GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SomeOne Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-19, 10:39 AM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys so my mechanic just left and we found out that everything is working its my crank sensor thats not sending power to my spark plugs so thats why the car wont turn on so hopefully after i change that everything should work wish me luck bros . again million thanks for all the help and input .
Old 03-02-19, 12:34 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

just change the fuel pump, i changed mine a couple years back, these cars rarely have abnormal diagnostics issues.
Old 03-02-19, 04:48 PM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Desacatao
Ok guys so my mechanic just left and we found out that everything is working its my crank sensor thats not sending power to my spark plugs so thats why the car wont turn on so hopefully after i change that everything should work wish me luck bros . again million thanks for all the help and input .
How did the mechanic diagnose the bad crank sensor..? ODB-II codes, manual testing of the crank sensor (resistance, etc), or something else?

If it really is just the crank sensor, let's get the car back on the road...
Old 03-02-19, 08:39 PM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sbagdon
How did the mechanic diagnose the bad crank sensor..? ODB-II codes, manual testing of the crank sensor (resistance, etc), or something else?

If it really is just the crank sensor, let's get the car back on the road...

He diagnosed everything fuel pump fuel pump connections and everything he actually told me the fuel pump turns on its just the crank sensor is not letting the car turn on i didnt notice if he checked the resistance on it but he did check to see if im getting spark and i wasnt because of the crank sensor . He put the OBD-II on it but couldnt get the codes because i recently threw the battery back into the car because it was dead but he told me it had three codes just that it didnt read it , those three codes i had them there way bfore my issues but i will change the crank sensor tomorrow and will keep you guys updated and lets pray that was the issue .
Old 03-02-19, 08:42 PM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lextout
just change the fuel pump, i changed mine a couple years back, these cars rarely have abnormal diagnostics issues.
I changed the fuel pump , fuel pump relay (EFI) , checked the fuse for the fuel and the ign and they are good , so mechanic did full diagnostics on the car and he ended up saying its my crank sensor now i did read in a different post that it could be one of the reasons why it wasnt turning on for the guy that posted that but i wasnt sure if it would relate to my problem i was having since i thought it was my fuel pump since it wasnt turning on at all .
Old 03-03-19, 03:14 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Desacatao
He diagnosed everything fuel pump fuel pump connections and everything he actually told me the fuel pump turns on its just the crank sensor is not letting the car turn on i didnt notice if he checked the resistance on it but he did check to see if im getting spark and i wasnt because of the crank sensor . He put the OBD-II on it but couldnt get the codes because i recently threw the battery back into the car because it was dead but he told me it had three codes just that it didnt read it , those three codes i had them there way bfore my issues but i will change the crank sensor tomorrow and will keep you guys updated and lets pray that was the issue .
Do you mean he hot-wired the fuel pump to verify that it pressurized the system, or that the car turns on the fuel pump and it wouldn't start?

Odd, the crank sensor should show P0335 and/or P1336. Yet if he says it's the sensor, replace it, and let us know how much and your difficulty level, and if it fixed the issue.
Old 03-03-19, 03:07 PM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Do you mean he hot-wired the fuel pump to verify that it pressurized the system, or that the car turns on the fuel pump and it wouldn't start?

Odd, the crank sensor should show P0335 and/or P1336. Yet if he says it's the sensor, replace it, and let us know how much and your difficulty level, and if it fixed the issue.
Soooooo i changed the sensor which was a headache some how mine was seized up for some odd reason , but i got to swap it out finally still no crank yet i checked the battery and it was at 11vlts so i have it on the charger right now and lets hope i get some crank now i do have a head gasket leak and my spark plugs is filled with oil so ima have to change the plugs and get my head gasket fixed also .
Old 03-03-19, 03:09 PM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

my mechanic didnt hot wire the pump he just checked all the plugs to see if everything is getting power and all and it was good and he checked the pump while it was connected and out the car and had vlts and all so im not sure if he really diagnosed the pump correctly but he told me its actually turning on but the car didnt turn on reason being that i had no spark but for the moment still no luck so im charging the battery right now and lets see if that fixes the issue .