GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-17, 04:19 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners

hello i really want to get the greddy supercharger off a 04 ls430. engine is a 3uz-fe same as sc430 and gs430 from what i have been told. kit is a straight bolt on kit. should bolt right on from what i was told. issue is e-mange is old and out dated that is what is used to tune it. problem is not sure if it work on a gs or any other 3uz for that matter. i called greddy they said if it came from japan which it did then it wont work on usa cars. but i thought they where all from japan ? not sure if the guy knows what hes talking about at all. kept telling me i dont know i dont know to every questions. its old product so i guess.... long story short if i get this kit which i really want for more power and for looks... cause im building a show car. does anyone on the forum know if this kit with e mange will work.... on a 2001 gs430 anyone that can help me with this most appropriated. so pretty much the main issue is getting ecu tuned for it to work according to greddy e mange is what give v8 more power by telling it how much fuel to run..

so does anyone know if this kit works on our cars or does anyone know of a flash / piggyback system that will allow shop to tune the car after.. please please please help you guys.. i saw somewhere on here guy with sc430 had same kit installed. but he didnt put anything after having it done weather or not it worked or not or issues following..
Attached Thumbnails please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners-1959619_10153917499545537_1071185348_n.jpg   please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners-13259996_1079870488747380_7785652072472989382_n.png   please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners-14517425_1176054759128952_7549439648481887340_n-1-.png  
Old 06-21-17, 05:08 PM
firelizard
Forum Moderator

Received 461 Likes on 365 Posts

There was no GS430 in Japan, only the Aristo with 2JZ. If they told you it might not fit it's because they haven't tested it and there may be issues. In theory though, it should be a direct bolt-on because as you say, the 3UZ in the GS is essentially the same as in an SC430/Soarer or an LS/Celsior or a Crown Majesta. Any tuner that works (for forced induction) on the GS/3UZ can tune for this supercharger, it doesn't have to be the GReddy model.
Old 06-21-17, 09:24 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

firelizard i called a couple local tuner shops and they told me they dont know if they can do anything with it. they said they dont know how they can tune the ecu unless they have piggyback for it. do you know of any tuner for this car ? that you could recommend. i know there are other to have added superchargers to there cars not sure how they got it tuned. they never respond back to me seems like there hatting they want to be the only ones with it. lol
Old 06-22-17, 07:00 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mogoes49
firelizard i called a couple local tuner shops and they told me they dont know if they can do anything with it. they said they dont know how they can tune the ecu unless they have piggyback for it. do you know of any tuner for this car ? that you could recommend. i know there are other to have added superchargers to there cars not sure how they got it tuned. they never respond back to me seems like there hatting they want to be the only ones with it. lol
what price point will you be paying for that supercharger? If it's high then you might want to go the route of badblackgs. Check out his thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...own-gs430.html
Old 06-22-17, 09:32 AM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

You will probably have to get a piggyback. I have an Apexi Neo with a boomslang harness that plugs right into the ECU.

Unless you want yourself to mess around with trying to fool the ECU by tricking MAF parameters with semiconductor components such as diodes, resistors, capacitors along with boost window switches. No one has made a downloadable map for our ECUs. The TRD superchargers came with pre-set piggybacks that spliced into the ECU for a pre determined set of boost.

With top mount blowers you'll have to inject methanol/water in the intake pipe to cool the charge because you won't have an intercooler like with a centrifugal procharger. This means getting a meth/water kit with aux tank or maybe using the window fluid reservoir with a stronger pump and sacrificing that window cleaning feature. You will always have to fill it up and probably use an aux controller to set the spray pulse.

I'm building my own custom procharger setup for about $2,000 or maybe less. I do already have alot of supporting mods and do my own fabrication. I know not everyone can do this, but if you try to have someone help you then you could probably make something cool for around $3500 or so.

Last edited by GS400V8; 06-22-17 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-22-17, 09:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

it will work.... but like the Tom's SC kit it doesnt make great power for the price point. I have seen several sell bout 4 years ago (maybe more)
Old 06-22-17, 05:13 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mogoes49
You never contacted me!!! Im not really sure what all the greddy emanage does. if that kit comes with stock injectors, than its capable of being fired off on stock everything. yes there would be some maf signal skewing to slightly richen the mixture, but other than that its straight forward. when it comes to timing, i feel that pulling timing defeats the purpose of seeking more power from a supercharger. the trick is to slow down the flame front to stop the pre ignition. thats why i've never gone after pulling timing. just spray a crap load of water in there and let it cool the combustion.
Old 06-23-17, 07:12 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS400V8
You will probably have to get a piggyback. I have an Apexi Neo with a boomslang harness that plugs right into the ECU.

Unless you want yourself to mess around with trying to fool the ECU by tricking MAF parameters with semiconductor components such as diodes, resistors, capacitors along with boost window switches. No one has made a downloadable map for our ECUs. The TRD superchargers came with pre-set piggybacks that spliced into the ECU for a pre determined set of boost.

With top mount blowers you'll have to inject methanol/water in the intake pipe to cool the charge because you won't have an intercooler like with a centrifugal procharger. This means getting a meth/water kit with aux tank or maybe using the window fluid reservoir with a stronger pump and sacrificing that window cleaning feature. You will always have to fill it up and probably use an aux controller to set the spray pulse.

I'm building my own custom procharger setup for about $2,000 or maybe less. I do already have alot of supporting mods and do my own fabrication. I know not everyone can do this, but if you try to have someone help you then you could probably make something cool for around $3500 or so.
I was going to go the Apex'i route and then was advised against it. The Apexi doesnt have the fuel tuning compatibility that will be needed for you to be able to get the most power out of your setup. I went with the MAPECU3, this is what figs has running on his stoked 3uz with TRD supercharger.
Old 06-23-17, 07:14 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by badblackgs
You never contacted me!!! Im not really sure what all the greddy emanage does. if that kit comes with stock injectors, than its capable of being fired off on stock everything. yes there would be some maf signal skewing to slightly richen the mixture, but other than that its straight forward. when it comes to timing, i feel that pulling timing defeats the purpose of seeking more power from a supercharger. the trick is to slow down the flame front to stop the pre ignition. thats why i've never gone after pulling timing. just spray a crap load of water in there and let it cool the combustion.
Greddy emanage is considered one of the most complete piggyback tuning solutions. Similar to MAPECU3 and AEM FIC.

What are you using to tune your setup?
Old 06-23-17, 07:45 AM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah, procharged intercooled setups don't need the much richer tune and water/methanol that non-intercooled top-mounted roots blowers need. I guess if you're getting serious knock/pre-detonation issues with the roots or past 8psi on either style blower then you might need a tuner that can bend cam/crank signals for retard/advance timing changes.

IIRC Badblack doesnt even use a piggyback. I believe he has larger injectors, sprays water/meth and possibly a 9th fuel injector with an aux controller.

But if I need to use secondary means via different TT mafs, or any of my electronic trick methods above Im good at that stuff

Last edited by GS400V8; 06-27-17 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-23-17, 02:56 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Greddy emanage is considered one of the most complete piggyback tuning solutions. Similar to MAPECU3 and AEM FIC.

What are you using to tune your setup?

Agreed. The Apexi Neo will work but only to a point. Once you start pushing over 7lbs of boost or so you should have a means to retard timing. The FIC8 and Emanage does that. Or, you do what badblack has done and throw in a 9th injector to add fuel when in boost and meth injection to cool down combustion in place of retarding the timing. The oem knock sensors will help to a point but they're not meant to rely on constantly when in boost.

I have the FIC8 and it works great. Just took a while to re-wire the boomslang harness. No Check engine lights for over a year and a half now.

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 06-23-17 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-23-17, 06:43 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

Default Ecu issues ?

So from what was told to me about adding the greddy supercharger kit. For sure i need a piggyback and wire harness other issue is ecu from 01 gs430 and ecu from 04 ls430 if the ecu are the same will work. If not back to maine issue which is trying to get it tuned. I saw some one on the forum add the greddy kit to sc430. But cant seen to locate the user. Kit adds about 55hp i know its not alot but with headers and getting it tuned with exhaust should get me close to 400hp. Enough to make me happy and have one of a kind gs. Cant wait to show you guys my custom parts once i start building this thing.
Old 06-23-17, 06:53 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Spyder78
what price point will you be paying for that supercharger? If it's high then you might want to go the route of badblackgs. Check out his thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...own-gs430.html

Its like 5k bro
Old 06-23-17, 06:56 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badblackgs
e- mange basically controls and tells the ecu how much fuel to run the extra amount of fuel it was allows it to produce more power. According to greddy service rep.
Old 06-26-17, 07:15 PM
mogoes49
Driver School Candidate

thank you all for all your help and advice but sadly i think im gonna pass on greddy kit. no can tell me for sure what will work. and the shop i talked who has dealt with the e mange system says its the worst and it could take several days if not longer just to see if it will work or not. charging 200 a hr looking at couple thousand just to see if they can tweek it for my car. unless it has set up for the gs in it no way to know for sure. really sucks i guess us v8 users are still screwed.

Quick Reply: please help info on supercharger for gs430 owners