GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ipod adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 02:32 PM
aasim305
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ipod adaptor

Hello
I have a 2002 gs with nav. anyone know what type of ipod adaptor i have to buy or where i could get one at so it could work threw the factory set up???
thanks
Old 03-30-10, 02:50 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

just wait OP there is a member on here (he will reveal himself if he chooses) who is working on a simple PNP IPOD adaptor that will work THROUGH the factory screen and will play movies/etc on the screen otherwise i dont believe ANY play through the screen. mine will but im doing MAJOR stuff to do it (as the ipod is a side thought for me, i want my sirius, dvd player, etc to function through the screen)
Old 03-30-10, 03:39 PM
wildnphx
Driver School Candidate

Default Is it done yet?

I can't wait!! This would be awesome.... I wonder what the eta is on completion......
Old 03-30-10, 05:58 PM
BigClexus
Rookie

Anything cheep for the non nav cars? DIY included? I just bought another 100 pack of CD-s on ebay, so that will keep me busy for a while
Old 03-30-10, 06:02 PM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, will this set-up hopefully work on th 98-2000 nav systems???

*hope sooooo
Old 03-30-10, 10:31 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you searched VAIStech?
Old 03-31-10, 12:19 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

http://gromaudio.com/store/all-toy.html

I personally have the 89.99 one in my car and it works completely fine and sounds great. When I put it in, I removed my 12V outlet from inside the center console. Fished the cable that connects to the ipod through there and hid the box underneath the shifter. There's room for it down there. I can take my chrome surround off and see it. Very clean and simple install.

Last edited by Rippaflow; 03-31-10 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-31-10, 03:24 AM
JAYGS4NYC
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

"just wait OP there is a member on here (he will reveal himself if he chooses) who is working on a simple PNP IPOD adaptor that will work THROUGH the factory screen and will play movies/etc on the screen otherwise i dont believe ANY play through the screen. mine will but im doing MAJOR stuff to do it (as the ipod is a side thought for me, i want my sirius, dvd player, etc to function through the screen) "

*Keep me in the loop for this!
Old 03-31-10, 06:51 AM
lexalex
Driver School Candidate

OOOH I can't wait to hear this one!!!! I have a 03 GS3 with Navi and I was thinking about just getting the connector for the Ipod that hooks into the tape player, but I'm going to wait to hear about this Does it really play through the screen????!!!!

As a side note - I've tried that little trick to turn off the navi control that disables you from entering in addresses or anything while driving (when you go to the volume page and click top left, bottom right... etc. etc.) but it never works!!!!! Could that have something to do with the navi CD I'm using (haven't upgraded my nav DVD since 03)
Old 03-31-10, 07:21 AM
vbspunger
Pole Position

i have a vaistech ipod adapter for sale right now....details in the video/audio classifieds!
Old 03-31-10, 11:25 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by wildnphx
I can't wait!! This would be awesome.... I wonder what the eta is on completion......
dunno, i was JUST let into the loop bout it. i know nothing more bout it and even if i did, i was sworn to secrecy so just keep your ears out.

Originally Posted by BigClexus
Anything cheep for the non nav cars? DIY included? I just bought another 100 pack of CD-s on ebay, so that will keep me busy for a while
i think someone made a DIY to hardwire a ipod into yours, try searching i know i saw one on here

Originally Posted by ac921ol
hmmm, will this set-up hopefully work on th 98-2000 nav systems???

*hope sooooo
dunno man. i barely know anything bout it except its in the works

Originally Posted by JAYGS4NYC
"just wait OP there is a member on here (he will reveal himself if he chooses) who is working on a simple PNP IPOD adaptor that will work THROUGH the factory screen and will play movies/etc on the screen otherwise i dont believe ANY play through the screen. mine will but im doing MAJOR stuff to do it (as the ipod is a side thought for me, i want my sirius, dvd player, etc to function through the screen) "

*Keep me in the loop for this!
u need to learn to quote instead of copying and pasting lol

Originally Posted by lexalex
OOOH I can't wait to hear this one!!!! I have a 03 GS3 with Navi and I was thinking about just getting the connector for the Ipod that hooks into the tape player, but I'm going to wait to hear about this Does it really play through the screen????!!!!

As a side note - I've tried that little trick to turn off the navi control that disables you from entering in addresses or anything while driving (when you go to the volume page and click top left, bottom right... etc. etc.) but it never works!!!!! Could that have something to do with the navi CD I'm using (haven't upgraded my nav DVD since 03)
yes, it really plays through the screen, and it works i have seen it. i kinda feel i may have said to much without saying anything at all. so forget i said anything.. my lips are sealed now on this till its released or the person im referring to comes forward

no the nav trick has NOTHING to do with the cd. i think even the 9.1 works on the gen 2/3
Old 04-02-10, 12:09 AM
spliffygs4
Driver School Candidate

damn what up with all the secracy let it out yow lol, but i doubt it'll work for the 98-00 cuz nothing works for my car not grom or that other one i even tried calling the company themselves and they dont have an answer for me so for now i am just sticking with my little tape deck ipod adapter until i can afford a double din.
Old 06-24-10, 07:41 PM
David1969
Pole Position

I'm tired of using the FM adaptor. I need a true hard-wire connection to listen to clean/clear audio thru my factory car stereo via my 3rd gen iPod.
Old 06-24-10, 08:02 PM
Chris98GS4
Pole Position

I use the Tape adapter and when it works it's nice and loud and sounds great, but there is something wrong with my tape player. It makes a constant noise and only works 100% about 50% of the time.
Anyone else?
Any recomendations?

I would love to install a oem navi.

I have a 98 GS4
Old 06-24-10, 09:44 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use an ice link in my 03 gs non nav and it works perfect , controls it from the steering wheel . Not sure if it works with nav cars as i have never tried , I have one for sale in the audio classifieds for $65 or something.

Quick Reply: ipod adaptor