-17-07, 09:02 PM
MarsB007
Driver

How much were you able to get yours down to? They have the 60k version in stock in FL (black/black or silver/black), and got them to drop it to 54500. Good price?
Old 01-17-07, 09:15 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MarsB007
How much were you able to get yours down to? They have the 60k version in stock in FL (black/black or silver/black), and got them to drop it to 54500. Good price?
yes, i believe so.

60K version, so no lazer? ML?
what doesn't it have? b/c mine was 68K sticker fully loaded....with 3M
Old 01-18-07, 05:24 AM
MarsB007
Driver

It's got the ML/Nav, Summer RFT, Spoiler. No Intelligent Cruise or AAAS.

As far as the cruise is concerned, waste of money. We have it on the LS, for the last 4 years, and I'm pretty sure I only used it once.

AAAS... i've never driven a car that had it, so I have no idea what the difference is. Ignorance is bliss... I mainly drive the car in traffic, and I don't frequently drive like a maniac, so any possible handling issue is moot.

Last edited by MarsB007; 01-18-07 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-18-07, 10:14 AM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

It's got the ML/Nav, Summer RFT, Spoiler. No Intelligent Cruise or AAAS.

As far as the cruise is concerned, waste of money. We have it on the LS, for the last 4 years, and I'm pretty sure I only used it once.

AAAS... i've never driven a car that had it, so I have no idea what the difference is. Ignorance is bliss... I mainly drive the car in traffic, and I don't frequently drive like a maniac, so any possible handling issue is moot.
The laser cruise is more of a "hey guess what this can do" feature. I agree I have only used it a handful of times, but glad I bought it, b/c I never had it before and it's just "neat". yes I did say neat.

As for the AAAS, don't drive a car with it, or you won't buy a car without it.
It's an incredible difference and worth every single penny.
Awesome!

And if I had to get the laser, the ML, and the NAV, just to get the AAAS in a package, I WOULD> It's that good.
Old 01-18-07, 07:29 PM
sas
Driver School Candidate

Back in October, every dealer in FL told me I had to take what they were getting (black on black, no ****, no laser cruise). Lexus HQ told me the only area in the country that was getting those two options was the western district. So I ordered mine (silver/black with everything) from CA and had it shipped to FL. I think Lexus' decision to segregate option availability by geographic location is pretty silly. The fact that none of my local dealers were willing to consider ordering what I wanted was annoying. I hope that situation was a temporary one, due to lack of availability, but I was not happy with that aspect of "The Lexus Experience".

I find the cruise more useful than I expected. It's pretty darn good at following at 35-45 mph around town. More patient than I am, anyway... The suspension is definitely worth it for me, not so much for gonzo cornering, but for the way it snugs down the body motion at highway speeds.
Old 01-19-07, 05:26 AM
MarsB007
Driver

Why would black/black be such a popular color in FL? It's 83 degrees outside... and it rains everyday during the rainy season. So besides attracting heat, it gets dirty/water spots every week...

I was told exactly that... only 2 options as far as colors, and none of them have AAAS. I'd probably take the black/black anyway, but I'd like to have AAAS.

Do you guys know any dealer that has one in stock with AAAS?
Old 01-19-07, 06:09 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

That's a great price! Only about $1,200 over invoice. Local dealers in the Washington DC area would not offer anything better than $57,000 on the typically configured 450h with MSRP of $60K (Navigation, ML, lip spoiler, run flats, XM).

I'm picking my car tomorrow in Long Island, New York. Yep, I had to go 300 miles to get $7,200 off MSRP. I'm getting my car for about $300 under invoice, but it's a demo vehicle with 500 miles on it.

Quick Reply: GS 450h color availability?