GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

looking at rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 01:19 PM
929rider
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking at rims

http://www.performanceplustire.com/b...heels/l-chrome

heres the rims i found 20" x 8.5" with brand new 245-40-20 tires and i dont know the offset yet. its either +18 or +40 i dont know yet. they are used for $650.

anyone have either setup so i could see a pic.
looks like I'm going VIP style.

anyone know what kind of lugs i would need or oem?
Attached Thumbnails looking at rims-dipl.jpg  
Old 03-24-11, 01:22 PM
929rider
Driver

heres the ad pics.
called for better ones.
Attached Thumbnails looking at rims-lexus-rims.jpg  
Old 03-24-11, 02:18 PM
mtofique
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it me or do those look like sc430 rims?
Old 03-24-11, 02:25 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mtofique
is it me or do those look like sc430 rims?
they do look similar....and it looks like someone drew the L on them.....even the link he supplied has that funny looking L on them
Old 03-24-11, 03:39 PM
929rider
Driver

they do have the L on them they are DIP L's.
the offset is 5.5" he measured
Old 03-24-11, 03:59 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 929rider
looks like I'm going VIP style.

anyone know what kind of lugs i would need or oem?
First things first, there is nothing "VIP" about this wheel. Its ghetto garbage. Sorry to sound so blunt but they are fugly. And by nothing I mean style, size and offset. Most VIP wheels are usually over 1k each and are custom made not mass produced. Secondly Lexus/Toyota lug nuts only work with the OEM wheels

they do have the L on them they are DIP L's.
the offset is 5.5" he measured
You already listed the offset in the first post, its +40. What the guy measured sounds like backspacing which represents the distance from the mounting point to the back of the wheel

offset is measured from the center of the wheel to the mounting point
Old 03-24-11, 06:37 PM
929rider
Driver

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
First things first, there is nothing "VIP" about this wheel. Its ghetto garbage. Sorry to sound so blunt but they are fugly. And by nothing I mean style, size and offset. Most VIP wheels are usually over 1k each and are custom made not mass produced. Secondly Lexus/Toyota lug nuts only work with the OEM wheels

You already listed the offset in the first post, its +40. What the guy measured sounds like backspacing which represents the distance from the mounting point to the back of the wheel

offset is measured from the center of the wheel to the mounting point

wow, who pissed in your cheerio's?
and you are wrong they are +18 offset not +40.
5.5" was the backspace measured.
and i thought vip was large, full face rims.
245-40-20 20x8.5
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

i dont like cars laying on the ground. but I wouldnt trash someone's idea's if i didnt like them. so besides the lugnut info, please keep YOUR OPINIONS to YOURSELF.
Old 03-24-11, 06:56 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

hey if you like those rims man go on and get them. But you did say you are wanting to go with VIP rims and these dont really look like them. Sometimes you gotta take what ppl say on here with a grain of salt. But 8.5 width really isnt VIP man. And yea ive been lookin for some rims and even used VIP rims gonna run you At very least with no tires around 2500. Maybe you will get luck and catch a steal but definitely not for 650. IMO i wouldnt get those rims. I would go with a staggered setup.
Old 03-24-11, 07:29 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, who pissed in your cheerio's?
and you are wrong they are +18 offset not +40.
5.5" was the backspace measured.
and i thought vip was large, full face rims.
245-40-20 20x8.5
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

i dont like cars laying on the ground. but I wouldnt trash someone's idea's if i didnt like them. so besides the lugnut info, please keep YOUR OPINIONS to YOURSELF.
*sigh* some people just can't take constructive criticism. Well let's start off by saying you're taking this too personal. This was not an attack or intention to **** you off, I'm merely feeding you the facts so you're welcome. If you "thought vip was was large, full face rims" then you are way off. If you posted this in the VIP section of this forum you would have been told the same. VIP is simply a style/look achieved by many characteristics which I won't even begin to get into detail about because I could probably write for hours.

Again I'm not bashing so don't take it the wrong way, but lets look at the facts DIP wheels are lower end cheaper wheels. So when you find a used set for $600 and then call it VIP, some people who actually know about VIP are going to take it the wrong way.

If you are going to post photos or ask for opinions you're gonna have to expect some people will be positive or negative. Its just the way it is, you don't have to agree with them. If you like them, then buy them and who cares what anyone else thinks because its what you think in the end. Yes I like VIP style, yes I have curtains and a table in my car. Some of my friends think it looks gay but thats only because they are not car guys or know anything about VIP style so I dont really care LOL... So lay back.. smoke a fatty and chiiiiiiilll
Old 03-24-11, 07:43 PM
PlatinumG
Driver School Candidate

Default Listen...

If u say wheels full face are not VIP u r lost hommie I got MRR HR3 and dent get more plate or more VIP than that brooooooo!!!!!
Old 03-25-11, 03:34 AM
929rider
Driver

i dont think the just the cost of the wheels make them vip style. our local shop has HRE's laying around and i dont think they are vip. costly yes, but not vip.

and i did smoke a fatty when i posted last night.
Old 03-25-11, 08:07 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a big fan of the flashy chrome wheels, but if you like it, that's all that matters. As stated before, atleast find staggered wheels.
Old 03-25-11, 08:29 AM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to bash, but I wanna see how you're going to pull this off as VIP. Everything posted above are legit inputs, don't take it the wrong way. Not all big face is VIP. I was once in your state of mind but as I started seeing other VIP rides, I notice they're about stance and aggressivness. Goodluck with the project though, I'm in for pics
Old 03-25-11, 09:47 AM
929rider
Driver

the offset wasnt right for me.
my wife and i are english bulldog breeders, so she told me i can get rims when our newest pups are 8 weeks and they go to new owners. i can get tirerack at cost so i will be getting staggered .
just so hard to imagine what would look good with my burnished gold paint.
Old 03-26-11, 08:05 AM
kraven9
Lead Lap

ehh if you like them, go for it.

Quick Reply: looking at rims