GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

sounds silly but- Does anybody elses butt hurt sitting in the seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-06, 05:20 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sounds silly but- Does anybody elses butt hurt sitting in the seat?

Ok, it sounds silly, but I swear I have like bruise marks are each cheek. I sit in the seat for like 15mins and when I get out, it feels like something was pressed hard against my butt on the outer edge. Kinda like where a button would be from your back pocket. But I dont have a button. This is killing me.
And if I push on the seat, it feels really soft, so I don't know what I could be hitting. I'm "only" 168lbs so I'm not that heavy.

pls, no butt jokes. I'm serious.
Old 12-22-06, 05:46 PM
sarge43
Driver

Someone posted (I think it was in the ES350 forum) that they had a problem with the base of the seat where it meets the backrest. It was found to be the seat heater and they had an upholstery guy take the seat apart and add more foam to address the issue. Could this be your issue?
Old 12-22-06, 06:03 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

My seats are fine... not sure what it is... maybe a heater pad defect like sarge mentions?????? dunno.....
Old 12-22-06, 06:07 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxgs350
My seats are fine... not sure what it is... maybe a heater pad defect like sarge mentions?????? dunno.....

sarge knows what he is talking about, if you have heated/ventilated seats and are uncomfortable, you may want to get ahold of member... onsknht ....by PM as he posted pics from a Toyota website outlining what was done to add foam to seats. He is on the ES350 forum at times.
Old 12-22-06, 06:56 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. maybe that's it. I wonder if this is something Lexus would cover? I mean, I know it doesnt bother everybody, but if its enough to cause pain...
Old 12-22-06, 07:24 PM
RandalR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by starstreak
Ok, it sounds silly, but I swear I have like bruise marks are each cheek. I sit in the seat for like 15mins and when I get out, it feels like something was pressed hard against my butt on the outer edge.
I felt this way for the first couple of weeks after switching from the RX300. After putting the seat all the way down and most of the way back, it got a lot better. I don't notice any discomfort at all now (even on an eight hour drive to Las Vegas), and I weigh about 190.
Old 12-22-06, 08:35 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

how tall are you? I hope that isnt the only fix for it. I don't want to move the seat all the way back or it'll defeat the purpose of getting the larger car, which is to put a baby seat behind me.

Last edited by starstreak; 12-22-06 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-22-06, 11:28 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I don't have that problem with mine.
Old 12-23-06, 11:09 AM
RandalR
Pole Position

how tall are you? I hope that isnt the only fix for it. I don't want to move the seat all the way back or it'll defeat the purpose of getting the larger car, which is to put a baby seat behind me.

I'm 6'1". When the seat wasn't all the way down and most of the way back, my right leg took a lot of pressure from the seat at the angle at which I had to keep it to maintain my foot on the gas. Now I don't notice that at all. Just play with some seat settings - in particular, moving the seat all the way down to alleviate the pressure on your legs.
Old 12-23-06, 12:13 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

Ah. Mine maybe different than yours. I'm only 5'4. I'm trying with a small baby blanket on the seat and seeing if that will make a difference. if it does, then at least I know its the seat.
Old 12-23-06, 02:34 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

Try swapping out the GS seats with the comfort, articulated backs, front seats from the new 550i BMW.
I so wish I could, I would be in heaven!!!! I would even do it for 2 grand!
I love my seats in the 550i.
The seats in the GS, I feel are to thin, and less luxurious.
Oh well. each car has it's pros and cons with seats.
Old 12-23-06, 03:02 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

lol. for a minute there I thought you meant it.
Old 12-24-06, 02:27 PM
Jace7
Lexus Test Driver

lol. for a minute there I thought you meant it.
if it could be done for a reasonable price and go with the car, I would!
They have a far superior seat than the GS has. IMHO
Old 01-01-07, 11:44 PM
starstreak
Lexus Test Driver

OK, so nobody else has issues? Damn I must have a funny back. Oh btw, at least my butt doesnt hurt. But it feels like something is pushing the very lower part and to the sides of my back. I swear, maybe I'm too short for this car.
Btw, maybe this is it. My Maxima could raise/lower the front and the rear of the seat. But on the Lexus I can only raise/lower the front, and move the whole cair up/down. Is that correct?
Old 04-06-07, 11:40 PM
berisky
Driver School Candidate

Default Driver Seat Uncomfortable -- YES!!

Thank heaven I found this thread! I'm about to pawn off my 3 month old car because I can't get comfortable in the seat!! Butt cheek pain, lower back pain...i've tried 242 different seat positions and nothing works. Love the car. Hate the seats. Look comfortable. Feel lousy. Please chime in.

berisky@aol.com

2007 GS350

Last edited by berisky; 04-06-07 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Add car type

Quick Reply: sounds silly but- Does anybody elses butt hurt sitting in the seat?