GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Before/After pics and a few other mods.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-10, 10:06 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Very nice. A simple lip kit would set your car off perfect.

What suspension are you running now?
I hear you. Already got a lip on order. Just need to find the time to pick it up at the shop. Not exactly a one of a kind lip, but have only seen a very few people run them here so it should be fairly rare. Also have a Junction Produce Bonnet Spoiler I need to install, and some LED tail lights. Plan to do a projector retro too.

As for suspension, it is the stock springs and shocks, but with the Exact Motorsports front RCA that lowers 38mm (About 1.5") and Sage rear RCA that lowers 30mm (About 1.1") Up and down ride is stock, but cornering is stiffer with less body roll due to the Daizen sway bars. Truthfully, I like the firmer suspension I had with the coilovers, so I may go back to them in the future. Unfortunately, our county laws state you can't pass annual safety inspection with a lowered car without first obtaining what they call a reconstruction permit. I had to remove my last suspension because of that. With the RCA, they can't see the modification unless they really look for it.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-25-10 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-25-10, 10:11 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice ride man..ive always wondered how those rims look on a GS. looks really good
Old 04-25-10, 10:16 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

#%&@ recon~
Old 04-26-10, 02:30 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ recon for stock suspension??
Old 04-26-10, 02:48 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PHML
^^ recon for stock suspension??
No, last year when I still had the Fortune Auto coilovers on. That is why I went with the RCA only. With stock rims they can't tell its lowered.
Old 04-26-10, 04:08 AM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Chris... Nice and simple. How much did your interior LED upgrade run you?
Old 04-26-10, 12:00 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed

Before with Carson Tune replica Strut Tower Brace.

Now with C-One Motorsports Strut Tower Brace.

Toms rear Lower Control Arm Box Plates.

i didnt know that yellow bar was a carson replica lol.

i wondered who bought that c-one bar...i woulda bought it but i didnt think it would clear the gs430 engine cover

the lower control arm box plates....i thought bout getting awhile ago...do they make a noticeable difference?

I sold the yellow one months ago.
to me....hehe. i think im gonna repaint it after i replace my engine mount and remove the adhesive thats on it protecting my CF cover

car looks great chris
Old 04-26-10, 12:49 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sakataj
i didnt know that yellow bar was a carson replica lol.

i wondered who bought that c-one bar...i woulda bought it but i didnt think it would clear the gs430 engine cover

the lower control arm box plates....i thought bout getting awhile ago...do they make a noticeable difference?

to me....hehe. i think im gonna repaint it after i replace my engine mount and remove the adhesive thats on it protecting my CF cover

car looks great chris
The yellow one actually fit better. Reason is the C-One is made for the JDM Aristo with everything flip flopped. If you notice in the two pictures the relay box next to the battery, the one with the C-One is crooked. The base doesn't fit under it like the Yellow one. There is a slot cut out on the other base but it's on the wrong side for the USDM car. I'll have to shave my own slot.

Also, this bar had less clearance than the Carson/Carson replica one. Even with the modifications I did to fit the yellow one it still rubbed. Had to make more temp modifcations and I have 1/16" clearance now. I really like this new brace, but I was going to buy another same brace as the yellow one, but they didn't have any at the time.

The Tom's plates in theory makes sense and probably works, but I can't feel any affect at all. I got them for a good price and bought it more for the looks and the "What the he'll, why not" factor.
Old 04-26-10, 12:56 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rich23
Looks good Chris... Nice and simple. How much did your interior LED upgrade run you?
Around $100 or so. Bought it from a local shop. It's the LED board type. I reaced every interior light including the doors except for the driver and passenger footwell lights. Those use a mini bulb that I have found a replacement for yet.
Old 04-26-10, 01:04 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 04-26-10, 01:04 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

The yellow one actually fit better. Reason is the C-One is made for the JDM Aristo with everything flip flopped. If you notice in the two pictures the relay box next to the battery, the one with the C-One is crooked. The base doesn't fit under it like the Yellow one. There is a slot cut out on the other base but it's on the wrong side for the USDM car. I'll have to shave my own slot.

Also, this bar had less clearance than the Carson/Carson replica one. Even with the modifications I did to fit the yellow one it still rubbed. Had to make more temp modifcations and I have 1/16" clearance now. I really like this new brace, but I was going to buy another same brace as the yellow one, but they didn't have any at the time.

The Tom's plates in theory makes sense and probably works, but I can't feel any affect at all. I got them for a good price and bought it more for the looks and the "What the he'll, why not" factor.
gotcha....i actually wanna relocate that relay box. its in my way lol.

ah, i gotca. cool. thanks for that info

yeah i guess if u got them for a good price why not... :0
Old 04-26-10, 02:26 PM
GSMidnight
Driver School Candidate

Is that kit that you used for your double din the one from Carson? it matches perfectly..
Old 04-26-10, 05:22 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the varianza's! work wheels owners unite!
Old 04-26-10, 05:26 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

looks great!
Old 04-26-10, 06:53 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GSMidnight
Is that kit that you used for your double din the one from Carson? it matches perfectly..
It is the same Toyota OEM Aristo trim face that Carson sells. I bought it through a local shop though.

Quick Reply: Before/After pics and a few other mods.