GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rear Driver Side Door Issues/ecu? - HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18, 12:21 PM
JPrince
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Driver Side Door Issues/ecu? - HELP?

I have a 99 Lexus gs 400
had some actuator issues so I replaced all the motors and they all work ( thank you forums) except the rear driver side.
not only does the lock not (or try to work) but the window does not work either. I can't even remember the last time I even rolled the back windows down. (the passenger's side works)

I have tried using the main driver's control to roll that back left window down and that doesn't work either. all other windows and doors work as they should - with their own unit and with the divers unit.

I have tried swapping actuators, and window switch with passenger side and that does not work either ( i did confirm both rear window switches work).

also tried something I saw where I held it up on the rear and main unit switches then down. that didn't work either.

when hooked up to a meter I do get signal (volts/amperage) with the "hot" (sorry I am kind of a novice- did this with someone experienced).- doesn't appear to have any severed wires visually and with electricity being present.

so, is it the doors ecu? an issue with the main unit, does it have something to do with the main driver's control switch/unit? any advice?
Old 01-17-18, 02:49 PM
BigTurtle
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrince
I have a 99 Lexus gs 400
had some actuator issues so I replaced all the motors and they all work ( thank you forums) except the rear driver side.
not only does the lock not (or try to work) but the window does not work either. I can't even remember the last time I even rolled the back windows down. (the passenger's side works)

I have tried using the main driver's control to roll that back left window down and that doesn't work either. all other windows and doors work as they should - with their own unit and with the divers unit.

I have tried swapping actuators, and window switch with passenger side and that does not work either ( i did confirm both rear window switches work).

also tried something I saw where I held it up on the rear and main unit switches then down. that didn't work either.

when hooked up to a meter I do get signal (volts/amperage) with the "hot" (sorry I am kind of a novice- did this with someone experienced).- doesn't appear to have any severed wires visually and with electricity being present.

so, is it the doors ecu? an issue with the main unit, does it have something to do with the main driver's control switch/unit? any advice?

Hi i have the same issue, on the same door, i swapped the ECU and didn't work one member told me there's a fuse for that door, i haven't checked it, been busy, try that and let me know, im gonna check the fuses this weekend.
The following users liked this post:
JPrince (01-17-18)
Old 01-17-18, 03:12 PM
JPrince
Driver School Candidate

Hi BigTurtle thanks for the reply and good to know the door ECU didn't fix this either. that's interesing i was thinking "could it be a fuse?" but then made the mistake of assuming... assuming one fuse for all or one fuse per side but never per door. I will look into this and let you know what I find and please let me know if you get into this before i do.. that would be awesome if that's all that it was.
Old 01-18-18, 10:28 AM
JPrince
Driver School Candidate

So I changed my fuse, i got a 50/50 result. my window now works, Yay! but not the lock. hope the fuse fixes your problem.
Old 01-28-18, 09:25 PM
BigTurtle
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrince
So I changed my fuse, i got a 50/50 result. my window now works, Yay! but not the lock. hope the fuse fixes your problem.

Yeah that fuse fixed my window and lock issue,