GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How did you guys bring in the new year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 01:12 PM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you guys bring in the new year? (see pics)

I brought in the new year by being front-ended by a moron in a minivan. I pull up behind this guy sitting at a stop sign. Probably about 8 feet between his van and the front of my car. We sit there for ~3 seconds and I see his reverse lights come on. At first I think, "what the hell is this guy doing?" Then before I can react he just lays on the gas :eek: :eek:.

And this is what I have to show for it........
Attached Thumbnails How did you guys bring in the new year?-frontend.jpg  

Last edited by Yoda; 01-03-03 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-02-03, 01:12 PM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

Driver's Side.....
Attached Thumbnails How did you guys bring in the new year?-driverside.jpg  
Old 01-02-03, 01:13 PM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

Passenger's Side.....
Attached Thumbnails How did you guys bring in the new year?-passengerside.jpg  
Old 01-02-03, 01:13 PM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

Grill......
Attached Thumbnails How did you guys bring in the new year?-grill.jpg  
Old 01-02-03, 02:01 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OUCH!

hope everything gets settled for you and your car back in good shape.
Old 01-02-03, 02:05 PM
Lvangundy

What happend with the guy?
Old 01-02-03, 02:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

That looked like it hurt.... Does the guys face feel the way your frontend looks?? I hope the best for you and your car for the remaining of 2003..
Old 01-02-03, 03:19 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have witnesses? This guy could easily tell his insurance that you ran into him instead.

I've had people hit me admitting guilt, then give a different story to their insurance. Always get witnesses and try to keep a camera in your car. Even a disposable type is better than nothing.
Old 01-02-03, 03:21 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Which blue is that? The top picture looks different than the others.

Doug
Old 01-02-03, 04:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally posted by doug_999
Which blue is that? The top picture looks different than the others.

Doug
it's spectra blue, all of them look the same in person.

damn that sux man.... yeah always get witness, or better yet, ask that person to write down what he did (front ended you) and make him sign the paper. that's the strongest evidence
Old 01-02-03, 08:58 PM
dnguyen_GS430
Driver

Dude,

I hope he didn't say you rear-ended him and have a wittness. It happened to me about 5 years ago and I did not get a written commitment from him and when the insurance companies trying to settle the case he told them that I rear ended him and I ended up paying for my own car.

Daniel
Old 01-02-03, 11:39 PM
Copout221
Driver

That sucks.....I wonder what he thought when he saw what kind of care he backed into. Make sure you have a police report. If not go get one right now !!!!!!!!! You will be sorry if you don't
Old 01-02-03, 11:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Yoda - that's terrible. Did the driver stick around and did you get the police in? Did the driver say why he/she did it?
Old 01-03-03, 01:09 AM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

The guy who hit me actually handled it very well. Especially considering that I had lightning bolts coming out of my eyes and steam from my ears.....man was I pissed!

He was very apologetic and didn't hesitate to get me the information I requested. I was just waiting for him to annoy me in any little way and I was calling the cops. It was New Year's Eve and 75% of the people are out partying, I suspected he might have had a couple drinks (how else could you be so stupid?). We did have a witness who saw what happened so that always helps.

Anyway, it turned out fine because State Farm called me today and they have already accepted responsibility. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the car into the shop.

Now......

1. Since one of my foglights got broken should I have them both replaced? I've heard you can really see the difference between the two if one is new and the other is old.

2. I had the old style of grill which I chromed myself. Do you think I can get the new style grill that comes already chromed?

3. The headlight has a rubber seal that goes all the way around. The hood pushed into this and cut about 1.5 inches of it. Is that going to cause any problems and should I make sure that gets fixed?

Thanks for all the feedback/support!
Old 01-03-03, 01:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally posted by Yoda
The guy who hit me actually handled it very well. Especially considering that I had lightning bolts coming out of my eyes and steam from my ears.....man was I pissed!

He was very apologetic and didn't hesitate to get me the information I requested. I was just waiting for him to annoy me in any little way and I was calling the cops. It was New Year's Eve and 75% of the people are out partying, I suspected he might have had a couple drinks (how else could you be so stupid?). We did have a witness who saw what happened so that always helps.

Anyway, it turned out fine because State Farm called me today and they have already accepted responsibility. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the car into the shop.

Now......

1. Since one of my foglights got broken should I have them both replaced? I've heard you can really see the difference between the two if one is new and the other is old.

2. I had the old style of grill which I chromed myself. Do you think I can get the new style grill that comes already chromed?

3. The headlight has a rubber seal that goes all the way around. The hood pushed into this and cut about 1.5 inches of it. Is that going to cause any problems and should I make sure that gets fixed?

Thanks for all the feedback/support!
1) it's hard to get them both but i would try. depending on how much chips you get on the lens they might look different.

2) yup, get the new one, it should be easy

3) yup, get it fixed for sure. you do NOT want any leak

Quick Reply: How did you guys bring in the new year?