GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Whitevomr + Air Ride + Audio = WIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-10, 03:28 PM
marus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow....you guys are in Georgia......ima need to call you guys for advice on my gs build.....are you guys trying to get rid of the old suspension...... i need something to replace my stocks quick? pm if you guys can sell it to me or something. love both of the gs though.
Old 07-30-10, 04:37 PM
jdmgeorge
Rookie

one more question , it looks like you guys used something instead of the bilstein purch on the rear shocks , it looks much thinner?
Old 07-30-10, 05:52 PM
thatWESguy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

super clean build, good job guys =] can't wait to see what it'll look like once the wheels are spaced out properly
Old 07-30-10, 08:35 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
nice job tony and especially you dan. new rims look great....a few pics dont work BTW....what's he doing with his JIC's?

back tomorrow when work starts for the rest of the pics.....sorry for interrupting your posting.
lol yeah you know better with me. pics should all be working now.

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Nice build thread!
thanks!

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
damn that is some good work..im jealous.
you shouldn't be. all of this was very simple work. we didn't even use any fiberglass at all.

Originally Posted by lunatyk
That's a nice and clean install. Thanks for sharing. Car looks great!!
thanks! just trying to help out a fellow member and GA buddy

Originally Posted by jdmgeorge
question for you guys, did you put the bump stops back in the rear upper strut mounts?
sure didn't we used what was supplied by UAS

Originally Posted by RLGS300
looks amazing, nicely done!!
thanks

Originally Posted by Automan
Very nice Tony!! I love what you guys did with the trunk. Great build.
thanks Mark. wish we could have had a chance for em to put in some work on you car!

Originally Posted by speedaddic
nice turnout. I was just thinking...man needs spacers...and then scrolled down and said, "he read my mind! How'd he do that?"
lol yeah i am torn love the lowness when slammed without spacers but that pokey poke you get with the spacers is so hawt

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
wow.. really nice build.. and alot done at once.. I wish I had money to do all of that at one time.. or at least one. lol.. but came out really good. and you guys made it look so easy... the trunk setup is really clean.. came out dope all around
thanks! it helps to have a lot of experienced people around

Originally Posted by Vincent123
wow thats a very quality build, everything looks top notch. No cutting corners
def no cutting corners

Originally Posted by duby1
looks clean makes me want to redo my air.
DO IT!!!

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Looks real nice. Luv the AVIC X920BT headunit.
yes it is a great head unit love the bluetooth and ipod controls

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Yes me too! I wish I had the time to be so dedicated to building it though.. NIce job n the super clean install.. How long did it take?
we had the car for a week. obviously could have done it much quicker but we had other projects going on as well. lol i am still working on my car. it was an "after hours" type build for daniel.

Originally Posted by LiLS
word i wanna redo my air! that accuair manifold loooks sweeeettt
i love the accuair setup. i really wish he did the full setup. it is gangsta

Originally Posted by fenderzig
Really, really impressed! That seems like it would have taken a long time??? Great job!
could have easily done this in 3 days tops with no interruptions

Originally Posted by Infamous 1
Super clean install!
thanks

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
looks great guys.
thanks dude!

Originally Posted by arpham
I love that trunk setup!
thanks!

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Sick build! Great photos and documentation. Love everything about the car.
Originally Posted by lexus310
damm thats nicely done!! i like the pic by pic action!!
that's me haha

Originally Posted by whitevomr
yes I had shipped them to Zack at UAS and they put them in.

Tony and American Radio did an excellent job! and got my car done in a week!
prob shouldn't plug the shop dan lol we are not a vendor on here and last thing we want is to have this thread deleted.

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
WIN!

ten char.
nice!

ten char

Originally Posted by Durrby
Wow what a thread! Great work.
Originally Posted by PushinLEX
i love it. attention to detail is always appreciated here.
thanks

Originally Posted by CleanGS4
wow thats a great build, if you don't mind how much did it run to do all that!
lol i can't do that on here man. we don't want to advertise on here. you have my cell so text me

Originally Posted by marus
wow....you guys are in Georgia......ima need to call you guys for advice on my gs build.....are you guys trying to get rid of the old suspension...... i need something to replace my stocks quick? pm if you guys can sell it to me or something. love both of the gs though.
hit me up with a pm.

Originally Posted by jdmgeorge
one more question , it looks like you guys used something instead of the bilstein purch on the rear shocks , it looks much thinner?
nah that was before the car was on the ground and fully tightened.

Originally Posted by thatWESguy
super clean build, good job guys =] can't wait to see what it'll look like once the wheels are spaced out properly
yes, after some more fender mods he will be on his way to the flush look
Old 07-30-10, 09:10 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, so adding spacer make you lose tuck? I love to tuck! BTW, how noisy are the compressors, and how is the ride compared to stock? Thanks for posting this!
Old 07-30-10, 09:16 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice budget build !!
Old 07-30-10, 09:21 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Amazing .... Beautiful.... Great build thread. Trunk is sweeet!!! Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-30-10, 10:03 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait, so adding spacer make you lose tuck? I love to tuck! BTW, how noisy are the compressors, and how is the ride compared to stock? Thanks for posting this!
Not exactly, it all depends on your wheel specs and how thick of a spacer. The compressors are noisy but not to bad. They don't take that long to fill the tank up so its not bad at all. Plus with the music you dont even hear it. The ride is very comfortable! Still stiffer than stock.
Old 07-30-10, 10:55 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whitevomr
Not exactly, it all depends on your wheel specs and how thick of a spacer. The compressors are noisy but not to bad. They don't take that long to fill the tank up so its not bad at all. Plus with the music you dont even hear it. The ride is very comfortable! Still stiffer than stock.
Well Im on air too, but lately my ride is feeling nasty! How bad are your streets, and do you drive low? About the compressors, thats what I do, turn it up
Old 07-31-10, 02:28 AM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

nice build, very clean too. how does the w7 sound? do you think it's over kill with one sub in the deck and one in the trunk???. i never knew u can have camber issues on a stand still. i always thought it was on a roll(ing).
Old 07-31-10, 03:36 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a question about the port. I did car stereo back in the day and built boxes that were "tune ported" from an old school program Rockford Fosgate had called TermPro. Did you guys tune port that box or just put the pvc piping in there? Any whistle noises from the bass? I hadn't built boxes in over 18 years...so I know technology has changed. Just wondering.
Old 07-31-10, 06:41 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

I've got a question about the port. I did car stereo back in the day and built boxes that were "tune ported" from an old school program Rockford Fosgate had called TermPro. Did you guys tune port that box or just put the pvc piping in there? Any whistle noises from the bass? I hadn't built boxes in over 18 years...so I know technology has changed. Just wondering.
well we started with a sealed box which would have been right for his application since he only supplied us with a 400watt amp. then he called ans said he wanted a ported box and at that time we had already build the rest of the trunk so we had to engineer a box that would fit in that space with the right port size. so yes it is tuned to the sub but not efficiently. if he had said that he wanted it ported from the get go we would have tune ported it. for what it is it turned out great. very little whistling and not that bad of a sound for the power that is going to it.

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
nice build, very clean too. how does the w7 sound? do you think it's over kill with one sub in the deck and one in the trunk???. i never knew u can have camber issues on a stand still. i always thought it was on a roll(ing).
the deck lid stock subwoofer was removed to act as a port into the car. we did not put the stock sub back in on purpose not to mention that when we bypassed the stock amp we lost the stock sub too.

Well Im on air too, but lately my ride is feeling nasty! How bad are your streets, and do you drive low? About the compressors, thats what I do, turn it up
our streets here are actually very nice. the highways are great!

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
very nice budget build !!
nothing like your budget build of course lol!
Old 07-31-10, 06:43 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet if you took a router to the edges of both sides of the port, it would lessen the whistling.
Old 07-31-10, 08:12 AM
jgc
Pole Position

Wow. Quality work. GG.
Old 07-31-10, 09:37 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

I bet if you took a router to the edges of both sides of the port, it would lessen the whistling.
true but as of now he isn't running the sub with enough power efficiently to have that be a concern. once he upgrades the sub we may decide to make him another box

Originally Posted by jgc
Wow. Quality work. GG.
thanks!

Quick Reply: Whitevomr + Air Ride + Audio = WIN