GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELPPP i have no idea whats goin on with my windows or my navi

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 05:22 PM
JDM CRESS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPPP i have no idea whats goin on with my windows or my navi

so lets start from the beginning....

about a month ago i purchased a 2002 gs300 sport design with navi and mark levinson audio system. car was in decent shape with low miles so i was sold on it. upon purchase i noticed that the door locks didnt work. you would hear the doors attempt to lock but nothing happened. also, the passenger side front window had some issues. it was sometime-ish. you'd have to play with the switch to get it to work. i installed an audio system in the car but this did not have any affect on the windows, in fact the passenger side front window started working from the master switch all of a sudden. of course that didnt last for very long. eventually it stopped working all together. i decided to test the window it self by giving the motor direct power and ground and it works. window goes up and down, just not from the switch. so after doing some research i found that window switches arent known to go bad on these cars but instead the mpx module box does. so i got one from a working car and decided to install it today..... NO LUCK i even swapped the one from my front driver side door and still nothing. so now i bust out my power probe and start sticking it every where trying to see whats going. i ended up giving power to this yellow wire on the pass side window switch plug and found that the switch works! so now i'm trying to think where it gets power from and why isnt it getting power??? i did a little more probing and gave power to a wire that i shouldnt which resulted in me popping a fuse. it was the pass side window fuse located in the fusebox in front the battery. OK! so now i feel i'm onto something... so i give the same yellow wire power and enjoying the fact the switch works great as long as i give it 12v, so i said let me see if the master switch works it too... press the button and nothing. i then tried to roll down the other windows thru the master switch AND THIS IS WHERE I LOST IT. NONE OF MY WINDOWS WORK NOW! the master switch does nothing. no response at all. i TRIPLE CHECKED all of the fuses thru out the entire car and verified that they are all good. i also turned the key the in driver side door to see if the windows and moonroof would open and close and they do! well except for the pass side window. its goes down but when it goes up it stops about 1/4 of the way and stop(prior to all of this, the pass side front window didnt respond to the key in the door at all.. weird)

so now i'm fcked... none of windows work!!! and to top it off... i noticed my navigation screen now shows a reddish/pink color rather than that factory faded green color. i have no idea what the hell is going on. i locked up the car for the night because i have to head to work. came on here to put up this post with hopes that someone could help.

so just a quick run down...

-none of my windows work with any switch
-window regulators do in fact work (confirmed by turning key in door)
-pass front window goes all the way down but does not go all the way up when key is turned in the door
-door locks don't work, i hear a click and sometimes the rear doors open and sometimes they dont.
-navigation screen changed color... from the original factory green to some kind of alien pinkish red

i'm actually pretty good with wiring but this **** got me stumped. now i'm gonna be at work thinking about it all night. i read threads about reprogramming the windows but i don think it will help me in my case because i tried holding down the switch and nothing happens.
Old 09-09-16, 05:35 PM
JDM CRESS
Rookie

is there something that supplies power to all of the window switches??
Old 09-10-16, 02:05 AM
Bhubb18
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe not related, but who knows. There was a fairly solid plug that I left unplugged when I ran my 0 gauge wiring that gave me odd issues. It was a 2 pin plug that ran near the main wiring loom on the interior side of the firewall (this was on a RHD car though). When I had this unplugged I had AC issues as well as the passengers side window wasn't working and a few other weird things.
Old 09-10-16, 10:48 AM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Sounds like the original problem was only the passenger window switch. Now it sounds like you shorted something out. If all the fuses in the car and under the hood are good I'm hoping you didn't fry the ECU. Hopefully someone with more experience on this will chime in
Old 09-12-16, 09:20 AM
JDM CRESS
Rookie

so theres this yellow wire that goes to both front window switches and i'm assuming this wire is branched off to the rest of the window switches because when i give it 12v with my power probe, all of the windows function properly. now i just need to find out where this wire is supposed to get its power from. i tried searching for a wiring diagram but couldnt find anything.

the ****ty part about this is that once i figure out this wire and fix this issue, i'm back at square one with the pass front window being sometime ish
Old 02-27-17, 07:38 AM
JDM CRESS
Rookie

bump guys i still have this issue. its been cold these past few months so i never bothered to look into it. everything else in my cars work BUT the windows. i cant find any wiring diagrams for this either.
Old 03-21-17, 05:22 AM
Robbuck06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDM CRESS
bump guys i still have this issue. its been cold these past few months so i never bothered to look into it. everything else in my cars work BUT the windows. i cant find any wiring diagrams for this either.
Bbbind.com should have the wiring diagram you're looking for.