GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fuel filter help, yeas I have searched!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-11, 10:28 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
glad u found the issue but WHY post that in here AND make a new thread asking the same info....this is how we get so much clutter
because that's a seperate issue. in that thread i'm asking how lexus goes about converting pnc numbers to part numbers. if i put that in this thread, i'll miss exposure to people who might have info on the topic but would never click this thread because they have never touched their fuel filter.
Old 06-28-11, 10:43 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger4life
because that's a seperate issue. in that thread i'm asking how lexus goes about converting pnc numbers to part numbers. if i put that in this thread, i'll miss exposure to people who might have info on the topic but would never click this thread because they have never touched their fuel filter.
if they NEVER touched their fuel filter i doubt they would be any help then anyways...

JUST SAYING by putting it in here (or in the fuel filter thread where it should have gone lol) you gain exposure to all the people who HAVE actually done this and could actually be of help. even the people who might know how they convert the PNC #'s could be of help in there

i DO hope you get your issue resolved though as it seems ALL the 98-2000 people....who do this have issues with the o-rings and it would be of help to them...and as far as i have seen only OCH had on the 2001+ models
Old 06-28-11, 11:02 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

^^^^^man, i just want help. i know someone has info on this process, but it seems like guys don't really try to add to the wealth of info on here anymore. people just are concerned about how low someone's car is or how wide their wheels are. i like that stuff too, but when i learn something that i think could help another user i try to post it here. people assume everything has been covered about these cars, but that isn't the case.
Old 06-29-11, 02:17 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

^^^^^man, i just want help. i know someone has info on this process, but it seems like guys don't really try to add to the wealth of info on here anymore
i know you do man and i hope you get it....yes i have noticed ALOT of OG's AWOL. i chalk that up to the change of community,the majority of younger, impatient,know it all members, with the do it cheap and go home style.... and who NEVER search and make a million new threads

SOMEONE HELP THIS GUY.....
Old 06-29-11, 08:20 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

So, I went to Longo Lexus today to personally look into the PNC # situation. Unfortunately they couldn't help me get a number for the washer, but I have a new lead.

Anyone know of a Walbro distributor in the socal area? I believe the Walbro 400-765 fuel pump install kit for our car comes with a replacement washer. Will probably have to call in the morning though since Walbo doesn't even have a distibutor list on their website.
Old 06-30-11, 12:47 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Walbo doesn't even have a distibutor list on their website.
yes they do...your search skills are weak

http://wem.walbro.com/distributors/s...stributors.asp
Old 06-30-11, 04:18 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

i know i found that last night. that list is what's weak though, it only shows 3-4 distributors in socal. I called their headquarters in michigan this morning and had to call 2-3 other people before i found someone with it in stock. just got back from meeting them and wasting $25 because the kit doesn't have the washer or grommet that they picture in the ad. this is really starting to look like i'm going to have to buy a $100 used assembly just to get that washer.

And sak before you say i should've did my home work. i was desperate so i had to take the chance. the michigan guy over the department was on vacation so i couldn't ask him. 1st distribuutor another department gave didn't answer. 2nd distributor (a speed shop) said they had it but if i wanted to pick it up, i'd have to call another guy and get him to order it so he could see it to me for the same price. Just met him at his condo to find out the crap is useless.

i really like the car, but i think i'm about to let it die slowly. i know an older car is going to have problems, but spending $100 for a plastic washer is ridiculous.
Old 07-01-11, 01:40 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

And sak before you say i should've did my home work. i
i PROBABLY would have said that you should have DONE your homework and not the grammatical incorrect sentence you said

i'm def all for you getting some help man, lately i have seen alot of members with issues after doing theirs so if we can get a fix so no one else has to endure it, im all for it ....i just want them all together so people who claim to search can't/don't say they couldn't find it.
Old 07-01-11, 04:40 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Replaced the washer yesterday and let the car sit overnight. Started it this morning to check that the pressure was maintained. Car started right up, no stumble. l left it at home for the day. Just went to start it again and the thing stumbles again. I am totally lost, next guess is the regulator.
Old 07-02-11, 07:27 AM
daihap133
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone post all the part# for all 3 o-rings if you have gotten them from Mcmaster Carr?
I change my fuel pump and fuel filter 2 months ago, got the pump from ebay, it came with one 0-ring which is the one going from the pump to the filter. The other two o-rings, one from the fuel filter outlet, and the one on the fuel pressure regulator, I just keep the old one in there, luckily, I don't have any problem, now I feel like I ought to change them out as well.

thanks million~
Old 07-02-11, 02:14 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Originally Posted by daihap133
Can someone post all the part# for all 3 o-rings if you have gotten them from Mcmaster Carr?
I change my fuel pump and fuel filter 2 months ago, got the pump from ebay, it came with one 0-ring which is the one going from the pump to the filter. The other two o-rings, one from the fuel filter outlet, and the one on the fuel pressure regulator, I just keep the old one in there, luckily, I don't have any problem, now I feel like I ought to change them out as well.

thanks million~
Mc-master Carr only sells the big one, M10X3.5 o-ring. Don't quote me but I believe Och told me the two small ones were M8x3.5. I know they are the same size though. I couldn't order them from Mc-master because their available sizes only went down to 9 mm I believe. So I got it from the toyota dealer. The smaller o-ring's p/n is listed in Och's. You need 2.

YOU CANNOT GET THE BIG ONE FROM THE DEALER, SO YOU NEED TO USE MCMASTER OR SOME OTHER VENDOR. You're being lazy, but the Mcmaster p/n is 9263k765. But p/n's change all the time, so ensure that it is 10mm opening, 3.5 mm diameter and viton.
Old 06-24-15, 10:31 PM
meaux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O-ring

I think this diagram shows the o-ring people have been looking for.
Old 06-25-15, 07:27 AM
Mcon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I change mine and Thanks GOD I don't have that issue with the O rings. I guess my car is 2005 but is good to know all this info. for future reference.