GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Interchangable UCAs for 2gen GS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13, 05:15 PM
AmistadGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangable UCAs for 2gen GS?

Has any tried UCAs from a different modle lexus that works with no problem.or modifications?
Old 01-24-13, 08:16 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Moog is a good reliable brand to go with.
Old 01-24-13, 10:02 PM
GTE4Life
Rookie

I would also like to know how non factory parts have worked out for other people over long periods of time. I really want to rebuild my whole front end (upper control arms, all bushings, lower ball joints, and inner and outer tie rods ) but even from Sewell all that stuff is like $1500. But I think that the factory must be higher quality or have a lot of r&d that the other companies didn't do.

Does anyone have aftermarket suspension parts that they have had for a LONG TIME with good results?
Old 01-24-13, 10:21 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GTE4Life
I would also like to know how non factory parts have worked out for other people over long periods of time. I really want to rebuild my whole front end (upper control arms, all bushings, lower ball joints, and inner and outer tie rods ) but even from Sewell all that stuff is like $1500. But I think that the factory must be higher quality or have a lot of r&d that the other companies didn't do.

Does anyone have aftermarket suspension parts that they have had for a LONG TIME with good results?
As in my previous comment.. Moog is a good reliable brand to go with. I run Moog LBJ's and Outer Tie Rods on my GS as a few other members do. They're beefier and sturdier than OEM's and also give you more of a stiffer feel than OEM parts do also. If you're going to rebuild your suspension i'd recommend their parts hands down. They make LBJ's, Outer Tie Rods, Inner Tie Rods, LCA's, UCA's.

https://www.rockauto.com/ -- Is where I get my parts from.

Last edited by LuxuryGS3; 01-24-13 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-25-13, 05:16 AM
chicov8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the diffrence between gs300 and gs430 upper control arms? rockauto moog uca are listed only for gs300 and not gs430
Old 01-25-13, 05:43 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chicov8
whats the diffrence between gs300 and gs430 upper control arms? rockauto moog uca are listed only for gs300 and not gs430
All 98-05 GS suspension are interchangeable.
Old 01-25-13, 06:12 PM
AmistadGS
Driver School Candidate

Im looking for adjustable UCA that are for a different model ex: the toe adjustment rods for a IS300 fits a GS. Looking for the same thing for a GS but UCAs?
Old 01-25-13, 06:24 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmistadGS
Im looking for adjustable UCA that are for a different model ex: the toe adjustment rods for a IS300 fits a GS. Looking for the same thing for a GS but UCAs?
Only adjustable FUCA's are SPC. FIGS is working on a set but no real ETA yet. Your other option would be buying some Nagisas or 7 Demand FUCA's straight from Japan but you'd be looking at an easy 1200.
Old 01-25-13, 09:56 PM
GTE4Life
Rookie

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
As in my previous comment.. Moog is a good reliable brand to go with. I run Moog LBJ's and Outer Tie Rods on my GS as a few other members do. They're beefier and sturdier than OEM's and also give you more of a stiffer feel than OEM parts do also. If you're going to rebuild your suspension i'd recommend their parts hands down. They make LBJ's, Outer Tie Rods, Inner Tie Rods, LCA's, UCA's.
Thanks man, I think i am convinced to save some cash and go with moog, i talked to a mechanic buddy today and without me mentioning moog, i was just complaining about the price of oem suspension parts, he right away mentioned moog parts. he has never used them on a lexus before (he has never worked on one) but everything else he put them in he had great results, he also mentioned that they are usually beefier than stock.

MOOG it is for me. thanks again
Old 01-25-13, 10:55 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GTE4Life
Thanks man, I think i am convinced to save some cash and go with moog, i talked to a mechanic buddy today and without me mentioning moog, i was just complaining about the price of oem suspension parts, he right away mentioned moog parts. he has never used them on a lexus before (he has never worked on one) but everything else he put them in he had great results, he also mentioned that they are usually beefier than stock.

MOOG it is for me. thanks again
No problem glad to help.

Make sure when you order order through RockAuto.com

You can probably get everything Moog for your front end off there for 600. Prolly less.
Old 01-26-13, 06:06 AM
chicov8
Lead Lap

do you know where to find moog caster arms?
Old 01-26-13, 07:33 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

do you know where to find moog caster arms?
Caster arms are the only ones I've yet to find, but then again I've never searched that hard. IMO I'd buy some used ones and then buy some FIGS Spherical Bushings and press them in. That would be what I would do if you're needing new bushings.
Old 01-26-13, 07:53 AM
chicov8
Lead Lap

Thanks man
I will need caster arms or bushings in near future
Do you have any idea why not a one website list Moog upper control arms as for gs430 but many list for gs300?
Old 01-26-13, 08:05 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Thanks man
I will need caster arms or bushings in near future
Do you have any idea why not a one website list Moog upper control arms as for gs430 but many list for gs300?
It's probably because they're interchangeable. Not totally sure but that could be the reason.

If you're in need of some caster arms there is a part out going on right now in the 2GS Classifieds. PM that guy and see if they're still good maybe you can scoop them.
Old 01-26-13, 08:21 AM
chicov8
Lead Lap

Thanks again man

Quick Reply: Interchangable UCAs for 2gen GS?