GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Reverse Mirror Tilt

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-18, 10:57 PM
john10166
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Mirror Tilt

Does the 2000 GS 400 have a reverse mirror tilt function? If not, is it able to be programmed by dealer?
Old 11-29-18, 06:36 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

If you mean the passenger mirror tilting down when the car is put into reverse the 2GS does not have that feature. You'd have to do it manually
Old 11-29-18, 08:28 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I have not seen that feature in the dealer tech-stream software. What might be a good alternative is to set your 2nd user button with all of your same normal settings but tilt the mirrors to where you want them and hit that button before you go into reverse.
Old 11-29-18, 08:53 PM
firelizard

Received 422 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by shwalker07
I have not seen that feature in the dealer tech-stream software. What might be a good alternative is to set your 2nd user button with all of your same normal settings but tilt the mirrors to where you want them and hit that button before you go into reverse.

I'd try this but my user setting memory doesn't work.
Old 11-29-18, 10:47 PM
john10166
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input! I've tried using the user setting, however I cannot switch back to normal view when the car is in Drive from Reverse. I'd have to go back to normal mirror view manually or put the car in Park first...
Old 11-29-18, 10:57 PM
john10166
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have some hidden features of the 2000 GS 400? BESIDES automatic windows/sunroof using keyfob unlock button & holding the recirculation/fresh air button for sensitivity control
Old 11-29-18, 11:50 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

You should get the techstream software and a usb OBD 2 cable. Its around $35 online and that is what I use. Besides live data and reading codes, you will have more of these hidden features that you can only adjust with the software such as:

- adjusting the light sensitivity the solar sensor reads for when the auto headlights turn on.
- adjusting the outside beeping sound volume when using the keyless entry.
- program the sunroof to stay closed when holding the unlock button on the master key.
- program the door locks to stop automatically locking the doors when you start to drive (I like this feature to keep those lock actuators lasting as long as they can).
- program the climate control to not turn on the a/c automatically when the "auto" or "front windshield defrost" buttons are pressed.

just to name a few...
Old 11-30-18, 09:11 AM
john10166
Driver School Candidate

You should get the techstream software and a usb OBD 2 cable. Its around $35 online and that is what I use. Besides live data and reading codes, you will have more of these hidden features that you can only adjust with the software such as:

- adjusting the light sensitivity the solar sensor reads for when the auto headlights turn on.
- program the sunroof to stay closed when holding the unlock button on the master key.
- program the door locks to stop automatically locking the doors when you start to drive (I like this feature to keep those lock actuators lasting as long as they can).
- program the climate control to not turn on the a/c automatically when the "auto" or "front windshield defrost" buttons are pressed.

just to name a few...
Thanks! How about features that don’t require the software?
Old 11-30-18, 10:57 AM
Tuanville
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

If it's not on the techstream, there is an after market module that can tilt your mirrors when you put it in reverse. It gives you an option to turn that option on and off.
Old 11-30-18, 12:09 PM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

just to name a few...
Can you provide a link to the software and cable you purchased by chance?
Old 12-01-18, 12:13 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Can you provide a link to the software and cable you purchased by chance?
Its been a few years since I owned mine but they have newer versions of it out now that covers a few more newer models. I would just search "techstream usb" on ebay and you will see some between $15 to $40 shipped.

Originally Posted by john10166
Thanks! How about features that don’t require the software?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ery-known.html

Old 02-17-19, 06:10 PM
john10166
Driver School Candidate

Default Driving Modes

Does anyone know if I could use ECT SNOW mode on rainy days (2000 GS 400)?
Thanks.
Old 02-17-19, 06:43 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Does anyone know if I could use ECT SNOW mode on rainy days (2000 GS 400)?
Thanks.
You can use the snow mode anytime you like if you prefer but when you drive in the rain, the abs and vehicle stability control does a great job without having the snow mode on. I never use snow mode even in the Midwest Chicago snowy winters we have as it just makes the Lexus feel like it is towing a heavy load with the throttle not being very responsive.
Old 02-18-19, 11:51 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Anyone have some hidden features of the 2000 GS 400? BESIDES automatic windows/sunroof using keyfob unlock button & holding the recirculation/fresh air button for sensitivity control
The auto up/down also works from the driver's door key (not sure about the passenger door key). Since holding down the lock form the fob is the panic, being able to close the sunroof/windows all at once from the key is a nice feature, if you're outside the car, and don't want to get in to turn the car to on.

What does the "sensitivity control" do?
Old 02-18-19, 11:58 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Believe that when holding the fob unlock button, the three programmable choices are tilt, back, or none.

Somewhere out there is the delivery docs, that has all the features, that when originally delivered, the dealership will program. Our GS4 has sunroof set to slide-back, fob unlock is once for driver's door and again for all doors, and the car doesn't auto-lock at moving.

Quick Reply: Reverse Mirror Tilt