GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hyper Ground System

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-03, 04:25 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hyper Ground System

Has anyone ever seen positive results with this kinda of system.

It looks like these systems are customized for each vehicle....but nothing out for the GS. However, it does exists for the Matrix and some other tuner cars

It claims the following:

Gain Torque and Horsepower
Increase Fuel Efficacy for Better Gas Mileage
Better Throttle Response.
Reduced Emissions.
Brighter Headlights.
Reduced Audio Noise.

More info at: http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-14636.cfm
Old 06-24-03, 04:53 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I made a five wire kit for my G35 and hooked them up to various points on the engine, chassis, and the battery.

Observations:
1. the transmission shifted faster and much smoother than before (biggest difference)
2. gas mileage went up a touch (was getting approx. 18 MPG on the highway (yeah, the G's are thirsty some *****es), now getting just over 19 consistently.
3. idle didn't improve (most others have noted an improvement)
4. the extra wires look good.

I will definitely buy or make a grounding/earthing kit for my next car, which will be the GS 2003 or 2005. The G is a POS and I don't know if will take the plunge and buy a 2003 or wait for the new body style in 2005.
Old 06-24-03, 05:23 PM
shftup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DrewGS4- Here is something for the GS400

Look what I found....and cheap to..

GS400
Old 06-24-03, 05:37 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$160 ain't that cheap

See this one. This one looks much better - http://www.teckkits.com/app_gs400.html

I asked about these in the Lobby last week
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...035#post613035

There is even another one for like $60 that was mentioned on SELOC, but its down right now
Old 06-24-03, 06:01 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

DEX,

I think you had provide the wrong link. Here is what you are looking for....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

I have the "teckkits" grounding kit in my car for the last 3 month. As per my above post:

better throttle response and smoother shifting on my GS430

Teckkits grounding system is designed by one of the CL member. Good trust worthy guy. Price is very reasonable as well. The quality of the kit is top notch in electronic standard.

Last edited by Kajukenbo; 06-24-03 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-24-03, 06:11 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Kajukenbo
DEX,

I think you had provide the wrong link. Here is what you are looking for....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1
Yep - Thanks. Too many copy and pastes
Old 06-24-03, 06:38 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Also from eautoworks... an HKS universal kit, $125.95
HKS Universal grounding kit
Old 06-24-03, 07:52 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

I have the kit installed in my gs430.
go to www.sunautomobile.com for best price.
I believe their price is $140 for m kit which is right size for gs300 and gs430.
I do have noticed better overall performance. You have to try different grounding point to find best performance. Also hyperground system is only one that has patent on their daisy chain method. There are other ground systems but it has all the cables attached from one source extended out to various ground points. Hyperground system, you just connect the ground cables in daisy chain matter and you are good.
XS engineering installs them on many of their cars and I read about 3 articles on magazines where they did the test and it showed anywhere from 2 hp to 20 hp gain. You will gain more with force induced engines but they overall rated this product excellent.
Good luck.
Old 06-24-03, 10:47 PM
girvan
Rookie

Truly amazing!

So with all of the millions of dollars of Toyota research budget and certification programs a $10 dollar collection of wires sold for $130 can make such a difference?

I suppose they can also explain why without these magic wires the lost horsepower didn’t burn out the catalytic converter and clog the exhaust system? 20Hp of lost power = terminal pollution.

Why don’t they sell their secret to Toyota? It must be worth millions in helping fuel consumption, power and pollution.

Better yet spend the money instead on a set of brass plated “gold” plastic emblems. Although they only cost 50c to make, at least people will be aware of your stupidity. I’m sure the car will feel much faster just like it does after you wash it.

I guess the crowd from the CD magic marker pen scam ran out of customers. I'm trying hard to be polite.

PS I do know all about EMI and grounding.
Old 06-24-03, 10:59 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally posted by girvan
Truly amazing!

So with all of the millions of dollars of Toyota research budget and certification programs a $10 dollar collection of wires sold for $130 can make such a difference?

I suppose they can also explain why without these magic wires the lost horsepower didn’t burn out the catalytic converter and clog the exhaust system? 20Hp of lost power = terminal pollution.

Why don’t they sell their secret to Toyota? It must be worth millions in helping fuel consumption, power and pollution.

Better yet spend the money instead on a set of brass plated “gold?plastic emblems. Although they only cost 50c to make, at least people will be aware of your stupidity. I’m sure the car will feel much faster just like it does after you wash it.

I guess the crowd from the CD magic marker pen scam ran out of customers. I'm trying hard to be polite.

PS I do know all about EMI and grounding.
who are you to call me stupid man. I dearly hope you are not.
If I mistaken your opinion then I am sorry but I do not appreciate you calling me stupid for just giving my honest opionion on the product and also what I read from a magazine. I was just sharing an information to my fellow cl member which had question. If your reasoning is right, then why toyota or any other manufactures make their cars better using all the aftermarket products? They have resources to make even better cars. I believe there are a lot of reasons for car makers to make cars the way they are made.
If you doubt me about quoting the results that I read, why don't you call xs engineering and have them show you the dyno proof of their tests. I can even go and dig my magazine collections and post scanned article to you if you want. You should not be so confident about your opinion to a point that you think you know everything. I DO believe you have better knowledge about the grounding and emi then me, but isn't there a slight chance that there are other people who might know more than you?
just my 2cents.

Last edited by kapdori; 06-24-03 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-24-03, 11:23 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

I just digged up my magazine pile and here is what I have found.
On april 2003 of turbo magazine on page 86 they post an article on hyper ground system.
It says that Eric Hsu from XS engineering call them and told them about the kit.
To make long story short, they post various dynos for various cars, 02 suzuki aerio, 02 honda s2000, 95 mazda rx-7 twin turbo. rx7 gained the most since I guess it is the most heavily modded car. most gain is at 6500 rpm of 15 horses. Even on suzuki max gain was 3.9 horses.
It sums up by saying that " Overall, we were amazed at the power gains these cars generated with the hyper ground system". they do however recommend that dyno tuning with various ground points to maximize the gains.
Unless, they are lying on the article, I believe having good grounding system is beneficial especially if you have heavly modded car. Also they did an article on July of 2003 with 350z and it gained 3.8 peak hp and max gain of 4.8 at 5100rpm.
If turbo magazine is getting paid hefty sum of money to post results like these from hyper ground system, then I AM stupid. Maybe they are but I would like to believe that magazine like that would not risk their reputation to post false articles with test numbers.

Last edited by kapdori; 06-24-03 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-24-03, 11:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Guys lets please keep the conversation on specifics of the topic at hand, NOT on the people discussing the topic, your opinion of their intelligence, or your opinion of their opinion of your intelligence.
Old 06-24-03, 11:31 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

I am sorry if I had caused something. But I was just stating what I know.
I do appologize if I took it the wrong way.
But if anyone wants to find out more about the product then I hope the information that I gave helps.

Last edited by kapdori; 06-24-03 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-25-03, 04:53 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am convinced that this will help my throttle response. I ordered the kit from www.teckkits.com for a total price of $86.50

They accept paypal.

I ordered them in blue to match the color of my car....so even if they doesnt work...at least it will look good.

Thanks for everyone feedbacks....and dex for initially kicking of this topic.
Old 06-25-03, 09:40 AM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys REALLY REALLY don't want to get my opinion on this. But here it goes:

Some of you guys may have heard me tell this story so bear with it. In November of last year, I installed the Hyperground cables in my Nissan Maxima. The car is NOT stock. It has Direct Port Nitrous injection, totally redone auto tranny with VB mod, Level 10 TC (which we all know is PI), Kevlar bands and clutches, Y pipe, RT cat, comptech muffler on a custom cat-back exhaust. Those are just the performance upgrades on the car. The car is a sleeper that has ran 13.3 @108mph on 16" cheapo falken street tires, full stereo in the trunk, spare still in, full leather interior, and half a tank of pump gas. Bottom line was that the car was not a slouch and being a car nut I installed most of the mods myself.

Anyway, that's the background. The day before thanksgiving last year, I decided to run outside and install the Hyperground system that I bought a week earlier and hadn't had the time to put in. I followed the directions exactly even using their suggested grounding points. When I went to fire the car off, nothing. I checked and re-checked everything, and still nothing. The car turns over, but doesn't fire. It sounds like a car that has jumped timing or something. Turning over but without the regular smooth cycle. Just coughing and spiting the whole way. I spent the next three days literally under the hood of the car trying to find the problem. I had 3 different friends over with their max's and we used parts out their running cars (which was awful risky) to try and track down my problem. Nothing. I took the car to the dealer. They chocked all over it when I opened the hood. Two Nissan Master techs worked on it for 2 weeks, only to give up and say they couldn't fix it. I have since taken it to 3 performance shops. The latest being the "top" Nissan performance shop in the state. They have now had my car for over 4 months. Still no fix.

I have spent now almost $2k on DIAGNOSING the problem, without a fix. I have a gut feeling that something arched and caused a wire to fry in the main wiring harness. Don't know how when the battery was totally out of the car, as suggested per the instructions, but that's just my gut.

Bottomline, IMO, it's not worth the time. I seriously doubt that the performance gains promised are there. Yes, maybe a little brighter headlights, better stereo, etc. 20hp, no way. Unless your car had terrible grounds to begin with.

I have one positive thing to say about Hypergrounds......It lead me to buy my Lexus! After my car was down for about a two months, I decided to buy me a nice daily driver and retire the max to track duty only, and I set my eyes on getting a GS400. So in a way, I'm glad I installed the grounds in my old car!

Quick Reply: Hyper Ground System