GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My JDM 2001 JZS161 Toyota Aristo (in Japan)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 06:42 PM
Airbags300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should do vip they are luxury cars not ment to be rice out
Old 05-08-12, 06:46 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I want all your mechanical components on my car lololol.... So nice with tons of potential man.. Thx for sharing
Old 05-08-12, 10:11 PM
christodav
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbags300
The 'rice out' thing in Australia is referred to for cars with tacky/dodgy mods such as the HUGE single sideways exhaust on an NA car. I am not sure what it really means in the US? I'm not going to do that!

For a daily drive car, true 'VIP style' is just not practical. Also, I am never going to fit airbag suspension or curtains on this car. LOL

Chris
Old 05-09-12, 05:18 AM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

Nice car man. I'm actually here in Okinawa on vacation visiting family and friends. I gotta say japan has nice cars. It seems to me that skylines are everywhere, as if they were honda civics in the states for us. Anyways keep it up
Old 05-09-12, 08:33 AM
christodav
Driver

Originally Posted by bluwagun
Nice car man. I'm actually here in Okinawa on vacation visiting family and friends. I gotta say japan has nice cars. It seems to me that skylines are everywhere, as if they were honda civics in the states for us. Anyways keep it up
Enjoy your stay!

It's such a different place. Skylines are everywhere. U hardly ever see a Supra.

Chris
Old 05-10-12, 02:21 AM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

Your right chris, I know your not from OKI but I was wondering do you know the hours of operation for up garage? I tried searching there site and its pretty hard to read japanese considering my self filipino hahaha. I'm planning to stop by sunday.
Old 05-10-12, 04:23 AM
Hollywoood
Pole Position

chris good looking car bro
Old 05-10-12, 09:20 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice! These are due for import [1998] slowly into Canada now... just haven't seen any with a final cost yet, wouldn't mind one!
Then again if they'll be something like 15k for a 1998 - no thanks, since its a bit of coin for RHD 2jz fun. Unless its a JP salon car....

Shut up.

What is rice about that? It's stock with simple add-on's. Go chirp everyone on here that has a "new wheels" thread and tell them what to do...

Last edited by 01LEXPL; 05-10-12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-10-12, 10:17 AM
AristoKing
Instructor

I'm sorry but you can't call these cars ricer... That's just and insult to the car. Look up ricers you won't see one lexus on there. Ricer is and over exaggerated car mainly honda in japan and some here in the US.

OP - Your aristo looks awesome very clean car.
Old 05-10-12, 10:29 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

how is his car riced out? he has a great specimen of a RHD OEM equipped 2JZGTE and he's upgrading it with tasteful and useful mods. u kids now-a-days know nothing of VIP but yet thats the new crazy so everyone is on the band wagon
Old 06-04-12, 05:20 AM
cracka350z
Driver School Candidate

Nice aristo. I have a black 1999 aristo here in germany. Im opposite of you...alot more motorwork and less suspension lol. Running the same brakes tho.

And 01LEXPL..whats the year limit in canada? Isnt it 20yrs? Or is it 15?
Old 06-04-12, 06:37 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow amazing car bro! congrats on such a nice find!

i noticed you have FIGS components under the car, was it hard to change all the oem out to replace it with the new FIGS components?
Old 09-03-12, 10:43 PM
christodav
Driver

I am sorry it has taken so long to return to this thread. Like most of us, I am on a few forums and to be honest, I actually forgot I had written this - sorry.

Since the last time I posted, I have been slowly playing and progressing with the car. I have upgraded the pads and calipers front and rear and re-built and painted the stock rear calipers. So, now I have Dixcel Z pads, Dixcel HD front rotors an FP rear rotors. I went with the higher end without going silly with drilled and slotted etc. They look nice without screaming in your face so to speak and they work a treat!
I have also installed a Defi boost gauge into the centre console. I bought a set of center vents and went to work cutting and fiberglassing and cutting and sanding until I got the desired result. I will probably end up swapping the brushed titanium for brushed black metallic vinyl, but we'll sort that out later.

The brakes and suspension work has been a long and tiring process for me as I have a very small carpark here, I have have to buy or borrow tools as I go in most cases and car is not undercover. The other thing that hurts is that wheel alignments in Japan are insanely expensive (unlike Australia) and I have had to try to plan the fitment of suspension stuff to avoid breaking the bank.

Thanks guys for defending me on that guys 'ricer' comments. The whole idea of this car, is for it to be a sleeper. I don't want cop attention. I do however want the chassis to match the power. I don't just want straight line performance, I want to have fun in corners too. I understand that I am not driving a Nissan Slivia or a WRX, but I would like the car to handle reasonably well. I guess I want to feel confident driving it. I owned a JZS147 Aristo in Australia before coming to Japan and I had that close to what I was after, but I did what most people do and went about increasing power first. Now that I have the handling just about sorted apart from some bushes that I will probably replace in Australia, I can go about increasing the power to match the handling - a much safer option.

The Figs stuff seems good so far. I am quite pleased with it and it was fairly easy to install considering my situation. i would highly recommend the swaybar links if you upgrade the swaybars.

Chris

Old 09-03-12, 11:33 PM
PUREADDICT
Lead Lap

<3 JDM Aristo's

Are the seats blue leather?
Old 09-03-12, 11:50 PM
77i9
Lead Lap

it's black with the grey piping, like the sports design

Quick Reply: My JDM 2001 JZS161 Toyota Aristo (in Japan)