GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 03:47 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CRASHMONK
Intake looks good. I wonder how far the Toms ecu can take a person. Just thinking aloud, at what point does it make sense to just go full standalone?

Damn i miss spanking my GS. I now have a 4.7 tundra as my daily...
i dread the day i have to tune a standalone from scratch. dont forget the trans has to be controlled and programmed also. i have alot of respect for the engineers that set these things up from the factory for reliability. plus my research shows that toms in japan was in cooperation with toyota for doing the reflash. thats how they are able to access the code to get into the ecu's. yes im sure a standalone would open up any possibility but so far i haven't needed a stand alone.
Old 06-21-18, 03:10 PM
boostroost
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how is it running with your new y-pipe setup?
Old 06-23-18, 05:29 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Okay, so heres the results of the TOM'S reflashed ecu. its nuts. after i installed it i let it warm up to operating temp till the fans came on than let it sit in drive for 3 minutes. than proceeded to run along side an abandoned road close by where i hit 120 mph without effort. so stock 112mph speed limit is a thing of the past. than after some more runs discovered that my usual 16 psi boosting at WOT is now hitting 19psi and afr still safe. also, the afr has now gone from 10:1 at WOT to 11:1 which is awesome. all around it was a good investment. and this is in 100 degree heat down here in texas right now. my next project is wiring up the fic6 so i can install a 4'' intake pipe to existing 4'' custom intake i did so the turbos can gulp in more air easier. than see how that does. oh yaaa
Old 08-15-18, 07:27 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

update. the last two days my car started making a very odd howl noise when backing up and shifting into gear while turning. it started two days ago but today i had one of my coworkers replicate the drive conditions when the sound occurs while i sat on the engine with my legs dangling so i could be close to the source of noise. i discovered that when the sound occurred my ac clutch stopped spinning. so at first i was like ok, locking up compressor clutch. i almost decided to pull the trigger on a new compressor even though my a/c was ice cold with no problems. i than decided to test it with a/c off to verify sound goes away. than i turned the a/c back on while driving back and forth in my work parking lot when all of a sudden my coworker started yelling at me the same time my battery light came on. i looked out my side window to see my harmonic balancer pulley rolling across the parking lot. wtf!!! my balancer took a crap and the pulley part separated from the part bolted to the crank. the noise i was hearing was the harmonic balancer slipping on the hub portion the engine rotates. the worst part b/c its a 2jzgte, and that i demand oe parts is that is cost about 400 bucks and is special order from toyota. geez. but!!!! im so lucky it happened in the parking lot at idle conditions instead of 80 mph, and 5,000 rpms. when that pulley could have destroyed everything in front of my engine while it decided to let go. come to find out the life expectancy of those balancers is about 15 years. its an aristo swap motor so thats about right.
Old 08-16-18, 05:10 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Thats a common problem with the oe balancers. Get a new one from ATI or Titan and be done with it.
Old 08-16-18, 05:36 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

So is that a part to add to the replacement list for sure when buying a GTE engine?
Old 08-16-18, 08:50 AM
Letsride

Yes I do. Everyone that I swap I change to the Titan Pulley.....

This one........

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/timoda2jcrpu.html
Old 08-16-18, 11:27 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Thanks for the info Letsride
Old 08-16-18, 11:31 AM
Letsride

No problem.
Old 09-13-18, 11:59 AM
F1GS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badblackgs
Hi. took on a 2jzgte aristo swap complete with engine, trans, aristo ecu with some aristo body connectors. the problem is, theres a crap load of cut wires with no connectors on them. im surprised as many other connectors fit properly with my gs430 body harness. but im kinda screwed not having any idea which actual connectors and pins go to which wires. if someone who knows someone can post some pics of what yours or your photo archives have, thatd be more than appreciated. I've got alot of wiring schematics printed out for both vehicles, but kinda getting frustrated. remember. this is a gs430. not the plug and play gs300 aristo swap thats all over the internet. thanks!!!
Anyway i can get in touch with you I am currently doing a 2jz gte vvti swap on my GS400 and currently am having allot of wiring mysteries and cannot find any specific information and you seem to be the only guy with it regarding A/C, shift lock, e-shift, ECTpwr, etc... Any help would be life changing
​​​​​​
Old 05-03-19, 06:55 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

so my stock twins have been acting up and that ain't cool. sometimes boost, sometimes not. sometimes weird hard shifts at part throttle, sometimes not. could still hear my stock bypass valve making the cool whoosh sound but boost pressures were all over the place. fixed that shizznit. turbosmart to the rescue with some custom fabrication. back in business and pulling harder than hell. oh ya!!!!
Old 05-16-19, 07:21 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

getting my affairs in order to go single. wanted to rock the safc 2 for the time being to pull some fuel up top after 4k rpms to lean out a bit for more power. great place to hide the safc.
Old 05-16-19, 07:29 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

stock stall at 2200 rpms going thru the motions. got my 3200 stall converter in today and going to install real soon. wanted to get some before and after vids of just cruising.
Old 06-29-19, 07:17 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default radiator upgrade

here in texas in hot temps last week i was out romping my 2j and for the first time saw my temp gauge move slightly. thats all i needed to see to go down the rabbit hole of all aluminum radiators. did the research. almost bought the supra radiator than did the mods to make work. than found an all aluminum 3 row radiator built for the aristo. oh yaaa!!!!!. only mod ill have to do i think is getting my gs430 fans to match up to mounting holes. some of the holes look similar. ill see when i install this week. this radiator does not have internal trans cooler. fine with me. i bypassed the stock trans cooler years ago when i had the high stall converter in my supercharged build with the a650e. i have a large trans cooler out front of condenser. once i install the new radiator ill update pics. but this thing seems well made. good welding and has provision for swapping over the temp sensor.

Old 07-03-19, 10:14 AM
2jshev
Driver School Candidate

Who makes the rad? and where did you get it?

Quick Reply: Aristo swap gs430. (**** biter)