GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Problem with lock actuator replacement

Old 01-16-12, 05:28 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with lock actuator replacement

fixeddddddddd

Last edited by Bnastyy; 07-18-12 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-17-12, 09:35 AM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

anyone??
Old 01-17-12, 12:44 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnastyy

Problem 1

When I go to my car and unlock it once and open the driver door alarm goes off

Anyone know why this could be happening

All the rest are working good so far

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks
does your car beep when you arm and disarm? if it does, then your electronics are working correctly. if not, then you may have to diagnose each door.

if your alarm is being tripped, it may mean that you did not disarm it electronically. the computer thinks the car is locked when it isn't. so when you opened the door, it trips the alarm.

when one of my locks stopped working, there was no beeping when arming. so the broken lock couldnt lock that door. it beep when disarming because it was stuck in the unlock position.

my advice is arm the car, listen for beep, then check all doors. disarm car, listen for beep, then check all doors. then go from there.
Old 01-17-12, 03:53 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by onihc
does your car beep when you arm and disarm? if it does, then your electronics are working correctly. if not, then you may have to diagnose each door.

if your alarm is being tripped, it may mean that you did not disarm it electronically. the computer thinks the car is locked when it isn't. so when you opened the door, it trips the alarm.

when one of my locks stopped working, there was no beeping when arming. so the broken lock couldnt lock that door. it beep when disarming because it was stuck in the unlock position.

my advice is arm the car, listen for beep, then check all doors. disarm car, listen for beep, then check all doors. then go from there.
thanks for the advice man,

Yes the car beeps when I unlock, but when I unlock only my driver door by hitting it once and when I open the door the alarm goes off, If i get the alarm off and re do the process rite after the alarm will not go off

But if I wait 30 or so minutes it does it agian

If I unlock all doors it will not do it or if I lock first then unlock it wont do it

Its like I am sneeking up on the car by hitting the unlock once the alarm goes off, but if I let it know im there by hitting the unlock twice or the lock first it is fine...

How do I properly dissarm?

and you are saying to set the alarm off on the keys and seeing if that solves the problem?

thanks againn man
Old 01-17-12, 05:40 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you disarm the same way as me, with the unlock button. lock all the doors(arm it), then try opening the drivers door.

sounds like the motor may not be put in correctly. when you press it the second time, you give it another jolt, therefore unlocking it fully.
Old 01-17-12, 06:13 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

Sorry If that was confusing,

But when I hit the unlock button once it does unlock the driver door, when I was talking about hitting it twice it unlocks all doors

the locks work my problem is the alarm will go off if I only unlock the driver door and open it

If I unlock all doors and open the driver it does not go off