GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 04:53 PM
calvinmj12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner

Hello CL

1. Exterior Color = Not sure if aftermarket, Dark Greyish
2. Interior color choice = Tan
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) = SportDesign
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) = Unsure, aftermarket Alpine With Alpine Sub
5. Any modifications = Lowered
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) =First time Lex Owner
7. Location = Sunny SoCal
Old 10-30-14, 04:11 PM
AKGWBver2
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi guys, my name is Shant. Im new to this forum and new to Lexus. Ive been lurking here for a while now so i thought id come on and say hello and join the community. Ive been around the automotive scene for a while. I was competitively drifting for a while and it came to a point where i had to put my money towards some assets and step back a bit. Some of you may of heard of Team Aero-K and Aero-K Garage in sunrise. We specified a lot in 240sx custom builds and fabrications. Anyways, i just picked up my beloved 2000 Gs300. I LOVE IT!! It currently has BC racing coilovers built by chelsea denofa himself, cosmis racing 18x9.5 18x11 wheels, junction produce LED tail lights, LED interior lights, TTE front lip, roof spoiler and a pioneer double din. Car has around 175k but drives like a dream. Hope you guys like it and theres a lot of nice cars on here as well

and this was my s14
Old 10-31-14, 08:17 AM
aristonic
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Hey everyone, I'm Nic and I'm living in Albuquerque, NM. This is the first time I've owned a Lex, but have been wanting one for years. I've owned 6 Hondas prior, and finally decided it was best to get a big boy car. I'm a total noob when it comes to these cars, so I'll probably be asking a ton of "dumb" questions. I used to own a Prelude, and was on preludepower.com, so I'm familiar with forums and how they work. I look forward to learning a lot about my GS, and will try to post every step of my build.

Here's my GS

This was my prelude before I sold it
Old 10-31-14, 08:18 AM
aristonic
Driver School Candidate

^^ Kind of funny that me and this guy had the same wheels on our previous cars
Old 11-02-14, 05:07 AM
Junekowski
Driver School Candidate

WHATS UP, im new, my names June. Im an owner of a 2002 Lexus GS300 Sport. Millenium Silver, Black leather interior with perforated front seats. The piping on them are shiet. It had a previous owner who liked donnell jones apparently and turtle framed ray bans. Car was filthy, but clean and 4k with 152k on the dash. Ive since cleaned the interior and headliner where someone loved palming their bbq sauce hands? And replaced the tires with 225 55R 16 BF TA's hoping down the line some induction comes to play. Ill post some pics when its clean.
Old 11-05-14, 07:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome new members.
Old 11-10-14, 02:51 AM
gsrollin
Driver School Candidate

Default new member to cl

Hi iam Dom im from Canada I own a 99 Gs 400 black exterior black leather imterior . I have an upgraded stereo Jensen type double din with navi and the original nak speakers. Current moda are custom built cat back exhaust system 304 stainless custom gold trim installed/designed by me. 24kt lexus gold emblems n badging. R spec rims, TRD front tower strut bar brace, weapon R dragon intake. Port polished heads and intake manifold, upgraded gaskets, deciding on LSD inserts/gear upgrade haven't decided yet. Engine painted aluminum. Waiting on junction produce pillows, tissue box covers seat covers mirror tsuna rope and seat belt space cover and waiting new rocker panels and rear window spoiler. X Toyota body tech and GMC body tech, intact insurance hail/ crisis team north America, independent appraiaer and estimator/ parts manager seasonal looking to open a detail body shop automotive accessories.
Old 11-12-14, 07:09 PM
nuckles
Driver School Candidate

Talking New guy from So.Cal

Whats up everyone, name is gilbert
I dont own a GS300 yet looking to buy one.... Now before you say anything lol i come a HONDA background ive been trying to make power but yea clown if you want lol
but anyways ive seen these gs300s with 2jz automatic swaps making good power so i figured hell why not give it a try so im on here looking to learn from the right people whats needed!
Any help would be coo!
Old 11-12-14, 07:14 PM
nuckles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aristonic
Hey everyone, I'm Nic and I'm living in Albuquerque, NM. This is the first time I've owned a Lex, but have been wanting one for years. I've owned 6 Hondas prior, and finally decided it was best to get a big boy car. I'm a total noob when it comes to these cars, so I'll probably be asking a ton of "dumb" questions. I used to own a Prelude, and was on preludepower.com, so I'm familiar with forums and how they work. I look forward to learning a lot about my GS, and will try to post every step of my build.
nice lude man i came from a few different honda forums as well such as D-series.org, Club-EL, and the old school SoCalCivic R. I .P i too am deciding to move on
Old 11-14-14, 07:22 AM
darville
Driver School Candidate

Default New To The Forum and a 2GS Owner

I have owned my 1998 GS400 for 18months and love it.

1. Exterior Color - Burgundy
2. Interior color choice - Creme
3. Major Options or special packages (Sport Design, etc) - Stock
4. Audio Options (Nakamich/Mark Levinson or Pioneer) - Nakamichi
5. Any modifications - NONE (Need Ideas)
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc) - Not yet
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing! -
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery) - SOON

I am here to learn as much as I can about this car and any modifications I can make.

Thanks in advance for advice and helpm
Old 11-16-14, 10:03 AM
Scooter123
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up New owner

Hello , Im Scott and just picked up an 02 GS 300 with 80 k .....its Burnished gold and completely stock. I would love to upgrade to chrome 17" 5 spokes if possible and certainly a stereo upgrade as well..........Great forum!!!
Old 11-18-14, 12:48 PM
Tallgeese
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys... my name's Keenan from Maryland. I bought a Crystal White GS300 back in April with 80k and love everything about it except that it's not as fast as the Q45 I had and the ML sub is already blown. But it is more reliable in every way.

Unfortunately I ran over a fox last night and it cracked my front bumper. () I'll probably just buy a replacement from Sewell tho. Lookin' forward to chattin' with fellow 2GS owners and bein' able to modify my car once I graduate from college.
Old 11-24-14, 08:09 PM
DCanady69
10th Gear

Default New to the forum

Hello, My name is Daryl. Just bought a 99 GS400. Black/ tan interior. No mods as of yet, but looking at all you guys have done. I will being making a few changes to her really soon. Looks as though you guys really know about these cars. I have the Pioneer system in her, she really sounds week. I know I'll be changing that out REALLY soon. The pics you guys have up are really giving me good ideas.

Last edited by DCanady69; 11-24-14 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-25-14, 12:47 AM
MOBARISTO
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Hi everyone, Just bought my 94 Aristo 2JZ-GTE on the weekend, but not before I found this site. Its a never ending mountain of info and really appreciate the posts which made my decision to purchase. I never owned one before but I love it. All the credit for the mods go strictly to the previous owner who was really fussy with detail.

1. Exterior color - Pearl White.
2. Interior color - Brown on Cream
3. Major options or special packages - I really dont' know. The owners manual is totally in Japanese
4. Audio options - Clarion DVD, Kicker amp, JL Sub
5. Any modifications - Full body kit, Blitz Boost, Chrome wheels, Adjustable coil overs and suspension ride.
6. Anything I want to mention - Credit to previous owner
7. Country - Australia
8. Pics at my profile

I currently have a thread request from anyone who can help regarding body kit driving lights and would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-14, 09:07 AM
Rollinvip
Driver School Candidate

Cool

hi im teng from AB, canada. I currently own a 99 GS400, since the last 6 months ive owned it ive done the following. myself ..

Engine- port polished heads and valves upper and lower intake manifold
weapon R dragon air intake with cai conversion kit, custom built stainless steel exhaust with high flow cats, and some very special secret sauce cant tell bout hehe, TRD front upper tower strut bar TRD chassis under body 4 point brace, rear upper tower strut bar, TRD radiator 1.3 bar cap with TRD radiator cap cover , TRD 2 tone cnc billet oil cap, TRD titanium gas cap, waiting on... 255 walboro pump upgraded fuel injectors, building custom dual core full aluminium alloy radiator with aluminium tanks attached with ac/ condenser and power steering oil cooler kit-mishimoto aluminium power steering tank upgrade -mishimoto ,aluminium transmission oil cooler -mishimoto with custom aluminium fans waitng on stainless fuel line , brake oil lines transmission tranmission ,painted engine aluminium color.

ECU- HKS FCD, HKS SLD, APEXI SAFC-II waiting on the HKS F-CON IS gonna be here next month waiting for wife to come back and bring it home... and upgraded pscm a week away, cant wait and custom dyno tune next week if parts arrive im praying they will, stay tuned for pics and results

Exterior- Custom black chrome paint job happening in a week from now doing it myself cause my friends are lame too cold outside they say, i say welcome to canada and its a garage so be a man doo the right thing, RTX matte silver/black aluminum 17'' rims on michelin alpine pa3 tires winters here fun in the snow, 24kt gold emblems and badging custom building rocker panels and front and rear bumper valances waiting on materials fml, junction produce door handle covers, waiting for brembo brake caliper covers and drilled brake rotors and pads

Interior- Oem black leather interior waitng on junction produce front and rear seat cushion and covers with the steering wheel cover and floor mats, jenson navi head unit, oem speakers and sub and amp for now, looking for alpine type x speakers and tweeters and infinity subwoofer amp dont know yet suggestions anyone? upgraded LED courtesy door lights

so thats what i have put in so far, lots of hours, from good to bad times and in between with lots of red bull and 5am mornings, yet still lots to do and come. will update/ upload pics soon, if anyone needs some help with parts, custom built parts engine or body works depends on what, or body repair depends on how serious it is i can possibly help you, pm me if your in ab eh

Last edited by Rollinvip; 11-26-14 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 2GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE