GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New, need a drop!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-11, 01:43 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSDuBAi
-Thinner sidewallsis exaclty what im looking for. since im running on 245/45's now, and i dont like the look of it at all.
On 18s, the tire needed to be 245/40 anyway. The sidewall would not have been as tall. It sounds like you want a certain look as your main goal. That is fine since it sounds like you are OK with the pros and cons.

Originally Posted by GSDuBAi
-for sure will drop it otherwise it will look sluggish.
-What do you mean by suspension geometry tho? il be going for tanabe/eibachs, whichever is available easily out here, anything else will i hav to change?
What I meant was that since the diameter of the new tires are smaller, you'd have to lower it even more to achieve the same fender gap reduction as someone with the OEM diameter. Since you are going with springs (fixed drop), the car will just be lowered by the spec of the springs. The gap you get is the gap you get. The suspension change is also independent of the wheel/tire spec so what I said is not really affected.
Old 11-21-11, 09:56 AM
GSDuBAi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
On 18s, the tire needed to be 245/40 anyway. The sidewall would not have been as tall. It sounds like you want a certain look as your main goal. That is fine since it sounds like you are OK with the pros and cons.

What I meant was that since the diameter of the new tires are smaller, you'd have to lower it even more to achieve the same fender gap reduction as someone with the OEM diameter. Since you are going with springs (fixed drop), the car will just be lowered by the spec of the springs. The gap you get is the gap you get. The suspension change is also independent of the wheel/tire spec so what I said is not really affected.
yes neo now you getting my point.
thanks for your time. will post up pics as soon as im done. Takecare buddy
Old 11-21-11, 10:39 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes I forget that not everyone is on air or coilovers and can vary the drop. Good luck and enjoy.