GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-12, 10:27 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)

Okay, so I need to replace 2 servo motors in my 2001 GS430. After doing done research, I came across some helpful DIYs and part #s from SewellParts.com. For the driver side servo I got part #: 87106-30351. And for passenger side servo motor(mode) I got part #:87106-30371. And the second servo which I think is the one people never change because it doesn't tend to break (cooling unit, air mix, etc.) The part #: 87106-30341. Anyhow, that was just done insight for anyone having the same trouble I am, a quick refresh.

My question is are those part #s compatible with a 2001 GS430? The threads I read containing these part #s never stated Wether these #s are for all GS (300s, 400s, or 430s, etc.) That's all I wanna know. Please, any OGs reading this.......... Please help me out. I'm pretty sure they should work fine with my GS430 but I just wanna make sure before I spend all this $$$ on these parts. Please, let a fellow know! Anybody, suggestions, advice, etc. are deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Last edited by aneidiaz; 11-22-12 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-23-12, 10:57 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sakataj is gonna have to be your guy on this one.....
Old 10-23-12, 10:59 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FlockoGS4
Sakataj is gonna have to be your guy on this one.....
I know bro. I know......

Old 10-23-12, 11:06 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

After doing a little more research on SewellParts.com I found this part # under GS430. Its part #:87106-30390. And that's forthe passenger side servo motor (mode). I searched over and over but could not find the second servo on they passenger side (air mix) or the servo motor for the driver. I think those part #s I posted above are close but maybe not the exact ones I need for my GS430. Like I tried searching for the driver side servo but do not know which diaphragm to look at provided on the site. I tried literally all of them 1 by 1. But could only find passenger servo mode motor. Under Electrical section: Blower & Cabin Filter. please, can someone help me out? I just need some correct part #s for GS430. That's all. I think those above are for GS400. All I wanna know is if the part #s I posted in the top post are compatible with a 2001 GS430. Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Last edited by aneidiaz; 10-23-12 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-24-12, 01:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

here's something not all people who use sewells page might know,

if you go to sewell's page.....and look under SERVICE for your year/model it shows all the common service parts specific to your year/model (i have noticed this gets updated from time to time by things we discuss/buy as a group so i know someone at Sewell is paying attention to our forums)....now for the 2nd Gen GS this INCLUDES all 4 servos in one minor category AND it shows that all 4 servos are compatible for all year and all model 2nd Gen GS's (look under where it says OPTIONS it says also fits and lists all model/year 2nd gen GS)

i looked these up for a GS400 just to prove they are used on all models and took screen shots of ALL 4 servos showing comparability with all models and even went the extra step and took a picture with all 4 showing price and part #'s. oh yeah my last rambling thought in my head...if i have a 2001 GS430 and i listed the part #'s i used.....why wouldn't they be compatible with your 2001 GS430? Before you say you didn't know i had a 2001 GS430 all you had to do was a little behind the scene leg work and you would know what year/model my car is without having to make a new thread. You could have also just asked this in your first thread.....or you could have just bumped my thread and asked if these would work on your 2001 GS430.

so for my last post ever to you, i give you a gift of visual pics
Attached Thumbnails Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)-servo-1.jpg   Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)-servo-2.jpg   Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)-servo-3.jpg   Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)-servo-4.jpg   Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)-servo-5.jpg  

Old 10-24-12, 04:34 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This must just be some show u put on, there was no need for all of that. You answered it quite normally and then had to go and trash this dude. Could it be he's not "good" with the internet, "good" with searching, maybe he didn't even think of "oh hey let me click around to peoples usernames and see if they listed what car they have, and hey, if its not listed there, let me search again (wasting more time) to try to find out what this guy drives."

You get mad at people for not "searching", but now you get mad at people for not searching "good enough." Have some manners man. Clearly all the guy needed was a few minutes of people's time.
Old 10-24-12, 07:30 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
This must just be some show u put on, there was no need for all of that. You answered it quite normally and then had to go and trash this dude. Could it be he's not "good" with the internet, "good" with searching, maybe he didn't even think of "oh hey let me click around to peoples usernames and see if they listed what car they have, and hey, if its not listed there, let me search again (wasting more time) to try to find out what this guy drives."

You get mad at people for not "searching", but now you get mad at people for not searching "good enough." Have some manners man. Clearly all the guy needed was a few minutes of people's time.
Hey if that was to me, thanks buddy!

Old 10-24-12, 07:40 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

where's the sense of 2gs unity?

Old 10-24-12, 07:49 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
here's something not all people who use sewells page might know,

if you go to sewell's page.....and look under SERVICE for your year/model it shows all the common service parts specific to your year/model (i have noticed this gets updated from time to time by things we discuss/buy as a group so i know someone at Sewell is paying attention to our forums)....now for the 2nd Gen GS this INCLUDES all 4 servos in one minor category AND it shows that all 4 servos are compatible for all year and all model 2nd Gen GS's (look under where it says OPTIONS it says also fits and lists all model/year 2nd gen GS)

i looked these up for a GS400 just to prove they are used on all models and took screen shots of ALL 4 servos showing comparability with all models and even went the extra step and took a picture with all 4 showing price and part #'s. oh yeah my last rambling thought in my head...if i have a 2001 GS430 and i listed the part #'s i used.....why wouldn't they be compatible with your 2001 GS430? Before you say you didn't know i had a 2001 GS430 all you had to do was a little behind the scene leg work and you would know what year/model my car is without having to make a new thread. You could have also just asked this in your first thread.....or you could have just bumped my thread and asked if these would work on your 2001 GS430.

so for my last post ever to you, i give you a gift of visual pics
Sakataj, my friend thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. And no, I did not know you dove a GS430 as well. Sorry I didn't do enough "leg work" and find out. Please, I have 1 last question. First off, lemme start by saint I did not know the driver side had 2 servos as well. I only thought there was a total of 3. So what I'm asking is this, please go over this info with me and lemme know if I'm correct out if I'm going the wrong way.

I'm just looking to change the same servo you changed in your DIY which is the one not next to the CD box but the one planned on the left inner dash. You know... And the main driver one which is the one you ASSUMED you had to take the whole dash and cluster out for... So is 8710630351 that main one in the driver side? And is 8710630341 the one you replaced in your DIY? If so, if I am correct so far, please confirm that these other 2 are as stated: 8710630390 (Fresh/Air Recirculation) is the servo on the passenger side right next to CD box, the one you didn't replace in your DIY. And is 8710630371 the other servo I had no clue about located in the driver side somewhere???...

If I'm correct my friend please lemme know. If I have some part #s mixed up, also please lemme know. I know your the man for this. I just wanna get it all right. Can't afford to order wrong parts. Please lemme know which one is which. Again, Sakataj I deeply appreciate all your help. You've been a coach. Please, no hard feelings.

Old 10-24-12, 08:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

please dont come in on the curtails of this conversation and act like you know whats going on....

and if he just needed help,then you should have given it to him,i have tried several times. i've hand enough "manners" with him and you. i mean i post a simple.....you know what nevermind. im not gonna bother trying to explain myself to the likes of you either....

Originally Posted by speedaddic
where's the sense of 2gs unity?

thomas.....

OP i posted you the info, goodbye
Old 10-24-12, 08:29 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

please dont come in on the curtails of this conversation and act like you know whats going on....

and if he just needed help,then you should have given it to him,i have tried several times. i've hand enough "manners" with him and you. i mean i post a simple.....you know what nevermind. im not gonna bother trying to explain myself to the likes of you either....
The funny thing is... you did the same thing on his other thread... its sad.
Old 10-24-12, 08:44 AM
kdick91
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
Sakataj, my friend thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. And no, I did not know you dove a GS430 as well. Sorry I didn't do enough "leg work" and find out. Please, I have 1 last question. First off, lemme start by saint I did not know the driver side had 2 servos as well. I only thought there was a total of 3. So what I'm asking is this, please go over this info with me and lemme know if I'm correct out if I'm going the wrong way.

I'm just looking to change the same servo you changed in your DIY which is the one not next to the CD box but the one planned on the left inner dash. You know... And the main driver one which is the one you ASSUMED you had to take the whole dash and cluster out for... So is 8710630351 that main one in the driver side? And is 8710630341 the one you replaced in your DIY? If so, if I am correct so far, please confirm that these other 2 are as stated: 8710630390 (Fresh/Air Recirculation) is the servo on the passenger side right next to CD box, the one you didn't replace in your DIY. And is 8710630371 the other servo I had no clue about located in the driver side somewhere???...

If I'm correct my friend please lemme know. If I have some part #s mixed up, also please lemme know. I know your the man for this. I just wanna get it all right. Can't afford to order wrong parts. Please lemme know which one is which. Again, Sakataj I deeply appreciate all your help. You've been a coach. Please, no hard feelings.

Way to be humbling and patient. I will help by sharing my experience. I didn't know which servos were which, but my defrost/vent switching servo was not behaving correctly (would auto switch to defrost on 85 and ignored the 'modes' I was on) so I began by pulling all the servos out. The benefit of this was that I was able to physically read which servo had which part number. IIRC, it was printed on the servo. ALSO, it gave me the chance to open them and regrease them. If you pop open the servo you can see the 'working area' it uses. I used a q-tip to remove all the old, contaminated grease. Then I took clean grease that was on the 'non-working' area and moved it back to where the pins are actually sliding over. If this is confusing, what I am trying to say is that if you open it up, you can see a bunch of extra grease that is untouched in the servo. Wipe off the visually dirty grease and move the clean grease back where the dirty grease is. Now, here is where things got weird for me. There are two wire harness clips on the passenger side for the two separate servo motors. It's pretty obvious where they go. One is significantly longer than the other. They do have the exact same clip, so you can get them backwards. When I hooked everything up, exactly as it came out (took pictures and everything before pulling out) it still behaved weird (FAR better, but still odd). I finally, in a last ditch attempt, tugged the F out of the shorter wire harness to get it to reach the further servo and shoved back the longer wire to clip it in to the nearer servo. This was OBVIOUSLY wrong and not the way it came.... But I ran the A/C test and EVERYTHING worked perfect.... Still puzzles me.

ANYWHO!! Try just popping the servos out and regreasing them. The labor and parts are free and you can visually identify with the part numbers. I'm going strong over 1 year on those servos and several other members have done this with great success. If you need additional information, just post back and I, or someone else, would be more than happy to help.

Kyle
Old 10-24-12, 08:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

The funny thing is... you did the same thing on his other thread... its sad.
the funnier thing is neither of his threads needed to be made Chris, all he had to do was read. i mean if i went out and made a exact thread like u doing trying to get a harness to work with the non nav and a radio would you be all nice to me about it when i came asking for answers? no u wouldnt be. im seriously over this....im headed to bed now. night night guys
Old 10-24-12, 09:49 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kdick91
Quote:

Originally Posted by aneidiaz

Way to be humbling and patient. I will help by sharing my experience. I didn't know which servos were which, but my defrost/vent switching servo was not behaving correctly (would auto switch to defrost on 85 and ignored the 'modes' I was on) so I began by pulling all the servos out. The benefit of this was that I was able to physically read which servo had which part number. IIRC, it was printed on the servo. ALSO, it gave me the chance to open them and regrease them. If you pop open the servo you can see the 'working area' it uses. I used a q-tip to remove all the old, contaminated grease. Then I took clean grease that was on the 'non-working' area and moved it back to where the pins are actually sliding over. If this is confusing, what I am trying to say is that if you open it up, you can see a bunch of extra grease that is untouched in the servo. Wipe off the visually dirty grease and move the clean grease back where the dirty grease is. Now, here is where things got weird for me. There are two wire harness clips on the passenger side for the two separate servo motors. It's pretty obvious where they go. One is significantly longer than the other. They do have the exact same clip, so you can get them backwards. When I hooked everything up, exactly as it came out (took pictures and everything before pulling out) it still behaved weird (FAR better, but still odd). I finally, in a last ditch attempt, tugged the F out of the shorter wire harness to get it to reach the further servo and shoved back the longer wire to clip it in to the nearer servo. This was OBVIOUSLY wrong and not the way it came.... But I ran the A/C test and EVERYTHING worked perfect.... Still puzzles me.

ANYWHO!! Try just popping the servos out and regreasing them. The labor and parts are free and you can visually identify with the part numbers. I'm going strong over 1 year on those servos and several other members have done this with great success. If you need additional information, just post back and I, or someone else, would be more than happy to help.

Kyle
THANK YOU SO MUCH FRIEND! I'M off today.... I might just try that. Patience and common sense and it should be running correctly in no time.

Old 10-24-12, 10:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

the funnier thing is neither of his threads needed to be made Chris, all he had to do was read. i mean if i went out and made a exact thread like u doing trying to get a harness to work with the non nav and a radio would you be all nice to me about it when i came asking for answers? no u wouldnt be. im seriously over this....im headed to bed now. night night guys
sakataj, we've discussed before that NOT responding is a better approach given past history in many similar situations. Either take the time to "teach a man to fish" politely in situations like this or don't respond at all. Leave helping him to someone who might do it without driving new members away.

Let's get this thread back on topic please

Quick Reply: Please, take a second to read..(servo motors)